HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

right skate never feels right!?

Old
08-23-2009, 11:34 PM
DagenaisRibeiroRyder

vCash: 500
right skate never feels right!?

No matter which skates I try on my left foot feels amazing and my right foot feels just plain wrong.

also while playing I feel much more comfortable making turns pushing off my left foot only.

Anyone have or had this problem??

DagenaisRibeiroRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Canadiens1958

Two Considerations

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagenaisRibeiroRyder View Post
No matter which skates I try on my left foot feels amazing and my right foot feels just plain wrong.

also while playing I feel much more comfortable making turns pushing off my left foot only.

If your right foot / leg / hip has been injured then you may have to make certain allowances or adjustments

Go to one of the specialty stores that does skate contouring so that the skates are properly contoured for each foot.

Good luck.

Canadiens1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2009, 11:49 PM
blueberrydanish

Quote:

Are your feet shaped different from one another or is it just an issue with using your right foot while skating?

I know learning I was much more comfortable on my right foot than left with tight turns and stops. Wouldnt say it felt wrong in the sense of a fit or anything, but I defanitly was not that great using my left skate until I worked at it and got comfortable, even then my right foot is still much easier for me to use over my left.

Might just be a case of needin practice, get out there at public ice times or stick n pucks etc and work on forcing yourself to use your right foot until it feels much more natural. Also dont be afraid to look awkward out there infront of people practicing it, everyone has had to learn at some point.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-23-2009, 11:51 PM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueberrydanish View Post
Are your feet shaped different from one another or is it just an issue with using your left foot while skating?

I know learning I was much more comfortable on my right foot than left with tight turns and stops. Wouldnt say it felt wrong in the sense of a fit or anything, but I defanitly was not that great using my left skate until I worked at it and got comfortable, even then my right foot is still much easier for me to use over my left.

Might just be a case of needin practice, get out there at public ice times or stick n pucks etc and work on forcing yourself to use your right foot until it feels much more natural. Also dont be afraid to look awkward out there infront of people practicing it, everyone has had to learn at some point.

^^^^

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 12:44 AM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

Yeah, you have differently shaped feet, or at least that would be my guess. Depending on how different you may have to go custom.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 12:50 AM
Everest

Quote:

Can you be more specific?

Is it pain? In your toes? Ankle? Sole?

Or is it an coordination/balance/agility issue?

Pain issue(s) need to be addressed specic to the spot where the pain is happening.

If your just feeling awkward when the time comes to USE your right foot, here:

Your feet are really the last part of your bodily machine, when skating. Turning starts with your upper body. Get your stick & shoulders on the inside of your radius and practice this...while turning at DIFFERENT rate(s) of speed/force.

See what that does?

Everest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 02:18 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
Yeah, you have differently shaped feet, or at least that would be my guess. Depending on how different you may have to go custom.
This would be my guess. Don't they have a machine where you put your feet into it and it inflates giving the store your proper size for each foot? I thought I saw that the last time I was at Anaheim Ice.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote