HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Notices

OT:Travrlling through Raleigh

Old
08-21-2009, 08:31 AM
smythfan

vCash: 500
OT:Travrlling through Raleigh

Hey there,

Oilers fan here. I live in Boston and am leaving on vacation to Myrtle Beach. Hubby and I are stopping in Raleigh to drop our dog off at the PetSmart hotel. We will be staying in a hotel there tonight and I just wondered if there are any areas I should steer clear of? The Petsmart is in Raleigh on Millbrook rd. There are some hotels in the vicinity is this good or no?

Thanks in advance

smythfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 01:08 PM
Citizen Cane
Honoring AAC/11th AF

I'm a former Raleighite, so I'll let some current ones respond, but Millbrook is in north Raleigh which is the newer, recent growth side of the city. There are a few pockets, but generally, its a nice side of town with lots of shopping. Lots of traffic issues though.

Generally, the more affluent areas of Raleigh are north and west and just northwest of downtown, and the less affluent east and southeast. The areas immediately east and south of downtown seem to have higher crime, anecdotally speaking. That said, I've never had any incidents or issues in southeast Raleigh, or out New Bern Avenue to the east, especially during the day.

But again, I've been 25 miles away for 20 years.

Last edited by Citizen Cane: 08-21-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Citizen Cane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Canes4me

Not sure where the PetSmart is on Millbrook, but you can take Millbrook west and cross several major roads that are safe and have restaurants, pubs, and hotels around. Wake Forest Rd is ok, Six Forks Rd is OK, Creedmoor Rd is OK and Gleenwood Ave is OK. Good luck...

Canes4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 02:29 PM
caniac247

I take my dog to PetSmart when I need to bored. He or she will be in good hands.

The PetSmart is actually at the intersection of Capital/Millbrok. I hate Capital (too much traffic and idiots), but there are plenty of restaurants on that road. Including Buffalo Wild Wings, which has been an HF game day outing for us folks

caniac247 is offline   Reply With Quote