HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Grachev unlikely to return to Brampton

Old
08-24-2009, 12:43 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

vCash: 500
gilroy will play

i would be very happy with 25 points out of him to be honest. 5/20 would be solid

the thn 45 points thing is just stupid

i be stoked with 45 outa wade redden at 7 mil per

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 12:59 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

They are also really high on anisimov. One scout raved about him. I will find the exact quote and post it later.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 02:00 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
They are also really high on anisimov. One scout raved about him. I will find the exact quote and post it later.
nice, please do.

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 02:28 PM
CH2

Quote:
He's #9 on THN's Calder Candidates:

Quote:
9. Artem Anisimov, C, New York Rangers
Although little-known, expect Anisimov to have every chance at a big season on Broadway. The 21-year-old was the 54th pick of the 2006 draft and last season led New York’s American League affiliate, Hartford, in scoring with 37 goals and 81 points – good for fifth in the league. With Scott Gomez gone to Montreal, the Blueshirts need someone to fill the offensive void down the middle and Anisimov will be given every opportunity to be that player.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 03:07 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

THN top 10 rookies in the fantasy guide

6-Matt Gilroy-45 points(12 goals and 33 assists)..."has the size and maturity to step in right away"

10-Artem Anisimov-34 points(12 goals and 22 assists)..."he has the flashy skill of a European and the hard-nose of a North American. One scout said he's the best of this bunch and will explode as a rookie if his hybrid games strikes a nice balance"

1-Tavares-61 points
2-Filatov-53 points
3-Hodgson-52
4-Kane-50
5-Duchene-48

7-Wilson-44
8-Hedman-41
9-Bozak-35

Old
08-24-2009, 03:10 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I would definitely take 45 points from Gilroy.
Oh hell yea!
That would be an amazing season for him. 10g 35a

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 04:34 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
THN top 10 rookies in the fantasy guide

6-Matt Gilroy-45 points(12 goals and 33 assists)..."has the size and maturity to step in right away"

10-Artem Anisimov-34 points(12 goals and 22 assists)..."he has the flashy skill of a European and the hard-nose of a North American. One scout said he's the best of this bunch and will explode as a rookie if his hybrid games strikes a nice balance"

1-Tavares-61 points
2-Filatov-53 points
3-Hodgson-52
4-Kane-50
5-Duchene-48

7-Wilson-44
8-Hedman-41
9-Bozak-35
What did the scout mean by "best of this bunch"???

I don't see how one scout said he could explode yet they projected him for the lowest point totals of the 10, lol.

Old
08-24-2009, 04:43 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Grachev is still very young but he's physically much more mature than the competition in JRs. Whether he lands in the NHL or AHL, I'm glad to see he will be playing against bigger, faster, stronger opponents.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 05:07 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post

I don't see how one scout said he could explode yet they projected him for the lowest point totals of the 10, lol.
I'm guessing most NHL ready.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 07:26 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

I have to say, I've never seen a scouting report on him that used the adjective 'hard-nosed'... Do any of your regular Wolfpack viewers agree w/ that? I never got the impression that he played that type of game...

Old
08-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Brock

Tried to post this on the blog directly, but the signup confirmation is taking forever.

Anyway, Hey guys,

Brock from OHL Prospects here. I don't have any confirmed information about Grachev at this time, and didn't mean for the blog to read as it did. What I meant to say, was that it's widely rumored in Brampton that Grachev won't be back. Rumored was meant to be in place in the article, but as a typo was left out. Sorry to get your hopes up.

To give you a little more information, many Brampton fans seem to think Grachev is as good as gone, especially with it being a rebuilding season in Brampton. On the flipside, the Battalion do have an import spot open with defenceman Alex Eriksson signing in Sweden next year, rather than playing his OA year in the OHL. So it could go either way.

Personally, I can't see the Rangers sending Grachev back. Brampton will be rebuilding this year without Hodgson, McCollum, and more than likely Matt Duchene. What more would Grachev have to prove at the OHL level? A similar player in a similar situation, Kings prospect Andrei Loktionov HAS informed the Spitfires he won't be back to play in the OHL and will play in the AHL (if he doesn't make the NHL). The Spits dropped his rights, so that is official. Considering that Loktionov was less effective as a player than Grachev last year, (IMO), I can't see the Rangers doing something different in this situation. Grachev is pro ready, a complete player who got better and better as the season went along. He needs to take that next step, and there is a reason Battalion fans don't expect him back.

Until then, I'll try to get something official from Brampton management on the Grachev situation. Since they haven't dropped his rights yet, anything can happen though.

Sorry to steer you guys in the wrong direction though with a typo! Hope you guys keep visiting the blog and I'll continue to post scouting reports for you guys in your prospects section.

Old
08-24-2009, 08:39 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
Tried to post this on the blog directly, but the signup confirmation is taking forever.

