HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Which prominent leafs prospect won't make it?

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2004, 11:11 PM
BuppY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue
I consider any player who is signed on with their affiliate NHL team as a prospect.
Why else would they be in the farm system?

Guys who aren't considered prospects anymore are guys like Bohonos and Hirsch. Guys who have been let go by their NHL affiliate.
They are there too help out the younger players. They can also fill in as injury replacement. They are not Prospects I repeat they are not prospect.They are there for leadership and vetran help.

Old
11-05-2004, 11:22 PM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuppY
They are there too help out the younger players. They can also fill in as injury replacement. They are not Prospects I repeat they are not prospect.They are there for leadership and vetran help.
So Dempsey was there to ONLY provide leadership in Toronto and help the younger guys? You think he said that to himself that he is only here to help the younguns and stop trying to make it to the NHL? That's like packing it in.

I totally disagree. Those players are there because they think they can make it to the NHL.

Dempsey went on to make it to the NHL. He was just not a 'injury replacement' as you said.

And you can repeat all you want until the cows come home on who is and who isn't a prospect, I don't buy it at all.

Simply put, a prospect means a chance.

Old
11-05-2004, 11:55 PM
BuppY

Quote:
So Dempsey was there to ONLY provide leadership in Toronto and help the younger guys? You think he said that to himself that he is only here to help the younguns and stop trying to make it to the NHL? That's like packing it in.

I totally disagree. Those players are there because they think they can make it to the NHL.

Dempsey went on to make it to the NHL. He was just not a 'injury replacement' as you said.

And you can repeat all you want until the cows come home on who is and who isn't a prospect, I don't buy it at all.

Simply put, a prospect means a chance.
Dempsey was drafted by the Leafs and he played great for the baby leafs but he did leave the Leafs because they didn't think he was good enough to play for their team and as a free agent it was his right to sign with whatever team he wanted to. I never said Dempsey was with the Baby Leafs for Leadership, he was drafted by the Leafs he had no toher choice. Mark Moro was a free agent this off season and could have signed with anyone, but he decided to comeback to the Leafs. Why would he not go to a team such a columbus or Chicago? He has a better chance to make those teams then he does the Leafs squad, or maybe no one showed interest in him. They do think they can play in the NHL but odds are against them and if they can beat the odds then they deserve to play in the NHL as of now he is catagorized as minor Leaguers. I bet you everyone in the AHL will tell you they can play in the NHL, but does their organization think so?.

Old
11-06-2004, 12:44 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
I consider any player who is signed on with their affiliate NHL team as a prospect.
Why else would they be in the farm system?
So by your definition David Ling is a prominent Maple Leaf prospect?

Old
11-06-2004, 05:14 PM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox
So by your definition David Ling is a prominent Maple Leaf prospect?
The skate fits, doesn't it?

Old
11-06-2004, 11:02 PM
TrueBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuppY
Dempsey was drafted by the Leafs and he played great for the baby leafs but he did leave the Leafs because they didn't think he was good enough to play for their team and as a free agent it was his right to sign with whatever team he wanted to. I never said Dempsey was with the Baby Leafs for Leadership, he was drafted by the Leafs he had no toher choice. Mark Moro was a free agent this off season and could have signed with anyone, but he decided to comeback to the Leafs. Why would he not go to a team such a columbus or Chicago? He has a better chance to make those teams then he does the Leafs squad, or maybe no one showed interest in him. They do think they can play in the NHL but odds are against them and if they can beat the odds then they deserve to play in the NHL as of now he is catagorized as minor Leaguers. I bet you everyone in the AHL will tell you they can play in the NHL, but does their organization think so?.

They have to train as if they are going to make it to the NHL. If they don't think that, it will affect their training and that will reflect on the ice.
If they think they will make it to the NHL, they train as such. Reach for the stars.

Old
11-07-2004, 01:39 AM
Rand

This whole discussion strikes me as quite amusing given St. Johns recently had a 35yr old fisherman backing up Racine for a game.

Closed Thread