HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Central Europe
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.)

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2009, 11:18 AM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
After today´s 2:5 loss to Finland, the U20 team finishes 3rd in the Summer Hockey Challenge. Results:

Slovakia- Czech republic 1:3 (0:1,0:0,1:2)
Jakub Gašparovič (Martin Bakoš)
SOG: 38:42
SVK Player of the game: Marek Čiliak

Slovakia- Germany 5:0 (2:0,1:0,2:0)
Maroš Grošaft (Matúš Rais),Maroš Grošaft (Jakub Gašparovič), Michael Vandas (Andrej Štastný), MArek Lisoň (Martin Uhnák), Matúš Rais (Jakub Gašparovič, Maroš Grošaft)
SOG:36:29
SVK player of the game: Maroš Grošaft

Slovakia- Finland (0:1,2:2,0:2)
Martin Bakoš (Andrej Štastný, Matúš Rais), Libor Hudáček (Andrej Štastný)
SOG: 12:45
SVK player of the game: Andrej Štastný

Line-up: Čiliak (Kristín against SUI)- Jankoviš, Slimák, Rais, Jaborník (1991), Vojsovič, Šiška, Devečka- Vandas (1991), L.Hudáček, J.Sýkora- Gašparovič,Grošaft, Bakoš- Uhnák, Mlynarobič, Lisoň- Daniška (1991), Štastný (1991), Šišovský (1991)

SVK top scorer: Matúš Rais and Jakub Gašparovič tied at 5 points
SVK top goal scorer: Matúš Rais 3G
SVKmost assists: J.Gašparovič, L.Hudáček and A.Štastný tied at 3A each

In other news Tomáš Tatar became the first player awarded the Golden puck (Zlatý puk-annual best players of the year awards in SVK) in the best U20 player category.

And more surprisingly, HC Košice´s goaltender Július Hudáček, who just turned 21 today has been named to the Slovnaft Extraliga All-stars team.

Also, as the shedule of Miro Šatan´s plans with the Stanley Cup has been anounced, the Slovak national U20 team will play an exhibition game against the top forsterlings from Topolčany on August 28th in Tpolčany as part of the celebration.

Old
08-10-2009, 10:21 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
After today´s 2:5 loss to Finland, the U20 team finishes 3rd in the Summer Hockey Challenge. Results:
I think all told, this was a decent tournament for Slovakia. Especially strong performance second half versus Switzerland and a drubbing of Germany; scored only once on 38 shots versus Dominik Furch, scored twice in the second period versus Finland on only two shots of period including Hudacek SH.

The team struggled on the PP, but perhaps not a concern for the WJC U20 with the 5 or 6 most offensively talented juniors returning to the roster. Nitra defender Matus Rais stepped up and performed well in the absence of Stajnoch. Sykora looks to be an important player the coming season for HK Orange 20.

Old
08-11-2009, 10:23 AM
vlady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
I think all told, this was a decent tournament for Slovakia. Especially strong performance second half versus Switzerland and a drubbing of Germany; scored only once on 38 shots versus Dominik Furch, scored twice in the second period versus Finland on only two shots of period including Hudacek SH.

The team struggled on the PP, but perhaps not a concern for the WJC U20 with the 5 or 6 most offensively talented juniors returning to the roster. Nitra defender Matus Rais stepped up and performed well in the absence of Stajnoch. Sykora looks to be an important player the coming season for HK Orange 20.
decent is the word, but nothing more. we have beaten teams that we should and lost to those that we should.

Old
08-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Kamzik

I had the opportunity to watch SVK-RUS U18 today; thanks for the link SlovakiaForever. Obviously they were no match for Russia, but it was nice being able to watch Marincin and Jurco play. I liked Dominik Simcak, he had some skills. On the other side Kiril Kabanov, Stanislav Galiev, and Bogdan Potekhin impressed.

