A. Smith 0 0%
R. Smith 0 0%
Monast 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-19-2009, 09:36 PM
piqued

vCash: 3722

Well that's the top 10. And a pretty impressive list if I do say so myself. There's far more talent packed in there than you would've seen in years past. My boy, Colton Sceviour, coming off an 80 point season, bookends our first decachord.
I'm wavering between Korostin and Tassone on this next one. Let's hear the arguments for and against.

Dallas Stars Summer 2009 HF-Voted Top ? (we'll see how far we get) Prospects

1. Ivan Vishnevskiy
2. Jamie Benn
3. Scott Glennie
4. Philip Larsen
5. Tom Wandell
6. Ondrej Roman
7. Richard Bachman
8. Alex Chiasson
9. Ray Sawada
10. Colton Sceviour

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 10:02 PM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

vCash: 500
Korostin

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 10:44 PM
BigG44

Tassone.

Korostin is a long term project who hasn't been overly impressive in his first 2 years in North America. I'm really looking forward to him being in the AHL, but this guy has a lot to prove, and he'll only be a Top 6 forward or bust.

Tassone, like Sawada, can play a Bottom 6 role, but he could develop into more. Tassone has the best chance to contribute to the Stars in the future.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 04:27 AM
Bob Munden

Tassone

Bob Munden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 09:42 AM
piqued

Anyone else concerned that Tassone's shoulder injury could turn into a chronic problem or impact the physical aspect of his game?

Old
08-20-2009, 10:01 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
Anyone else concerned that Tassone's shoulder injury could turn into a chronic problem or impact the physical aspect of his game?
Yes.

IIRC, both shoulders required operations last year.

EDIT: From Prospect Thread:

Quote:
Quote:
Here's hoping Taz [Matt Tassone] can regain the form he found last season before season ending shoulder surgery. In fact, the over-age forward had both shoulders surgically repaired in the last few months. Named the regular season MVP for his break-out offensive season, Tassone isn't expected to be ready for the start of the year. In fact, it could be a couple months into the season before he's able to play in a WHL game.

When he's healthy, he will be a top offensive threat. I'm hoping the rest of Matt's recovery goes well and he can put the injury problems behind him for his final season in the WHL.

Like last season, I'm thinking the Broncos could be in a position to carry four over-age players similar to last year's Jesse Dudas situation. Once Dudas was cleared to play - which was around Christmas, the Broncos had two weeks to make a move to get down to the allotted three spots. This another wait and see scenario.
http://jonkeen.blogspot.com/2009/07/...ted-about.html

Old
08-20-2009, 10:36 AM
piqued

I guess the Lundqvist stuff is fresh in my mind and how that can derail a career. Not to mention Boucher.

Still, Korostin didn't score nearly enough in the OHL last year for my liking.

GLU went with Winkler which causes me to second guess making this a dichotomy. It's just that he's at that stage where there's very little hard evidence of how he's turning out...

Old
08-20-2009, 11:30 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
I guess the Lundqvist stuff is fresh in my mind and how that can derail a career. Not to mention Boucher.

Still, Korostin didn't score nearly enough in the OHL last year for my liking.

GLU went with Winkler which causes me to second guess making this a dichotomy. It's just that he's at that stage where there's very little hard evidence of how he's turning out...
I think he's a project like Korostin. He's really only played 1 year of higher competition hockey when you consider he was in the juniors in Norway and then played a year of midget hockey. He played pretty well in the USHL, but he has a long road ahead of him. I think I'd go with Sacchetti first.

I also think Vincour should be in the discussion with this group of players. Injuries (like Wandell and Larsen) caused him to fall in the draft.

Tassone, Korostin, Sacchetti, Winkler, Vincour, and Beskorowany all have pretty similar potential.

Old
08-20-2009, 12:15 PM
aisforaaron83

Vincour. Probably biased, but I like him.

aisforaaron83 is offline   Reply With Quote