HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospal signed, now what Poile?

Old
08-16-2009, 09:15 PM
lightning_legwand*

vCash: 500
Prospal signed, now what Poile?

Well the NYR signed Prospal to a one year contract today for 1.1 million. Are you serious we would not dish out a measly million bucks to get a guy like Prospal????

So now what?? we just go with another year of no playoffs???

Do we trade or invite Afinogenov, Comrie, or Sykora to camp??

I really thought we were gonna sign him, that stinks!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 10:01 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
Well the NYR signed Prospal to a one year contract today for 1.1 million. Are you serious we would not dish out a measly million bucks to get a guy like Prospal????

So now what?? we just go with another year of no playoffs???

Do we trade or invite Afinogenov, Comrie, or Sykora to camp??

I really thought we were gonna sign him, that stinks!
Maybe Prospal wanted to sign with New York instead of here. Maybe we offered more and he didn't accept.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2009, 11:18 PM
lightning_legwand*

Thats true. I guess he would most likely want to play for contender. We are far from cup contenders.

So do you think trade happens or we invite Afinogenov, Comrie, or Sykora to training camp?

Old
08-16-2009, 11:28 PM
Soundgarden

Quote:
Thats true. I guess he would most likely want to play for contender. We are far from cup contenders.

So do you think trade happens or we invite Afinogenov, Comrie, or Sykora to training camp?
I wouldn't say that, atleast say that we are playoff bound, I mean with the posibillity of a full year from Sully, Arnott, Legwand. Weber and Suter are another year older, and maybe if Wilson plays amazingly, and repeat performances from Rinne and Ward we could totally make it in.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 10:35 AM
FD

I'll take DP's approach over signing a guy like Prospal. Just because we don't see/read it, doesn't mean Poile isn't doing his job.

From this Morning's Tennessean:

Quote:
"I know who's available now, and I'm also very conscious of payrolls of teams that might be pushing or at the salary cap, and teams that might be wanting or willing to move a player,'' Poile said. "One very realistic possibility is to stay where we are today, to go through training camp and give the younger players that opportunity to see where we are.

"If we feel those players are good enough, that's great. If we don't, then I do believe there's still going to be unsigned players. I believe there will be teams that will want to rid themselves of players because they're over-signed or have too much payroll.''

FD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 10:50 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD View Post
I'll take DP's approach over signing a guy like Prospal. Just because we don't see/read it, doesn't mean Poile isn't doing his job.

It does show that Poile has a hell of a lot more patience that the fan base. YOu don't win the cup in August and all this team has to do is frankly coast at the 7 or 8 spot in the playoff hunt THEN make a move. The first step is to get a ticket to the playoffs, THEN try and make hay. ANYTHING can happen in the NHL playoffs.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 01:03 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FD View Post

This is very true. It is also very true that Poile rarely makes move to begin with. He may be doing his job, but more often than not, doing his job is doing nothing. Sometimes this is appropriate, sometimes it is not. I am not saying he should or shouldn't be patient here, but I do think that it is maddening as a fan to watch this type of approach every year .

08-17-2009, 01:06 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
Prospal wanted to play with tortorella again

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 01:10 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
It does show that Poile has a hell of a lot more patience that the fan base. YOu don't win the cup in August and all this team has to do is frankly coast at the 7 or 8 spot in the playoff hunt THEN make a move. The first step is to get a ticket to the playoffs, THEN try and make hay. ANYTHING can happen in the NHL playoffs.
but what good is it if you're in 14th when the playoffs begin?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2009, 01:39 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
I don't sob over the loss of a season. Predators fans have a short history to look back on when the shear fact of the matter is that a year means nothing compared to the lifetime of a franchise. That's why I laugh when I hear environmentalists complain about a product with a biodegradably of 500 years when the Earth is Billions of years old. People need to gain a long term perspective to things.

Old
08-17-2009, 01:41 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
This team is not that bad like I have said many times this is a 9th place team RIGHT NOW. There will be time to pick up players and make moves. As long as this team treads water the prospects will develop and get time. Time is on the Preds side for once.

