HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Patrick Kane Arrested for Robbing and Assaulting Cab Driver

Old
08-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Captain Ron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshole View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4391488

i like the

So ZAD, are you this good? and how much u charge...

For the record, I'm not trying to imply I believe the lawyer is stretching the truth. Just that I Just found the quote funny.
I guess Pat has never heard of an accessory to a crime?

Captain Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshole View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4391488

i like the

So ZAD, are you this good? and how much u charge...

For the record, I'm not trying to imply I believe the lawyer is stretching the truth. Just that I Just found the quote funny.
Lawyer needs to shut the hell up. Litigating a case in the media is very stupid at this stage and saying what your client said, even in a general sense, is a violation of the attorney-client privilege.

Incidentally, did you read?

Quote:
Cambria also addressed a report in Tuesday's edition of the Buffalo News that Radecki had two drunken driving convictions and had no valid driver's license at the time of the incident.

The Buffalo News said Radecki hung up the telephone when a reporter tried to talk to him Monday. LoTempio told the News he had represented Radecki in one unspecified DWI case, but would not comment on the license issue.

"That's a matter that's going to be used to make a credibility determination concerning this guy," Cambria said on "The Waddle and Silvy Show." "Apparently, he's had other skirmishes with people in the past, and other difficulties, and all that will play out in the courtroom."

As for Kane's demeanor, Cambria said: "Pat is like, 'Why me? I didn't hit the guy. I didn't assault the guy. I wasn't involved in pay or not paying for the fare. I can't believe I'm in this.'"
Told you...(see my earlier post)

Zad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I guess Pat has never heard of an accessory to a crime?
It wouldn't be prosecuted as an accessory in CA. Over there, I do not know. Laws may be different. Patrick either struck the guy or didn't and had the intent to take the money he knew he did not have a right to take or didn't (I am summarizing in very layman terms). The rest of it is happy horse ****.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zad View Post
Lawyer needs to shut the hell up. Litigating a case in the media is very stupid at this stage and saying what your client said, even in a general sense, is a violation of the attorney-client privilege.

Incidentally, did you read?

Told you...(see my earlier post)
Oh Ya! I notice that..

I wanted to say, So ya Zad, You are that good, how much you charge!! But I thought that sounded like...... So I changed it to. so ZAD, are you this good?

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2009, 11:16 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
It wouldn't be prosecuted as an accessory in CA. Over there, I do not know. Laws may be different. Patrick either struck the guy or didn't and had the intent to take the money he knew he did not have a right to take or didn't (I am summarizing in very layman terms). The rest of it is happy horse ****.
I was mainly referring to the robbery charge. If you go in a bank and your friend robs the place and you just stand there while he commits the crime you are most definitely going to be arrested and prosecuted. Especially if you do nothing to prevent it or report it after the fact.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:22 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
I was mainly referring to the robbery charge. If you go in a bank and your friend robs the place and you just stand there while he commits the crime you are most definitely going to be arrested and prosecuted. Especially if you do nothing to prevent it or report it after the fact.
That depends on specific intent. If you go in there to make a transaction and out of nowhere your buddy breaks out a gun and holds up the place and you had no ****ing clue he was going to do it, doubtful.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
That depends on specific intent. If you go in there to make a transaction and out of nowhere your buddy breaks out a gun and holds up the place and you had no ****ing clue he was going to do it, doubtful.
Unless you jump into the get away car with him.

Old
08-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Unless you jump into the get away car with him.
That depends on whether you are late for a confirmed lay and have no other ride...it's a new amendment to the "Penal" code...yup...new amendment.

Old
08-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Roxo

Send a message via AIM to Roxo
mug shot

The sexy pick?

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 11:44 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
http://espn.go.com/chicago/story?id=4404342

Patrick Kane has officially apologized in public for the event, and this article is followed up by a statement from Brian Burke (GM of Team USA).

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
http://espn.go.com/chicago/story?id=4404342

Patrick Kane has officially apologized in public for the event, and this article is followed up by a statement from Brian Burke (GM of Team USA).
Why apologize for something if you didn't do anything?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Why apologize for something if you didn't do anything?
It is more like apologizing that something is in the news at all and for the circus to follow in court - also he is apologizing to friends and family for any damage the accusations have caused regardless of innocence or guilt. Most of the time, in the U.S. and most anywhere else, just being accused is damning enough to ruin one's life. You can win the case in court, but the public will always associate you to the charges - reminds me of John DeLorean and the charges brought against him in the early/mid 80's.

Old
08-17-2009, 09:04 PM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
It is more like apologizing that something is in the news at all and for the circus to follow in court - also he is apologizing to friends and family for any damage the accusations have caused regardless of innocence or guilt. Most of the time, in the U.S. and most anywhere else, just being accused is damning enough to ruin one's life. You can win the case in court, but the public will always associate you to the charges - reminds me of John DeLorean and the charges brought against him in the early/mid 80's.
What the hell...were you even born then? Were you following the story while mom was changing your poopy diapers?

Old
08-17-2009, 09:10 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
What the hell...were you even born then? Were you following the story while mom was changing your poopy diapers?
I am guessing that the movie Back to the Future sparked some interest in DeLorean.

Old
08-17-2009, 11:33 PM
Maynard

Send a message via AIM to Maynard
What are you lookin' at butthead?
Posted via Mobile Device

Maynard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 12:38 PM
treason47

Send a message via AIM to treason47
wow... someone who is paid as much as Kane has no reason at all to cause such a scene over 20 lousy cents. 2 dimes are you kidding me? The man drives you home (or where ever) and instead of a thank you he gets hassled over 20 cents. I am going to assume they were very inebriated and Kane missed the aggression hockey brings. seriously though, 20 cents?

treason47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 12:43 PM
not tellin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by treason47 View Post
wow... someone who is paid as much as Kane has no reason at all to cause such a scene over 20 lousy cents. 2 dimes are you kidding me? The man drives you home (or where ever) and instead of a thank you he gets hassled over 20 cents. I am going to assume they were very inebriated and Kane missed the aggression hockey brings. seriously though, 20 cents?
been on vacation?

not tellin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/sp...ey/20kane.html

Kane has been indicted by a grand jury and they are scheduled to be arraigned Thursday afternoon. The second charge, a felony charge, of robbery has been dropped and he has entered a plea of not guilty to misdemeanor charges of assault and theft. They are looking for a resolution before court (obviously).

Old
08-20-2009, 12:56 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/sp...ey/20kane.html

Kane has been indicted by a grand jury and they are scheduled to be arraigned Thursday afternoon. The second charge, a felony charge, of robbery has been dropped and he has entered a plea of not guilty to misdemeanor charges of assault and theft. They are looking for a resolution before court (obviously).
What the hell? They impanel grand juries for this crap? NY prosecutors need to get a life...unless this was the "hey, we're not on a witch hunt...see, an independent panel that only we get to persuade and talk to said he commited a crime" kind of grand jury.

Kane's lawyer should offer in a plea bargain an autographed stick and picture and a bottle of single malt Jack Daniels and call it a day.

Old
08-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Defgarden

Quote:
What the hell? They impanel grand juries for this crap? NY prosecutors need to get a life...unless this was the "hey, we're not on a witch hunt...see, an independent panel that only we get to persuade and talk to said he commited a crime" kind of grand jury.

Kane's lawyer should offer in a plea bargain an autographed stick and picture and a bottle of single malt Jack Daniels and call it a day.
Is Kane even old enough to buy a bottle of Jack? heh.

an autographed stick and a skybox suite.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 07:37 PM
Pucknut50

Here's a quote from Kane.
“I spent the last three days skating with some of the best hockey players in the world, and it reminded me how lucky I am to do this job for a living,” he said. “I’m grateful to be a part of the Chicago Blackhawks organization, and hopefully I can play for my country at the Olympics.”

That sounds like a person who did something wrong and realizing you have to be aware of who you are and the scrutiny you live under as a public figure.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote