HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Player OVR ratings in NHL games

Old
08-26-2009, 10:36 PM
OilElite

vCash: 500
Player OVR ratings in NHL games

What if EA changed the video game so that players had no overall rating, simply the individual skill ratings. I personally hate overall ratings because just because a player has an 88 overall the game simulates that he wants 6 millions dollars a season. Would there be a way to make the game so that the player would be judged upon individual skills and not one overall rating? And also, the player should need to put up the stats to get the contract, not like in the games right? Do you guys get what I'm trying to say or do I not make sense?

OilElite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 10:47 PM
RoadDoggFL

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RoadDoggFL Send a message via Yahoo to RoadDoggFL
I think players need to have ratings determined by their proficiency at their player roles. So Avery would be like a 93 as a pest, but offset as maybe a low 80s overall player. But yeah, production needs to be the biggest factor with potential/attributes boosting salaries for certain players who otherwise wouldn't deserve them (like Olesz's contract with the Panthers).

RoadDoggFL is offline   Reply With Quote