Hard to judge this team losing 7-1 to Russia one day after beating Finland 7-2. Perhaps a 7-1 loss to Russia should be looked at as a marked improvement over a 14-0 loss. Didn`t understand the coach calling a 30 second timeout with 15 seconds left.

Old
08-13-2009, 03:07 AM
vlady

Quote:
I had the opportunity to watch SVK-RUS U18 today; thanks for the link SlovakiaForever. Obviously they were no match for Russia, but it was nice being able to watch Marincin and Jurco play. I liked Dominik Simcak, he had some skills. On the other side Kiril Kabanov, Stanislav Galiev, and Bogdan Potekhin impressed.

Hard to judge this team losing 7-1 to Russia one day after beating Finland 7-2. Perhaps a 7-1 loss to Russia should be looked at as a marked improvement over a 14-0 loss. Didn`t understand the coach calling a 30 second timeout with 15 seconds left.
yeah, I had no idea the games were on huste. I watched a part of the Russian game too. I turned it on just when we had to kill off a 5 minute penalty with another 2 minute penalty in the middle. So I havent seen us in the offensive zone for at least 5 minutes. 7-1 is pretty much the usual versus the powerhouses such as Russia or Canada. it shows the true status of our junior programme. how on earth did we beat Finland 7-2 is beyond me however.

Old
08-13-2009, 10:01 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlady View Post
yeah, I had no idea the games were on huste. I watched a part of the Russian game too. I turned it on just when we had to kill off a 5 minute penalty with another 2 minute penalty in the middle. So I havent seen us in the offensive zone for at least 5 minutes. 7-1 is pretty much the usual versus the powerhouses such as Russia or Canada. it shows the true status of our junior programme. how on earth did we beat Finland 7-2 is beyond me however.
Well, how we did beat Finland, I think it would be more understandable for you if you actually watched the game on huste´s archive. The first finished 3:2 for us only by few Finnish mistakes and it was quiet unfair to the Finns that we won it, but since the 2nd it seemed like the Finns forgot to come back on ice.

Meanwhile the HK Orange 20 team is back to training with a few changes. D Matúš Rais and F Tomáš Daniška returned to their team HC Nitra. So did Peter Šišovský (MHC Martin) and Adam Lapšanský (HK ŠKP Poprad). D Martin Marinčin (HC Košice) was released for U18 team duty at the Hlinka Memrial.

Also there were four players who joined the team D Lukáš Martinka (MHC Martin), F Jakub Cíger (HC Slovan Bratislava), F Miroslav Bobocký (HC Topoľčany) and F Juraj Petro (HC 05 Banská Bystrica).

The team as of now looks like this:

Goalies:
Marek Čiliak (HK Orange 20) 1990
Matej Kristín (Hkm Zvolen) 1990

Defense:
Richard Vojsovič (HK ŠKP Poprad) 1990
Peter Slimák (HC Košice) 1990
Tomáš Devečka (MHK 32 Liptovský Mikuláš) 1990
Michal Šiška (Hkm Zvolen) 1990
Henrich Jaborník (HK 36 Skalica) 1991
Lukáš Matejka (MHC Martin) 1990
Ivan Jankovič (HK 36 Skalica) 1990

Forwards:
Samuel Mlynarovič (HK ŠKP Poprad) 1990
Michael Vandas (HK ŠKP Poprad) 1991
Maroš Grošaft (HC Nitra) 1990
Martin Uhnák (HC Nitra) 1990
Ján Sýkora (HC 05 Banská Bystrica) 1990
Juraj Petro (HC 05 Banská Bystrica) 1991
Libor Hudáček (HC Slovan Bratislava) 1990
Martin Bakoš (HC Slovan Bratislava) 1990
Marek Lisoň (HC Slovan Bratislava) 1990
Jakub Cíger (HC Slovan Bratislava) 1991
Jakub Gašparovič (Dukla Trenčín) 1990
Andrej Šťastný (Dukla Trenčín) 1991
Miroslav Bobocký (HC Topolčany) 1991

Old
08-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Kamzik

I had the opportunity again to watch the SVK U18 team today, this time versus the United States. I finally got to see some of why Jurco gets so much hype, he was a real force this afternoon for SVK. His one-timer goal was amazing, shades of Peter Bondra. There were times when 2 Americans were on Jurco and they were unable to strip him of the puck. I thought his second goal was legit and SVK should have won the game 7-6. He was crouched down with his knees bent so his stick wasn't all that high. As the announcer put it, "bolo to tak na hranici", it was borderline.

I thought the entire top 5 were strong, I again liked Šimčák, and I thought both Marinčin and Jánošík had good games. Lukáš Cingel was also decent, too bad he couldn't finish that play in OT. I think Michal Čajkovský wins the Boris Valabik award for trying to ruin the game with poor undisciplined play. A lot of times he was in trouble because he can't skate very well. Juraj Šimboch had a few nice saves, especially the American on the long breakaway, but overall he was crap.

Old
08-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
Meanwhile the HK Orange 20 team is back to training with a few changes. D Matúš Rais and F Tomáš Daniška returned to their team HC Nitra.
I think the loss of Rais is major for HK Orange 20. No Stajnoch or Rais = trouble for the team in my opinion.

Old
08-13-2009, 02:46 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
I had the opportunity again to watch the SVK U18 team today, this time versus the United States. I finally got to see some of why Jurco gets so much hype, he was a real force this afternoon for SVK. His one-timer goal was amazing, shades of Peter Bondra. There were times when 2 Americans were on Jurco and they were unable to strip him of the puck. I thought his second goal was legit and SVK should have won the game 7-6. He was crouched down with his knees bent so his stick wasn't all that high. As the announcer put it, "bolo to tak na hranici", it was borderline.

I thought the entire top 5 were strong, I again liked Šimčák, and I thought both Marinčin and Jánošík had good games. Lukáš Cingel was also decent, too bad he couldn't finish that play in OT. I think Michal Čajkovský wins the Boris Valabik award for trying to ruin the game with poor undisciplined play. A lot of times he was in trouble because he can't skate very well. Juraj Šimboch had a few nice saves, especially the American on the long breakaway, but overall he was crap.
I have to agree with most of your comments, although I wouldn´t really call Šimboch crap, he wasn´t that bad, it´s just kinda hard when you have your 5 teammates looking like Janko and Marienka lost in the forest in front of your net. I´d also would like to add that player number 20 (not sure about the name, Kalináč?) reminds me a lot of Tibor Kutálek form Skalica, even though he might be even smaller and if he doesn´t calm down in some of the situations, he´s eventually gonna end up like this one day.

As for Jurčo´s goal, from the stream I couldn´t really tell for 100% whether his stick was too high, but it is just me ro don´t they have video replays at the tourney? Or was there one? I was kinda watching it mute, so I didn´t get to hear what the narrator said.

Quote:
I think the loss of Rais is major for HK Orange 20. No Stajnoch or Rais = trouble for the team in my opinion.
Hm, well, I don´t think that anybody was expecting him to stay in Púchov, since he already played for Nitra last year. As for Štajnoch, it looks like Slovan is seriously counting on him and since their defense is rather weak (plus Sersen´s injury) he´s probably gonna get a lot of ice-time, from reports he got to play with Radim Tesařík in preseason games, a veteran from whom he surely can learn a lot. IMO, Mikeš said it already last year before the play-offs that they were looking for a club for Martin, he already got his portion in Púchov and if he´s good enough to play good minutes for an Extraliga team (a top one that is) there´s no need to hold him in Púchov. Besides it probably wouldn´t help even if these two guys were there, HK Orange would have trouble even with them. IMO, it´s the same as with Valach i Zvolen last year. Besides, I don´t think we have any other D playing overseas this year that would make the WJC team, so the rest should be playing in Púchov. Also, you have to look at it from an other POV as well, this way there can be more players playing in the Extraliga instead of juniors, as the two vacant spots by Rais and Štajnoch will be filled by younger players, IMO I think that Marinčin wouldn´t most probably be considred for the team if those two were there.

