HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

2 Boston Proposals

Old
08-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Dr Quincy

vCash: 500
2 Boston Proposals

These 2 deals get Boston mighty close to being able to resign Kessel, but are they a) fair and b) of interest to the other teams.

1) Boston trades Chuck Kobasew
Tampa trades Matt Smaby

2) Boston trades Andrew Ferrence
Vancouver trades a 4th rd pick

By looking at the rosters it seems to me that TB needs more wingers and could definitely deal a dman. Meanwhile Van could use a decent vet dman who doesn't make too much (1.4M).

Thoughts?

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 05:02 PM
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
The canucks defense needs to get faster

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 05:05 PM
vecens24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bieksa 3 View Post
The canucks defense needs to get faster
I think the Canucks would probably do this though just becasue he's a much better guy to have back there than Rome as the 6th DMan. Can be had for cheap and he's a somewhat cheap option. Makes sense for them. Unless the first trade goes through though I really don't see this making sense for the Bruins though.

vecens24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 05:10 PM
Intoewsables
MEAT AND TATERS

vCash: 50
Andrew Ference wouldn't be my first choice, but for a 4th rounder, I'd say yes.

Intoewsables is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 05:21 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

I'd take the Ference deal, if Gillis doesn't have anything else on the table that requires the rest of our cap space.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 05:29 PM
JohnHodgson

Quote:
Originally Posted by roddy View Post
I'd take the Ference deal, if Gillis doesn't have anything else on the table that requires the rest of our cap space.
This.

JohnHodgson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 05:35 PM
Hanson95

I like the Ference deal. Getting rid of about 1.5 million for a 4th round pick. Hey, it could turn out to be a better player than Ference

Hanson95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 06:08 PM
RealKrug47*

done deal for both

RealKrug47* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 07:35 PM
WreckItRask

I hate the Kobasew deal largely because I think there are about 50 Matt Smaby's out there. I know TB fans are high on him, but I watched every one of his games last year, and I'd be shocked if he ends up as anything more than a 5/6 guy in the NHL.

I still maintain that there's a market for a guy like Kobasew (back to back 20 goal seasons, good contract, right handed shot, gritty) out there more than a bottom pairing defenseman or a mid round pick.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely06 View Post
I hate the Kobasew deal largely because I think there are about 50 Matt Smaby's out there. I know TB fans are high on him, but I watched every one of his games last year, and I'd be shocked if he ends up as anything more than a 5/6 guy in the NHL.

I still maintain that there's a market for a guy like Kobasew (back to back 20 goal seasons, good contract, right handed shot, gritty) out there more than a bottom pairing defenseman or a mid round pick.
If the Sharks could clear the cap space, Kobasew would be perfect for their 3rd line with McGinn and Mitchell. But I doubt they would pay a high price for him. They just don't have the assets. Not to mention they need to clear the cap space.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 10:37 PM
bigbadbruins1

I like both deals from bostons POV, I'm just not sure about smaby. as said before, there are plenty of other players similar, but if he has a high ceiling like many TB fans say he does then I'd do it.

bigbadbruins1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 08:50 AM
WreckItRask

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins1 View Post
I like both deals from bostons POV, I'm just not sure about smaby. as said before, there are plenty of other players similar, but if he has a high ceiling like many TB fans say he does then I'd do it.
He doesn't. He's a servicable 5/6 guy, will play hurt, and hits everything in sight. But his lateral movement is scary, he's an awful puck mover, and at times he runs around in his own end. I think he's the perfect 6th defenseman because of his contract and physicality, but after watching him play this year every game, I just can't envision him being the shut down type player that TB fans think he's going to become.

WreckItRask is offline   Reply With Quote