Old
08-18-2009, 07:29 PM
lightning_legwand*

I do not think this is a 9th place team.

I mean sure, there is alot of variables.

Rinne could be amazing again or have a sophomore jinx like alot of our goalies have had.

Wilson could be amazing or get 20 points.

Erat may finally break through offensively and put up great numbers, or he will not.

Our team does not have a point per game guy, unless Sully does it, and I imagine Sully only plays a 65-70 game season.

I think even though we do not have a point per game on 82 games kind of player, if we can just add that """one""" player to round out a top 6 forwards, then we have a good shot due to depth and great defense.

Time will tell.

Bertuzzi signed by Detroit today.

I still think we should at least "invite" Comrie, Sykora or Maxim to training camp just to see what kind of game they are playing in exhibition and scrimmages.

Old
08-18-2009, 07:45 PM
lightning_legwand*

Just some food for thought,

We can re sign Jones for basically a million a season, but 1.1 was too much for Prospal??? Afinogenov??? Comrie???? Sykora????

Old
08-18-2009, 08:48 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

We could always write a nasty letter to Poile threatening harsh sanctions if he does not abandon his destructive and potentially harmful behavior...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 09:22 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Just some food for thought,

We can re sign Jones for basically a million a season, but 1.1 was too much for Prospal??? Afinogenov??? Comrie???? Sykora????
If it's at the cost of Jones, who is one of the few truly promising forward prospects we have that's nearly NHL ready...then yes, we made the right decision.

Besides, you're acting like the Prospal signing is in a vacuum. There were factors involved...it wasn't the first person to offer him 1.1 million, especially since he's still collecting over 3 million per from TBL.

I'd like to see us add Sykora, MAYBE Afinogenov (who has as many questions to answer as Jones or Ward, at this point), but I will say I want no part of Comrie. He's left every place he's played under bad circumstances. Once is interesting, twice is peculiar...but three or four times is a downright red flag.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 09:35 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
...I want no part of Comrie. He's left every place he's played under bad circumstances. Once is interesting, twice is peculiar...but three or four times is a downright red flag.
Not Philly. The Flyers really wanted a goalie, and the Coyotes really wanted Mike Comrie. Sean Burke for Mike Comrie just made sense.

Not Phoenix. I'm a Coyotes fan and I love Mike Comrie. We only traded him because he wanted to test the UFA waters, and because our GM at the time was a complete moron, who was fired that summer, by the way.

Not Ottawa. They re-acquired him. I don't think you do that if the club is on bad terms with the player.

We all know about the Edmonton thing. I personally don't buy most of it. That place is such a soap opera. They hate every guy that leaves. Comrie, Pronger, Smyth, and on and on...

As far as the Islanders go, I know the fans don't like him, but I haven't heard anything about the organization disliking him. In fact, I think the first time he signed there was on a one year deal, and then the next summer they just gave him the same exact deal, if I'm not mistaken. I think the fan thing comes from a lack of production. Well, that was the worst team in the league with the worst offense in the league, and Comrie was dealing with a hip injury and hip surgery all year. Maybe he looked lazy to fans because his hip was all ****ed up.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 10:22 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Bertuzzi signed with the wings. You better make another thread to beyotch, moan and cry about how poile "screwed up" again.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-18-2009, 10:44 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Bertuzzi signed with the wings. You better make another thread to beyotch, moan and cry about how poile "screwed up" again.
I'm surprised it isn't up already. Seems to be a "SIGN SOME1 PLZ OMG" thread everyday.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 12:19 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
So...will Bertuzzi maybe replace Chelios in the, um 'chant'? It's not as fun as Chelios, but it kind of works.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 08:12 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I'm surprised it isn't up already. Seems to be a "SIGN SOME1 PLZ OMG" thread everyday.

I think the tension in this fan base has been palpable for about 3 years straight. We need a playoff road win bad!

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 01:15 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Well maybe he should address this issue so we dont have anything to complain about....

We do not complain about any other aspects of the team, so just fix the top 6 forward situation and we are golden! simple!