Old
08-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
As for Jurčo´s goal, from the stream I couldn´t really tell for 100% whether his stick was too high, but it is just me ro don´t they have video replays at the tourney? Or was there one? I was kinda watching it mute, so I didn´t get to hear what the narrator said.
No, they had no video replay for the game, which was strange because the Huste feed had beautiful slow motion replay from many angles. I guess it was just a tournament decision.

What was especially funny was after the game when the announcer said goodnight, instead of hearing silence you could hear him arguing with someone else in a loud voice that the second Jurco goal should have counted.

Old
08-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Kiraly

Slovakian Roster (U16) for the Visegrad Tournament in Budapest:

Matus Porubsky, HK Ruzinov '99 Bratislava
Richard Sabol, PHK Presov

Michal Valjent, MHK Dubnica
Richard Buri, HK Nitra
Denis Simek, HK Trnava
Peter Sohajda, HK 36 Skalica
Jan Mendel, MHC Martin
Tomas Rusina, MHC Martin
David Patoprsty, HK Topolcany
Ondrej Petre, Dukla Trencin

Filip Stupen, HK Kosice
Tomas Palecek, MsHK Zilina
Lukas Dolinajec, MsHK Zilina
Filip Mancak, HKm Zvolen
Marko Dano, Dukla Trencin
Milos Zajicek, HC Slovan Bratislava
Peter Hrehorcak, HK SKP Poprad
David Griger, HK SKP Poprad
Andreas Strauch, HK SKP Poprad
Erik Jancek, HK 32 Liptovsky Mikulas
Matus Oravec, HK 32 Liptovsky Mikulas
Juraj Kucirko, HK Spisska Nova Ves

Old
08-18-2009, 03:00 PM
slovakiasnextone

Thanks, Kiraly.

On Sunday, the U20 team played an exhibition game against a Czech 2.liga team ŠHK Hodonín:

ŠHK Hodonín- HK Orange 20 4:7 (0:0,1:4,3:3)

SVK 20 goals: 22. Lisoň (Šiska, Mlynarovič), 23. Uhnák, 27. Šťastný (Sýkora), 40. Uhnák (Sýkora), 45. Uhnák, 50. Šťastný (Gašparovič), 58. Lisoň (Uhnák, Jankovič)
Shots: 28:35

Also the team will take part in the Tatra Cup, this coming Thirsday and Friday and the team differs a little bit from the one that trained together last week. Also the nomination shows which players are already contracted t the HK Orange 20 team, so here:

Goaltenders: Matej Kristín, Marek Čiliak (both HK Orange 20)
Defense: Richard Vojsovič, Peter Slimák, Tomáš Devečka, Michal Šiška, Henrich Jaborník, Martin Marinčin, Ivan Jankovič (all HK Orange 20)
Forwards: Samuel Mlynarovič, Maroš Grošaft, Martin Uhnák, Ján Sýkora, Libor Hudáček, Martin Bakoš, Marek Lisoň, Ivan Jankovič, Jakub Gašparovič, Andrej Šťastný (všetci HK Orange 20), Juraj Petro (HC'05 Banská Bystrica), Dominik Kadura (MHK 32 L. Mikuláš), Juraj Majdan (HC Litvínov/CZE), Jozef Kentoš (HC Ústí n. Labem/CZE).
Substitutes: Peter Šišovský, Lukáš Matejka (both Martin), Tomáš Staňo (Trenčín), Tomáš Daniška (Nitra) Tomáš Pék (Slovan)

And the best news, The U17 team opened the tournament in Fussen, Germany with a surprising 2:3 win over the USA :

USA – Slovakia 2:3 (0:1; 2:1; 0:1)

09:42 SVK Bajaník PP
22:46 USA Gacek (Hohmann)
31:10 SVK Tvrdoň
37:10 USA Schmaltz unassisted
49:29 SVK Klinga

SOG:22:26
PIM: 24:16

Old
08-18-2009, 03:18 PM
Kiraly

Quote:
And the best news, The U17 team opened the tournament in Fussen, Germany with a surprising 2:3 win over the USA :

USA – Slovakia 2:3 (0:1; 2:1; 0:1)

09:42 SVK Bajaník PP
22:46 USA Gacek (Hohmann)
31:10 SVK Tvrdoň
37:10 USA Schmaltz unassisted
49:29 SVK Klinga

SOG:22:26
PIM: 24:16
Great start!...

