HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ian Laperrière on RDS last night...

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2004, 11:32 AM

vCash: 500
Ian Laperrière on RDS last night...

Anybody watch this?

He was co-hosting the show with Renaud Lavoie and Yvan Pedneault last night, and I thought he had some interesting comments...

at one point RDS started showing players who have come out against the NHLPA's "no salary cap" stance and said that they would play...

When it got to Corey Hisrsh's comments about NHL players being scabs for taking away jobs from players in Europe, he responde just like Trevor Linden did and said that Corey Hirsch took a job away from someone else as well...

But the best one was when Renaud Lavoie read Nolan Baumgartner's comments, and Laperrière responded something to the affect of "Who's Nolan Baumgartner? he's 28yrs old and still hasn't secured a regular spot in the NHL?"

he also said "I don't remember playing against him last year, I don't know what he's complaining about because he wouldn't be playing in the NHL this year anyway, thus he'd still be making the same salary" he then rolls his eyes...

I just thought it was interesting to see how a leading member of the NHLPA looks at his fellow members who are fighting to secure a regular NHL job...

Old
11-04-2004, 11:49 AM
Alexander Ovechkin

Dagenais want to accept caps because he want to play hockey and have a secure place in NHL . The NHLPA cant undersand this !! Accept the caps and play !

Old
11-04-2004, 11:50 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

There's too much variety in the players represented by the union, from Europeans to North-Americans (no racism here, just the fact that Europeans won't likely be bothered as much to return home and play there for an indefinite amount of time), from young rookies to near retiring vets, from border line NHLers to mega stars, from underpaid role players to overpaid fat cats.

Sooner or later, an internal war will start and the union will begin to fall appart. Owners are only 30, as opposed to the 700 for the PA (the number increases the chances of disparity) and seem to unanimously realize they need to correct their own mistakes of the past to continue investing in this unhealthy market. Much less of a chance they'd be the one to start disagreeing between themselves and cave in.

Old
11-04-2004, 11:55 AM
Alexander Ovechkin

The NHL player in europe take the place of young in europe !!! I not really like it

Old
11-04-2004, 12:00 PM
Gros Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
There's too much variety in the players represented by the union, from Europeans to North-Americans (no racism here, just the fact that Europeans won't likely be bothered as much to return home and play there for an indefinite amount of time), from young rookies to near retiring vets, from border line NHLers to mega stars, from underpaid role players to overpaid fat cats.

Sooner or later, an internal war will start and the union will begin to fall appart. Owners are only 30, as opposed to the 700 for the PA (the number increases the chances of disparity) and seem to unanimously realize they need to correct their own mistakes of the past to continue investing in this unhealthy market. Much less of a chance they'd be the one to start disagreeing between themselves and cave in.
Good point

Old
11-04-2004, 01:26 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Bill
Good point

yeah well what about the sponsers.. they are pretty much like owners too. but its still a good point.

Old
11-04-2004, 03:18 PM
Guy Caballero

Bring on the scabs!

Old
11-04-2004, 03:42 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Caballero
Bring on the scabs!
Except that they won't be allowed to play in Québec and in British Columbia because of strong anti-scab laws...

Old
11-04-2004, 04:24 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

RDS= Bandes de lèche cul.

Ils y sont allé trop molo avec le ptit Ian

Old
11-04-2004, 04:46 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Originally Posted by NordiquesFan
Except that they won't be allowed to play in Québec and in British Columbia because of strong anti-scab laws...
They should make an amendement for an industry that is making over XXX $ of average salary.

Old
11-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
It is far from certain that those laws apply to NHLers. I realize this is not a credible source but someone on HF said that he heard a politician from Québec say that in this case the anti-scab laws do not apply to NHLers. There could be many reasons why they wouldn't. First because the NHLPA ain't a syndicate, second because players might be considered as enterprises. But take it with a grain of salt, I don't know much about the subject.

Old
11-04-2004, 05:06 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
They should make an amendement for an industry that is making over XXX $ of average salary.
And create a precedent for future lockouts in other fields? I don't think that's the way to go. Don't get me wrong, I love hockey and the Habs , but I don't think making exceptions for the owners would be a good thing for the workers protected by these laws.

Old
11-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Haddock

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH²
It is far from certain that those laws apply to NHLers. I realize this is not a credible source but someone on HF said that he heard a politician from Québec say that in this case the anti-scab laws do not apply to NHLers. There could be many reasons why they wouldn't. First because the NHLPA ain't a syndicate, second because players might be considered as enterprises. But take it with a grain of salt, I don't know much about the subject.
Cross-posts.
If that's the case (the laws don't apply to NHLers), I too say Bring on the Scabs!

Old
11-04-2004, 08:13 PM
tritone

The more I hear any player REP talk the more I despise the NHLPA . It's not only Goodenow that's a problem but the Pronger, Linden,Damphousse clan that has some serious lack of any sense of reality.

Old
11-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Habsaku

Quote:
The anti-scab laws only apply to provincial businesses. For example, videotron had scabs, they were federal based. So I doubt they wouldnt allow scabs in the NHL.

Old
11-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Haddock

Right. Telecommunications are under federal jurisdiction.
What about pro sports? Who and wich minister takes care of that?

Old
11-04-2004, 09:46 PM
Zednik

Laperriere is a moron.... In a league with 20 teams, he wouldn't even probably make the NHL...

Old
11-04-2004, 11:30 PM
Brisson11

Send a message via MSN to Brisson11
I liked Ian Lappy last season

Old
11-06-2004, 02:01 PM
HABSMANIA21*

homo

Wasnt he the guy who said he wanted to come here but was just syaing that to drive up his salary?

Screw the bumb.

Closed Thread