HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Derek Armstrong Possible NLA bound ?????

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-22-2009, 09:12 PM
  #1
koncepts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Long Beach , CA
Country: United States
Posts: 420
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to koncepts
Derek Armstrong Possible NLA bound ?????

posted this in another thread but think it needs to be posted here too ...


~NO LINKS~ {pure word or mouth}

i have a source who is friends with DA and says he has been contacted by the swiss the russians and the vancouver canucks .....

a team from the swiss league is offering around 1 mil a year
a team from the KHL is offering around 1.5 mil a year
and the Canucks are Offering 550k NHL *150k ahl salary (*depending on if he made the NHL club)

my source says he is not going to Play in Vancouver ...

he has ties to the National League A in Switzerland playing for both SC bern and Rapperswill-jona so it is possiable he returns to one or the other...

he could always for the big pay-check and go to the KHL but that doesn't seem to be army's style but you never know....

thats all i got for now

koncepts is offline  
Old
08-22-2009, 09:25 PM
  #2
DAkings20
Kings can't score
 
DAkings20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Valencia, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,094
vCash: 500
damn a million bucks and living in Switzerland, do it Army.

DAkings20 is offline  
Old
08-23-2009, 12:07 AM
  #3
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,659
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
They have a McDonalds Hotel in Switzerland and they serve beer.

The Tikkanen is offline  
Old
08-23-2009, 12:47 AM
  #4
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.
 
Beauty, eh?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Southern California
Country: United States
Posts: 5,367
vCash: 500
For a second I thought "NLA" meant some sort of professional ping-pong league.

Beauty, eh? is offline  
Old
08-23-2009, 12:53 AM
  #5
Zad
HFB Partner
 
Zad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: OC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
They have a McDonalds Hotel in Switzerland and they serve beer.
ROAD TRIP!

I wonder if Army appreciates what the Kings did for him. I am not sure any other team would have. The team logo should be tattooed on his butt.

Zad is offline  
Old
08-23-2009, 04:19 AM
  #6
Albi
Registered User
 
Albi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Lavena - Italy
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,635
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
damn a million bucks and living in Switzerland, do it Army.
Dude, I live 50 km from Switzerland and it's a nice country and all...but California is another thing, trust me.

Besides, Swiss people are not exactly kind as the californians.
Not at all.

Albi is offline  
Old
08-23-2009, 04:57 AM
  #7
Shootmaster_44
Registered User
 
Shootmaster_44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Lloydminster, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by koncepts View Post
posted this in another thread but think it needs to be posted here too ...


~NO LINKS~ {pure word or mouth}

i have a source who is friends with DA and says he has been contacted by the swiss the russians and the vancouver canucks .....

a team from the swiss league is offering around 1 mil a year
a team from the KHL is offering around 1.5 mil a year
and the Canucks are Offering 550k NHL *150k ahl salary (*depending on if he made the NHL club)

my source says he is not going to Play in Vancouver ...

he has ties to the National League A in Switzerland playing for both SC bern and Rapperswill-jona so it is possiable he returns to one or the other...

he could always for the big pay-check and go to the KHL but that doesn't seem to be army's style but you never know....

thats all i got for now
I hadn't heard about the Canucks or KHL rumour. But I did see a rumour having him play for Lugano in the NLA. I would think that's probably where he will end up.

If he takes the Canucks deal, I would be very surprised. With Marty Murray signing with the Manitoba Moose, the Kings need some veteran leadership in Manchester. Unless he figured he can make the Canucks, I'd think if the AHL is where he's destined, wouldn't staying in the Kings organization be the best option?

Shootmaster_44 is offline  
Old
08-23-2009, 11:27 AM
  #8
TonySCV
Moderator
Push to the 8th Tee
 
TonySCV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,689
vCash: 500
E-mail me when there's a link to a credible source to this rumor and I'll re-open the thread.

- T

TonySCV is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.