...sounds like the demise of Slovak hockey may be a little premature.

Are there any 1994 born players playing in this tournament for Slovakia? I know Frk is playing for the Czechs in Fussen so their team going to Budapest will not be the best team possible.

Old
08-18-2009, 03:49 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraly View Post
Great start!...

...sounds like the demise of Slovak hockey may be a little premature.

Are there any 1994 born players playing in this tournament for Slovakia? I know Frk is playing for the Czechs in Fussen so their team going to Budapest will not be the best team possible.
Thanks. hough it´s a lil bit premature to base something on one game as well

Nope, all players in Germany are 1993 borns, so I guess you could say we´ll be in full power in Budapest, though some of us wish that certain two 1995 borns would be included as well in the team (Koyš and Torok), but it seems that they have decided that except for the U20 team, they would only include the players born in the certain year. ( I mean U18-1992,U17-1993 and U16-1994) for the first tournaments in the season.

Btw, what about Hungary, will you guys be in full strength with the guys playing abroad as well? I mean Hari and co.

Old
08-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Kiraly

Quote:
...Btw, what about Hungary, will you guys be in full strength with the guys playing abroad as well? I mean Hari and co.
Preliminary roster consisting of 29 players is practicing today and tomorrow. The final roster should be ready by tomorrow evening.

No Hari, but some of the other players playing abroad are on the preliminary roster.

Old
08-19-2009, 01:15 PM
Kiraly

Regarding Frk...

...I think he was actually born in 1993, so he would not have been eligible to play in this tournament.

He is putting up some impressive numbers in Fussen - another 2 goals today against the Swiss.

Old
08-19-2009, 09:01 PM
Kamzik

I listened to an interview with Bob Boughner today who coached Canada to victory at the recent Ivan Hlinka tournament. He is also the coach of the Memorial Cup winning Windsor Spitfires. Asked about their chances of repeating, he said the team will be helped by the "big addition" up front of Richard Panik.

Also worth mentioning some good results from SVK U17 at the tournament in Füssen Germany. Slovakia seems to do well there, having won the tournament last year with victories over Denmark and the host Germans. The competition at the tournament is a little better this year, but the results are still good for SVK. They started the tournament with a 3-2 win over USA. This was followed by a 6-5 win over Germany thanks to 3 goals from Sparta Praha forward Denis Hudec. The team plays the Czech Republic on Thursday and ends the tournament with Switzerland on Saturday.

Old
08-20-2009, 02:17 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
I listened to an interview with Bob Boughner today who coached Canada to victory at the recent Ivan Hlinka tournament. He is also the coach of the Memorial Cup winning Windsor Spitfires. Asked about their chances of repeating, he said the team will be helped by the "big addition" up front of Richard Panik.

Also worth mentioning some good results from SVK U17 at the tournament in Füssen Germany. Slovakia seems to do well there, having won the tournament last year with victories over Denmark and the host Germans. The competition at the tournament is a little better this year, but the results are still good for SVK. They started the tournament with a 3-2 win over USA. This was followed by a 6-5 win over Germany thanks to 3 goals from Sparta Praha forward Denis Hudec. The team plays the Czech Republic on Thursday and ends the tournament with Switzerland on Saturday.
Kamzik, you must have mistaken this tourney with an another one played in Germany. This one always includes SVK, CZE,GER,SUI and USA. In fact it was actually played in Slovakia last year where we finished behind CZE and the USA and Martin Marinčin was named the best defencmen of the tournament.

Old
08-20-2009, 02:19 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraly View Post
Regarding Frk...

...I think he was actually born in 1993, so he would not have been eligible to play in this tournament.

He is putting up some impressive numbers in Fussen - another 2 goals today against the Swiss.
Yeah, even though he is 1993, his performance in Fussen still seems impressive. At least 6 points in two matches and we don´t even know the assists from the game against SUI.

Old
08-20-2009, 02:36 AM
Kamzik

Quote:
Kamzik, you must have mistaken this tourney with an another one played in Germany. This one always includes SVK, CZE,GER,SUI and USA. In fact it was actually played in Slovakia last year where we finished behind CZE and the USA and Martin Marinčin was named the best defencmen of the tournament.
You are right, the four nations U17 tournament played in Füssen was in February. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Old
08-20-2009, 02:11 PM
slovakiasnextone

The U17 don´t stop amazing me, as they won even in their third game at the Fussen tournament, and over the Czechs no less

Slovakia U17- Czech republic U17 5:4 OT (1:1, 1:0,2:3:1,1:0)
SVK goals: Vaško, Klinga, Hlinka, Nechala, Hinďoš (winning OT goal)

No info about the line-up except that Rybár Jr. not Nagy was in goal tonight.

Coach Tibor Daniš about the game: "Tonight´s game between the two unbeaten teams was the highlight of the tournament so far. It was very good and dynamic hockey. Our players played their best game so far. The key to the game was that besides perfect dicipline, quality defense already in the neutral zone, our attacking creativity didn´t damp, on the contray, we managed to create more opportunities than the Czech youngsters, who suited up for the game against us with a 14:3 score from two games...The goalies assistant coach Roman Mega sent goalie Rybár into the net and he showed to be a reliable part of the team. But he praise belongs to the whole team, because they all showed a great eam game tonight. In the evening we´ll be watching the USa and the Swiss, against whom our boys will play the last game on Saturday. We want to finish the well started tourney with a win."

The U20´s meanwhile lost their first game at the Tatra Cup against Poprad and will play Polish team Krakov for the third place tomorrow.

Slovakia U20- HK ŠKP Poprad 4:2 (3:1,1:1,0:0)

SVK goals: 18.Gašparovič, 26.Grošaft (J.Sýkora, Vojsovič)

Line-up: Čiliak - Slimák, Vojsovič, Šiška, Jaborník, Marinčin, Devečka, Jankovič - Grošaft, Kentoš, Lisoň, Uhnák, Petro, L.Hudáček, Mlynarovič, Majdan, A.Šťastný, Gašparovič, Kadura, M.Bakoš, J.Sýkora

Old
08-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
The U17 don´t stop amazing me, as they won even in their third game at the Fussen tournament, and over the Czechs no less

Slovakia U17- Czech republic U17 5:4 OT (1:1, 1:0,2:3:1,1:0)
SVK goals: Vaško, Klinga, Hlinka, Nechala, Hinďoš (winning OT goal)

No info about the line-up except that Rybár Jr. not Nagy was in goal tonight.
It is interesting to see Roman Mega as the goaltending coach. In 1996 I was in Ottawa when he put on an amazing goaltending display in Canada's 3-2 World Cup victory over Slovakia. I will never forget that game. The only time I got to see Peter Bondra play in person, and he had a goal.

I don't see the names Patrik Koyš or Jaroslav Török on either the U16 or U17 teams. I realize they are super young. Wondering what they are up to.

Old
08-20-2009, 05:33 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
It is interesting to see Roman Mega as the goaltending coach. In 1996 I was in Ottawa when he put on an amazing goaltending display in Canada's 3-2 World Cup victory over Slovakia. I will never forget that game. The only time I got to see Peter Bondra play in person, and he had a goal.

I don't see the names Patrik Koyš or Jaroslav Török on either the U16 or U17 teams. I realize they are super young. Wondering what they are up to.
I was surprised to see Mega there too, though for different reasons, as I am quite sure that he was the U18 team goalie coach last year.

