HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos-stl-ott

Old
08-19-2009, 12:20 AM
bigbadbruins1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBeard View Post
I highly doubt Boston would be even asking for Berglund in the first place since they have their core of centers that they want(from what I can tell). It would be either for a more affordable winger with time left on their ELC plus some or someone like Pietrangelo plus some. Now as a Blues fan I'd prefer just to stay where we are for right now and see what develops but if I had the choice it would be Kessel and his lower cap hit which gives more flexibility down the road with a salary cap that could be coming down in the upcoming year(s).
they do, but a lot of the problem rests on how hamill, colbourne, and marchand work out for them. Chances are savard will walk via free agency next year so the bruins might need to replace him. Berglund would be a good fit to fill a 2nd/3rd line center role provided none of the three bruins projected centers step up by the end of next year.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 12:50 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by senators39 View Post
What guarantee could you have that any player in the league would not demand a trade ever?
Well, firstly...if they don't have a NMC I'm less concerned.
Secondly, list for me the guys that have already done this twice...and I'll add them to my list with Heatley of guys I'm concerned about.

Sure, any player could go out and beat up a cabbie tomorrow, but there are plenty of guys that don't raise concerns about that. Heatley has a history with trade demands. Its not even exactly clear why he wants out of Ottawa so badly. Makes me nervous if I'm bringing him to St Louis (which I already doubt was on his alleged list of 10.)

2 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 09:50 AM
jmwc95

How many times are Blues going to have to turn down Heatley proposals on this board?

Berglund is our #1 center of the future. He'll be putting up 70+ points by 10-11, and for a heck of a lot less than Heatley. Sure, Heatley is a proven scorer, but the Blues have an internal budget below the cap ceiling, and they have a lot of young players that will be commanding raises in the next 3 years. Plus, Heatley is not a team guy and would not fit in well with Andy Murray. Value wise it's not a bad deal, but it just doesn't make any sense for the Blues. They want to go forward with their young guys and let them develop into stars.

Again, the Blues don't want Heatley.

jmwc95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 10:48 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Heatley's greatest value will come towards the trade deadline when he can be moved to a team looking for that extra push to win a cup.

his trade value doesn't maximize in July-August and crumbles when he asks to be traded.

Blues don't need Heatley right now and certainly not at that price, ask again in January.

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 10:49 AM
johnathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmwc95 View Post
How many times are Blues going to have to turn down Heatley proposals on this board?

Berglund is our #1 center of the future. He'll be putting up 70+ points by 10-11, and for a heck of a lot less than Heatley. Sure, Heatley is a proven scorer, but the Blues have an internal budget below the cap ceiling, and they have a lot of young players that will be commanding raises in the next 3 years. Plus, Heatley is not a team guy and would not fit in well with Andy Murray. Value wise it's not a bad deal, but it just doesn't make any sense for the Blues. They want to go forward with their young guys and let them develop into stars.

Again, the Blues don't want Heatley.
Heatley's contract was mostly front loaded and therefore would only have to pay 4 million this year or an average of 6.2 million (i think) over a period of time. Not that the Blue's need him but something to be noted when talking about an internal budget.

johnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathan View Post
Heatley's contract was mostly front loaded and therefore would only have to pay 4 million this year or an average of 6.2 million (i think) over a period of time. Not that the Blue's need him but something to be noted when talking about an internal budget.

Which is fine, but there is still the cap hit. I wouldn't do anything that would keep us from signing our core young guys. This season and next season, teams are having to make choices about who to keep (Chicago will be in cap hell this year and Boston can't sign Kessel). Chicago especially is due to poor decisions when it comes to cap management (Campbell's contract is a killer).

I have already said this once and I will say it again. I would much rather have 2 very good scoring lines then 1 great scoring line and a poor 2nd line. And I want to say again that we could even consider this until PK comes off the books next season.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote