HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Need help getting a bag.

Old
08-25-2009, 04:04 PM
tobyandmisty

vCash: 500
Need help getting a bag.

I thought this was going to be simple until I had seen all the different types and sizes. I was going to get the biggest I had seen, then I thought about carrying it.

I have a cheap 25.00 Easton bag that is not big enough. The zipper broke on it. I am a senior player. I want to spend between 25-35.

What size do you recommend and which bag is good for that price and where to buy it at the best price.

Thanks.

tobyandmisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2009, 05:41 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyandmisty View Post
I thought this was going to be simple until I had seen all the different types and sizes. I was going to get the biggest I had seen, then I thought about carrying it.

I have a cheap 25.00 Easton bag that is not big enough. The zipper broke on it. I am a senior player. I want to spend between 25-35.

What size do you recommend and which bag is good for that price and where to buy it at the best price.

Thanks.
Just get any bag that can fit all of your stuff, a Senior size obviously, get a wheelie if you're lazy or a traditional one if you're...traditional

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2009, 06:07 PM
Semper Sens

It's not easy anymore to find a bag, eh? Last year, I tried to find a "traditional" bag - only one pocket for rolls of tape, only one zipper, nice and cheap...

I went to three different stores and I couldn't find anything. I ended up going to Walmart where I had to settle for cheap and only a few pockets. It has two zippers, like a pencil case, which is a pain in the ass. It looks all flashy too, which made me feel like a ****** the first time I used it.

If you can find a traditional one for cheap, buy it right away. Don't mess around with wheels and a billion different pockets. A big bag won't weigh you down much more than a smaller one, it's the weight of the gear in the bag that is heavy. Besides, it's a bag, save your money.

Semper Sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2009, 08:02 PM
CanadaBacon

Just get any bag that your stuff will fit into.doesnt matter what logo is on the side. Dont get wheels on it though, your not a flight stewardess (unless you are).

Last edited by CanadaBacon: 08-25-2009 at 08:58 PM.
CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2009, 08:43 PM
frito

This seems to be a decent bag. Nike Bauer Vapor XXXX Senior Hockey Bag. This one is a little cheaper but I can't tell if the straps go all the way around. CCM Vector V4.0 Hockey Equipment Bag - 40 Inch.

My experience is you want a bag that has straps that wrap all the way underneath the bag, otherwise they tend to separate and the bag becomes instant junk.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 03:22 AM
tobyandmisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
This seems to be a decent bag. Nike Bauer Vapor XXXX Senior Hockey Bag. This one is a little cheaper but I can't tell if the straps go all the way around. CCM Vector V4.0 Hockey Equipment Bag - 40 Inch.

My experience is you want a bag that has straps that wrap all the way underneath the bag, otherwise they tend to separate and the bag becomes instant junk.
That CCM was the one I was going to get. I will probably go with that one.

Thank you all.

tobyandmisty is offline   Reply With Quote