Jaroslav is a lot of things, but definitely not young. It is Tomáš Török you´re interested in, his son, who btw has a younger brother as well who is supposed to be quite talented either. I´ve mentioned it somewhere else already, but daddy Torok was looking for a new job as he was unwanted in Martin and he wanted to take his sons too and it was supposed to be abroad. However Torok senior is currently on a try-out in Zilina, but Tomas has played for Martin´s U18 team two pre-season games (3G+1A) against Vitkovice U18 and Trinec U18 according to Martin´s webpage, so I guess he´ll probably be staying there.

As for Koyš he will play for Dubnica´s U18 team that was recently promoted back to Extraliga again. Webhokej had an interview with the coach of Dubnica´s U18 coach Robert Kalaber a while ago and they talked about Koyš too:

The number of stars that came from Dubnica is big. Are there some Demitra´s, Pavlikovsky´s, Kobezda´s, Kopecky´s, Baranka´s growing up there?
"Of course, yes. My colleagues in the lowe categories are making a similar quality job today as well. Our U15´s became the Slovak champions, when they didn´t lose a point in the final tournament and our players were between the tops corers as well."

The scoring leader was Patrik Koyš (1995,36GP,56G+66A=122PTS), the youngest between the top 50 players.
"Patrik is an intelligent, and really very talented young player with great skating abilities, his play is a play with an idea. From my POV he´s an another Tatar."

What is awaiting him, so that this words would come true?

"The most important thing is for him to realize that it won´t work without hard work. He has to realize that there is huge potencial, huge talent in him and if he´ll be healthy, I´m convinced that he´ll be Mr. hockey player one day.

The most important thing is to give a chance to such boys.
"I brought him to the U18 twam from the 7th grade (U13), this change was unique in this age category. The jump to the U18 league is the hardest jump in the life of a hockey player. Often there are still frail boys who get into a category with guys a lot older and more physically disposed players."

And what place did you give him in the team?
" It makes no sense to bring such a player into the U18 league and to give him 3rd-4th line duties. He played on the first line, because I´m convinced that a good-class player even though younger has to play with the best that can help him the most."

As for national teams, as I already told Kiraly it seems that the federation chose not to involve younger players in the team for the first tournaments of the season (sans the U20 team, of course), so maybe they will get some time with the U16 team later during the season.

However there also is an Slovakia U15 team that is for players of their birth group, but the federation just rarely reports about it. The onlything I know is that the team takes part in the Beskyd Cup that is played in Czech republic around Christmas, so they´ll both probably play there.

Old
08-21-2009, 09:50 AM
james bond

I just noticed your thread. The problem with youth hockey no matter where you go is a number of factors. In no particular order;
Facilities: You need places to play that are available to the masses at a very low cost.
Popularity: there must be a strong desire amoung the top athletes to want to play the sport.
League: There should be top league that young players can aspire to.
Affordability: Once again, Ice time and equipment cost needs to be attainable by everyone of you run the risk of becoming a boutique sport ,which what is hockey is becoming =( .
Economy: it is always helpful to have a strong economy, moreover, in Canada the government subsidizes the sport in many ways.
Personally, I think hockey is the best sport on earth but it is just that nobody plays it. You can argue football is more popular worldwide although I think hockey is the most fun to play and watch.
All the best to the re-emergence of the sport in your country.

Old
08-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Kamzik

The Slovak U17s roll over Switzerland 6-1 and run the table at the 5 Nation U17 tournament in Fussen Germany. The Slovaks win the tournament after posting wins over USA, Germany, the Czech Republic, and the Swiss.

Switzerland took an early 1-0 lead, but Slovakia scored six unanswered goals by six different goal scorers: Fujerík, M. Hinďoš, M. Tvrdoň, Klinga, Vaško, and Romančík. An impressive ending to an impressive tournament by this collective.

Closed Thread