HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL guarantees STHs

Old
08-20-2009, 04:22 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

vCash: 500
NHL guarantees STHs

Found in my inbox today:

Quote:
Dear (Zyllyx),

Thank you for your Season Ticket purchase for the 2009-10 season. In light of the ongoing court proceedings regarding the Coyotes ownership situation, we understand that some Season Ticket Holders may have concerns about their purchase for the upcoming season. To help alleviate those concerns, Bill Daly, Deputy Commissioner of the National Hockey League, has written a letter guaranteeing all monies paid toward your ticket package for the 2009-10 season.

If you have any questions about the upcoming season, please do not hesitate to contact your Customer Service Representative.

We sincerely understand how difficult the last few months of uncertainty have been and we look forward to being able to serve you again for the upcoming season. We will continue to email you with Coyotes updates including information on Season Ticket Holder Additional Tickets and the Season Ticket Holder Select-a-Seat towards the end of September.

Thank you for your continued support and we all look forward to seeing you this season.

Warm Regards,

Jackie Johnson
Director of Ticket Service
Phoenix Coyotes
Attached to the e-mail, a letter from Bill Daly:

Quote:
August 19, 2009

Dear Coyotes Stakeholder,

Over the past few months, the Phoenix Coyotes have been through a series of events that have no doubt been of concern to our loyal business partners, sponsors, suite holders, season ticket holders, and all fans. I think it is important for you to know that with the backing of the National Hockey League, it is still perfectly safe to conduct business with the Coyotes, whether that means purchasing tickets, suites, sponsorships or pursuing other opportunities with the team. The NHL guarantees that any monies paid to the Coyotes prior to or following the bankruptcy will be reimbursed in the event that the team does not play at Jobing.com Arena in the 2009-10 season. While we do not see that happening, we must acknowledge the possibility no matter how remote it might be.

Much has been said and written about the future of hockey in the Valley of the Sun. We are convinced and research shows that there are a sufficient number of fans in Phoenix interested in NHL hockey and the Coyotes to support the franchise. Since the Coyotes arrived in 1996, the amount of youth and adult hockey players in Arizona has doubled. We are confident that a new ownership group will do its best to continue the current efforts to build a hockey club that contends for the Stanley Cup on a consistent basis.

While we continue our work with the City of Glendale to find a new owner for the Coyotes franchise, it is imperative for the club’s partners, sponsors, suite holders, season ticket holders, and fans in Phoenix to do their part in making the Coyotes a long-term success in the desert. The NHL is committed to keeping the Coyotes in Phoenix for a long time, just as we are confident in the willingness and ability of the fans to support our hockey club.

Sincerely,
William L. Daly

zyllyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

I received that same email too. Of course I was told by my rep before hand that all money paid before 5th of May would be covered by the NHL if the team moved this season but anything after the filling can be refunded now.

I got a scare though when I found out my rep was stepping down as of this Friday to take a job in Los Angeles. Got me wondering if the ticketsales staff was going to be cut due to the bankruptcy. Thank God they are not affected since they have always been good to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote