HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Pens interested in Dominic Moore...

Old
08-21-2009, 01:53 PM
vcx*

vCash: 500
This concerns me...

In 63 games with the Leafs he had 41 points but in 18 with the Sabres he was at 4pts, which is the real Moore? Both. One fit in a system that worked well for his style of play, the other, on a team where he wasn't as good of a fit and it showed.

Which Moore does Shero get if he does sign him? I don't want him on the team, only way I would is if he took 1.4m (Dupuis' contract hit), and the team didn't re-sign Adams or brought in Rupp. But since Rupp is here, Adams is signed, Godard and Dupuis aren't gone, there is a glut of bottom 6 players. Moore is not needed.

I would rather have Zigomanis back.

vcx* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 03:54 PM
IHWR
The Chiropractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamRast View Post
This concerns me...

In 63 games with the Leafs he had 41 points but in 18 with the Sabres he was at 4pts, which is the real Moore? Both. One fit in a system that worked well for his style of play, the other, on a team where he wasn't as good of a fit and it showed.

Which Moore does Shero get if he does sign him? I don't want him on the team, only way I would is if he took 1.4m (Dupuis' contract hit), and the team didn't re-sign Adams or brought in Rupp. But since Rupp is here, Adams is signed, Godard and Dupuis aren't gone, there is a glut of bottom 6 players. Moore is not needed.

I would rather have Zigomanis back.
That's the difference between a 2nd an third line center along with not seeing any powerplay time.

Moore isn't an offensive dynamo...but he's got some skills if you give him the opportunity (like Toronto did). He's best utilized in a bottom 6 role where he can match up against other teams scoring lines and kill penalties.

I don't even want Moore back but you guys are driving me a little crazy with your blatant lack of knowledge of how much better he is than Mike Zigomanis.

IHWR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 05:43 PM
Hugh Madbrough

I liked him when he was with the Pens but I don't see where he fits now. Hopefully this is just a stupid rumor.

Hugh Madbrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 11:28 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Did they not go down this road once before?

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Brandinho

Send a message via AIM to Brandinho Send a message via Skype™ to Brandinho
Quote:
Originally Posted by odds View Post
Did they not go down this road once before?
Yeah...and all he did was play his role really damn well. Why would we want that again?

Brandinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 09:27 AM
WVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandinho View Post
Yeah...and all he did was play his role really damn well. Why would we want that again?
Yeah, Moore was really good for us. I just don't see a spot other than 4th line center - that gives us Talbot, Dupuis, Rupp, Adams, Godard and Moore on 1-way deals for the 4th line. That's two fourth lines.

WVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-22-2009, 10:20 AM
CrosbyMalkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisUlrich View Post
I liked Dominic Moore when he was here and he's gotten better, especially offensively, since he left but I don't see how he fits unless we're going to sign him for significantly less than $1.4M and then move Pascal Dupuis.

We're too deep on bottom 6 forwards already.
That was my thought. If we signed Moore and traded Dupuis I think that would be a 4th line upgrade. Adams-Moore-Rupp would be a very good 4th line for the playoffs. That said I don't see it happening.

As of now we really don't have that true 4th line center for that line with Rupp and Adams I guess sharing those duties unless someone like Jeffrey makes the team. I think Moore as our 4th line center makes us a much better team down the middle. Two 1st line centers for the top two lines, a 2nd line center for the 3rd line, and a 3rd line center for your 4th line. Moore is an above average face off man also.

CrosbyMalkin is offline   Reply With Quote