Anyway, Hey guys,

Brock from OHL Prospects here. I don't have any confirmed information about Grachev at this time, and didn't mean for the blog to read as it did. What I meant to say, was that it's widely rumored in Brampton that Grachev won't be back. Rumored was meant to be in place in the article, but as a typo was left out. Sorry to get your hopes up.

To give you a little more information, many Brampton fans seem to think Grachev is as good as gone, especially with it being a rebuilding season in Brampton. On the flipside, the Battalion do have an import spot open with defenceman Alex Eriksson signing in Sweden next year, rather than playing his OA year in the OHL. So it could go either way.

Personally, I can't see the Rangers sending Grachev back. Brampton will be rebuilding this year without Hodgson, McCollum, and more than likely Matt Duchene. What more would Grachev have to prove at the OHL level? A similar player in a similar situation, Kings prospect Andrei Loktionov HAS informed the Spitfires he won't be back to play in the OHL and will play in the AHL (if he doesn't make the NHL). The Spits dropped his rights, so that is official. Considering that Loktionov was less effective as a player than Grachev last year, (IMO), I can't see the Rangers doing something different in this situation. Grachev is pro ready, a complete player who got better and better as the season went along. He needs to take that next step, and there is a reason Battalion fans don't expect him back.

Until then, I'll try to get something official from Brampton management on the Grachev situation. Since they haven't dropped his rights yet, anything can happen though.

Sorry to steer you guys in the wrong direction though with a typo! Hope you guys keep visiting the blog and I'll continue to post scouting reports for you guys in your prospects section.
Thanks for the clarification, Brock.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 08:55 PM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

12g, 33a for Gilroy???

I want some of what the guys at THN are smoking.

RangerBlue62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Crazyhorse30

He'll be in the AHL. No way he makes the Rangers this season.

Crazyhorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-24-2009, 10:01 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post

Read it again - ONE scout said he "COULD be the best of the bunch."

It's fairly straightforward - of the various guys they talked to, one was super high on AA and said that he personally thought that he could be the best player, IF the chips fell right. However, when they went about compiling the rankings, they went with a more consensus analysis.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2009, 06:25 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Brampton acquired winger Sean Jones from Erie for an American kid who didn't want to play in Canada. Jones wanted more playing time so Erie sent him to a team which will give him that.

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...9945/-1/SPORTS

Brampton is lining up some replacements.

Old
08-25-2009, 06:29 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

This was in Brampton Guardian a few days ago

Quote:
Will any of Cody Hodgson, Matt Duchene or Evgeny Grachev be back in a Battalion jersey?
Quote:
The Battalion will open camp on Wednesday with fitness testing, followed by on-ice sessions on Thursday and Friday at 4 p.m. and Saturday at 9 a.m. before breaking camp and heading to Kitchener for an exhibition contest with the Rangers at 2 p.m.

And while it may be some time before the Battalion knows what will transpire with Hodgson, Duchene and Grachev, there will be a new crop of rookies at camp looking to make their mark on the OHL.
http://www.bramptonguardian.com/sports/article/74901

Grachev will more than likely be reporting to the Battalion camp tomorrow and from there he will join the Rangers next week for the Prospects Tournament.

Old
08-25-2009, 06:33 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Stan Butler, Battalion director of hockey operations and head coach, said Jones brings offence and experience to a forward corps that could lose its top three scorers from last season, in centres Cody Hodgson and Matt Duchene and left winger Evgeny Grachev. Jones has played 183 OHL games, scoring 41 goals and earning 38 assists for 79 points.

“Sean is a skilled player and, with some of the uncertainties we have with 19-year-olds here, it was important for us to add a player who can produce goals,” said Butler. “He was a great minor hockey player. He’s not a big kid, but he skates pretty well and he plays pretty hard. He’ll bring us some speed and skill on the power play.”
http://www.battalionhockey.com/hm/in...?sid=4&id=5053

Old
08-26-2009, 08:14 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Grachev did not report/attend the opening day of Brampton's training camp. Hodgson did not attend either but Duchene is reporting tomorrow.

Quote:
Notable absentees included Hodgson and Grachev, left winger Alex Guptill, a sixth-round choice in the 2008 OHL Priority Selection, and two players selected this year.
Quote:
Duchene, taken third overall by the Colorado Avalanche in the National Hockey League’s Entry Draft in June, was to report Thursday.
Quote:
Hodgson was expected to join the NHL’s Vancouver Canucks after taking part Wednesday in a Mississauga photo shoot for a sports card company. He, Grachev and Duchene combined for 114 goals, 137 assists and 251 points last season.

“We have to take the approach that those three guys won’t be back,” said Butler. “If, by chance, any of them does return, then we’ll deal with it at that time. We need to focus on the kids who are here, not the guys who aren’t.”
http://www.battalionhockey.com/hm/in...?sid=4&id=5058

Old
08-27-2009, 12:26 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Hopefully, he'll start in the AHL.

I'd love to see this kid develop quickly, I think he's going to be a monster at the NHL level.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote