HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Do I need to buy a new helmet (cracks)(pic)

Old
08-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Stripes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post
I usually tell the zebra to go ******* himself then grab another stick off the bench, then switch up after my first shift.

Mind you i grew up playing with a few and have know the majority of the zebras for years so...
That's the beauty of the game ... I have some fun with some of the players I grew up with over the years.

Stripes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Personally, I cannot see any reason to break an arm, break a leg or break my neck for a rec hockey game. Maybe i shouldnt play?!

Until they figure out how to replace busted eye balls, and make it easier to speak with a wired jaw (I need to be able to speak for my job), I will wear a cage.

An arm, a leg... those heal and do not pose any threat to earning a living to feed my family. We all do whatever suits our individual lives and responsibilities.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
Until they figure out how to replace busted eye balls, and make it easier to speak with a wired jaw (I need to be able to speak for my job), I will wear a cage.

An arm, a leg... those heal and do not pose any threat to earning a living to feed my family. We all do whatever suits our individual lives and responsibilities.
i guess that depends on how much time you can take off work? I'd assume a broken femur, bad break at the tibia, etc could lay one up for a while.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 12:44 PM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post

I agree with you, im trying to make a point that a cage/visor isnt as mandatory as most make it out to be. Dont get paid to play etc.

Breaking a wrist, hand, arm, leg, foot is the worst thing that could happen to me job wise. Once again its hockey, that **** can happen, its the nature of the beast.

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 12:48 PM
cptjeff
[insert joke here]

vCash: 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat McManus View Post
i guess that depends on how much time you can take off work? I'd assume a broken femur, bad break at the tibia, etc could lay one up for a while.
If you have a desk job, probalby not. They make casts and braces, and in really bad cases, wheelchairs. If you have a desk job, you can still do that just fine.

cptjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 08:00 PM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Face cages I figure this:

1. Don't NOT wear one unless you've got experience and feel comfortable without one.

2. If you choose to not wear a full face cage, you don't have the right IMHO to complain if you take a stick or puck to the face, assuming it's unintentional. I had a puck deflect off my stick and bounce up and catch a guy 5 feet away in the mouth. Cut him open and knocked a tooth out. As much as I wanted to feel bad, I didn't, because it was an accident and it could have been prevented.

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 10:20 PM
CanadaBacon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
Face cages I figure this:

1. Don't NOT wear one unless you've got experience and feel comfortable without one.

2. If you choose to not wear a full face cage, you don't have the right IMHO to complain if you take a stick or puck to the face, assuming it's unintentional. I had a puck deflect off my stick and bounce up and catch a guy 5 feet away in the mouth. Cut him open and knocked a tooth out. As much as I wanted to feel bad, I didn't, because it was an accident and it could have been prevented.
Agreed

CanadaBacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Joe Cole

Quote:
Once again its hockey, that **** can happen, its the nature of the beast.
+1

I am sooooo anxious for the season to start.... Sept 13th for me.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote