HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Admirals at Utah Grizzlies (Phoenix) [8:05 pm central]

Closed Thread

Old
11-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
Big Mac is under contract through this year, so if the lockout lasts all year, you could very well see Yabo in a Preds uni next year.
I agree, and I believe Big Jim was eyeing this as his last year anyways. He may sign on for another year due to the season likely being a wash, but even then, Yablonski could take the job. If Trotz is the coach, though, Mckenzie will be on the roster.

11-02-2004, 07:39 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I agree, and I believe Big Jim was eyeing this as his last year anyways. He may sign on for another year due to the season likely being a wash, but even then, Yablonski could take the job. If Trotz is the coach, though, Mckenzie will be on the roster.

What is it with Trotz's lovefest with Mac, that is the 2nd time I have heard a statement like that?
Is it his "veteran leadership" or what?
Maybe he was a great enforcer in his heyday, but I have not been that impressed with him in the scraps that I have seen.

Old
11-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
What is it with Trotz's lovefest with Mac, that is the 2nd time I have heard a statement like that?
Is it his "veteran leadership" or what?
Maybe he was a great enforcer in his heyday, but I have not been that impressed with him in the scraps that I have seen.
I don't know...you watched the games just as much as I did if you had center ice last year. His job could be done by others just as efficiently....I'm leaning to the man's character and leadership, as well as Trotz's seeming liking of the man as to the reason he will be on the roster if he is coach. This is of course Mckenzie doesn't suffer a huge setback in his ability to perform on the ice.

Old
11-02-2004, 09:08 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I don't know...you watched the games just as much as I did if you had center ice last year. His job could be done by others just as efficiently....I'm leaning to the man's character and leadership, as well as Trotz's seeming liking of the man as to the reason he will be on the roster if he is coach. This is of course Mckenzie doesn't suffer a huge setback in his ability to perform on the ice.
How much cheaper would Yablo be? It could be a place where we cut corners.

Old
11-02-2004, 09:56 PM
handtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
How much cheaper would Yablo be? It could be a place where we cut corners.

Mac is only slated to make $700K, so only $200K savings at the most, I would guess. If his leadership is the key, quite a bargain, I suspect.

Old
11-02-2004, 11:05 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick
Mac is only slated to make $700K, so only $200K savings at the most, I would guess. If his leadership is the key, quite a bargain, I suspect.
Yup, the question is how much does Trotz value that leadership. I would imagine Yablo could fulfill his on-ice duties admirably. We are starting to create veterans out of this team. Players like Orszagh, Hartnell, Eaton, Timonen, and Vokoun are now battle tested Vets to go with the likes of Walker, Sullivan, and Johnson. How much is one more vet going to matter?

Old
11-03-2004, 12:17 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Yup, the question is how much does Trotz value that leadership. I would imagine Yablo could fulfill his on-ice duties admirably. We are starting to create veterans out of this team. Players like Orszagh, Hartnell, Eaton, Timonen, and Vokoun are now battle tested Vets to go with the likes of Walker, Sullivan, and Johnson. How much is one more vet going to matter?
Draft picks or waiver wire????

Old
11-03-2004, 08:48 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
I think big mac is said to have a very positive locker room presence. You could sure tell he liked to have fun as during warm ups he'd constantly be picking on Tootoo.

Old
11-03-2004, 11:27 AM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Leadership is probably a reason he will be back. But it was also reported that MacKenzie, though an enforcer, is a smart one. He won't just drop the gloves willy nilly and cause the team to be in a tough situation.

Some that I know wish we still had Brookbank, but he was young and still impulsive, willing to drop the gloves with anyone to prove he had what it took. That could cost you in a close game I think. Maybe that has something to do with it as well.

--qm29

Old
11-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermaster29
Leadership is probably a reason he will be back. But it was also reported that MacKenzie, though an enforcer, is a smart one. He won't just drop the gloves willy nilly and cause the team to be in a tough situation.

Some that I know wish we still had Brookbank, but he was young and still impulsive, willing to drop the gloves with anyone to prove he had what it took. That could cost you in a close game I think. Maybe that has something to do with it as well.

--qm29
Brookbank without a question is one of the best fighters in the league. Didn't he take out Oliwa last year for the Nucks? Anyways, I digress...we let Brookbank go because he is simply to much of a liability for us as a team. Mckenzie, although not a speed-demon, knows his role and is responsible on the ice. Wade TRIED to be responsible on the ice, but he is just too slow and just can't get to the right place at the right time. Does anyone remember the Islanders game last year? We were up 4 - 1, and in less than one minute we gave up two goals to the Isles. Wade was on the ice for both of the goals.....you knew right then that the writing was on the wall for the kid. Trotz just does not tolerate this stuff.

Old
11-05-2004, 04:22 PM
c-carp

To me if McKenzie is around he plays he is a very good fighter regardless of age and you just wait a year to replace him.

Closed Thread