HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mojo Radio's Operation Puck Drop!

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2004, 05:52 PM
zzzzzd

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to zzzzzd Send a message via Yahoo to zzzzzd
Mojo Radio's Operation Puck Drop!

got this Email from mojo radio

pretty good idea

Quote:
Are you fed up with the NHL Lockout? Had enough of the public posturing by NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and NHLPA Executive Director Bob Goodenow? Sick of hearing terms like "cost certainty", "qualifying offers", "arbitration", "salary cap"...blah, blah, blah.
How about we get back to some REAL HOCKEY.

How about we get the NHL back on ice?

640 Toronto in association with Corus radio stations across Canada have banded together with a scheme to help save the '04-'05 NHL season.

Operation Puck Drop is an online petition, found at nohockey.ca, that will give the NHL and the Players Association a piece of your mind.

During the first week of December, two Canadians will be randomly selected from all those who signed the petition and given the honour of personally presenting the OPERATION PUCK DROP petition to Gary Bettman in New York and Bob Goodenow in Toronto on behalf of Canadians everywhere.

Imagine handing over this petition to the smug faces of those who are wiping out an entire season of NHL hockey.

The first step? Head over to nohockey.ca and sign the petition.

Let's get the NHL back on ice.

The New MOJO Radio, 640 Toronto

P.S. Let a friend know about the 640 Toronto Insider! Forward them this email and tell
them to click this link: Click Here to Enroll

Old
11-04-2004, 06:19 PM
Leaf Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzzzd
got this Email from mojo radio

pretty good idea
Is it really a good idea though? A petition is about the least original idea they could have possibly come up with. And I can't picture it making a lick of difference.

Old
11-04-2004, 06:23 PM
BuppY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
Is it really a good idea though? A petition is about the least original idea they could have possibly come up with. And I can't picture it making a lick of difference.
I agree. I was watching Sportsnet hockey central, and they were talking about the lockout and, Gord stalick said what about the fans, doesn't that concern NHL and NHPA, Kypreos and Watters responded by saying fans don't mean anything in this. It was something along the line sof this.

Old
11-04-2004, 06:50 PM
cvman_16

Yeah it's so true, obviously neither Bettman nor Goodenow are concerned about the fans. One group has formed a National Hockey League Fans Associtaion, NHLFA, another source to keep updated and who knows a collective group of fans (currently 25,000 strong) might have a loud enough voice for the parties to listen to us.

http://www.nhlfa.com/

Old
11-05-2004, 08:23 AM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
If Mojo wants to make a statement, then why don't they put up a huge picture on the side of their building showing Bettman & Goodenow in diapers hitting each other over the head with their rattles captioned..'Stop acting like babies, we want our hockey.'

In the heart of Toronto, that'll get some attention.

Old
11-05-2004, 09:14 AM
loveshack2

Wow a petition. That'll really force them to settle their differences. It's just like Mojo radio to be so edgy and innovative.

Neither the owners or the players care what the fans think. It's that simple. By making a petition all your telling them is that even though they screwed the fans once again, there's still a demand for NHL hockey. The best way to help this get settled is to pay no attention to them until they work it out. By constantly keeping the lockout in the media spotlight it plays right into their hands by keeping interest up. If people would stop paying attention to them then they might realize that they are losing fans (and thus dollars) and get this settled quicker.

Old
11-05-2004, 10:47 AM
MacDaddy TLC*

Where is the petition to see them drag this baby out for about 2-3 years? I want to see both sides suffer financially. Where can we find a list of all the owners assets so we can boycott their other ventures? BOTH sides are in the wrong and need to suffer!

Old
11-05-2004, 12:41 PM
BuppY

I JUST WANT HOCKEY

Old
11-05-2004, 02:51 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuppY
I JUST WANT HOCKEY
GOOD GOD!!! You live in Brampton according to your location! Get out to some OHL games. Or check out some CIS hockey. There is good hockey out there, where players play for the love of the game! You just need to get out there and find it. The NHL is not the be all and end all.

Old
11-05-2004, 06:09 PM
It Kills Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy Version 1.3
GOOD GOD!!! You live in Brampton according to your location! Get out to some OHL games. Or check out some CIS hockey. There is good hockey out there, where players play for the love of the game! You just need to get out there and find it. The NHL is not the be all and end all.
I can't... I can only watch games with my TV..

Old
11-05-2004, 06:30 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4600
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy Version 1.3
Well said Mac!
Too many fans are forgetting its only the NHL that is in lockout mode,everyone else is business as usual.

Old
11-05-2004, 09:57 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover
Well said Mac!
Too many fans are forgetting its only the NHL that is in lockout mode,everyone else is business as usual.

I am filled with murderous rage everytime I hear Gary Bettman or Bob Goodenow on television referring to what they are doing as for the good of the game. Hockey can survive without the NHL.

Old
11-06-2004, 10:13 AM
LeafsGirl

wow i echo ur thoughts
ppl say they miss hockey... um as far as i know..there is hockey..there isnt just nhl hockey.
i've been to many st.mikes games now nd i totally enjoyed every moment of it.. heck i even goto see the JR A games here, I think its called the OHA...
now only if ryerson has a hockey team.. i think they do.

Closed Thread