HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Cammalleri Ready For Montreal Challenge

Old
08-26-2009, 06:21 PM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I think you're just trying to look for a flaw here...and it's pathetic.

Why in God's name would he absolutely sign here if the team is pure crap??..How does this make any sense for a player that wants to win?..
He isn't a Montreal native so why would you even expect him to want to play here regardless of how the team looks?..
Makes 0 sense.

Why would he sign here on a crap team if he gets similar offers from better teams??..

Seriously, your criticism is beyond ridiculous on that one..
If a player wants to win, it's only normal for him to decide to play on a team that's interesting especially if he doesn't have any personal linked to a city.
Bang on.

Seriously mrgerry, you sound like Michel Bergeron.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 06:42 PM
mrgerry*

Quote:
I think you're just trying to look for a flaw here...and it's pathetic.

Why in God's name would he absolutely sign here if the team is pure crap??..How does this make any sense for a player that wants to win?..
He isn't a Montreal native so why would you even expect him to want to play here regardless of how the team looks?..
Makes 0 sense.

Why would he sign here on a crap team if he gets similar offers from better teams??..

Seriously, your criticism is beyond ridiculous on that one..
If a player wants to win, it's only normal for him to decide to play on a team that's interesting especially if he doesn't have any personal linked to a city.
The team was not "pure crap" before Gomez was traded here. Fail #1 on your end.

Him being a native of Montreal or not, has nothing to do with us "expecting" him to play here. No one expected him to play here. This was a mutual decision on both ends, however Montreal obviously offered him more money than anywhere else, and that's why he most likely accepted to sign here. Fail #2 on your end.

You trying to criticize me, is ridiculous. All I said was, it would have been nice for him to say he would play in Montreal regardless of who was here. Otherwise, it proves he is not loyal.

mrgerry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 06:44 PM
mrgerry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drive425 View Post
Yes it would've. You have to understand the reporters goal in asking that type of question. You are looking at it from a fans perspective which is not objective. He answered the best way he could. The guys in a new city, on a new team, just signed his mega million deal and is happy to be with the Habs. What more do you want? Hyper sensitive Habs fans need to take a step back.
The reporter, being Landsberg, asked him a simple question. Which he failed in replying to.

Landsberg: If Gomez is still a New York Ranger, are you a Montreal Canadien.

A simple answer is yes or no.

Old
08-26-2009, 07:07 PM
Drive425

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgerry View Post

Him being a native of Montreal or not, has nothing to do with us "expecting" him to play here. No one expected him to play here. This was a mutual decision on both ends, however Montreal obviously offered him more money than anywhere else, and that's why he most likely accepted to sign here. Fail #2 on your end.

You trying to criticize me, is ridiculous. All I said was, it would have been nice for him to say he would play in Montreal regardless of who was here. Otherwise, it proves he is not loyal.
Are you kidding me?
Do you work for 110% by any chance?

Quote:
The reporter, being Landsberg, asked him a simple question. Which he failed in replying to.

Landsberg: If Gomez is still a New York Ranger, are you a Montreal Canadien.

A simple answer is yes or no.
Riddle me this...is that a speculative question? YES IT IS! There is no simple answer when you speculate.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 08-26-2009 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Merge
Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 07:20 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:

By this logic Cammalleri has a crush on Gomez.

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 07:37 PM
mrgerry*

Quote:
Riddle me this...is that a speculative question? YES IT IS! There is no simple answer when you speculate.
It's not a speculative question. Landsberg asked the individual in speculation, which is in fact Cammalleri. It would only be speculative if Landsberg had asked the same exact question to another person, who was someone other than Cammalleri.

I.E If Landsberg asked Gainey, would Cammalleri be a Canadien, if Gomez was still a Ranger. Then there would be room for speculation. Since Cammalleri hasn't responded to the question himself.

However, Landsberg asked Cammalleri not anyone other than Cammalleri, regardless of Cammalleri's response there would be no speculation, since we would have a direct answer from Cammalleri himself.

Everything to you must be a riddle, you seem to have difficulty with basic conversation.

Old
08-26-2009, 07:40 PM
mrgerry*

Quote:
Are you kidding me?
Do you work for 110% by any chance?
What if I did? How does it affect the debate?

Old
08-26-2009, 07:41 PM
jdmef8vtec*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
By this logic Cammalleri has a crush on Gomez.
or this man as just acquired a flux capacitor to go with his delorian and we can go back in time to see the offers and see what he was thinking as he pondered the offers, oh wait does anyone have a brain reading machine we can borrow so we can read his thoughts at the time. Get a grip, once u see this guy finish more one timers from Markov you'l quickly forget your boy hood hero kovalev's constant attempts at highlight reel goals, which he succeeded to lift me off my seat many times, but there were too many other wasted opportunities and lazy giveaways, Cammaleri will just put the puck in the net, nothing flashy.

jdmef8vtec* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 08:00 PM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmef8vtec View Post
or this man as just acquired a flux capacitor to go with his delorian and we can go back in time to see the offers and see what he was thinking as he pondered the offers, oh wait does anyone have a brain reading machine we can borrow so we can read his thoughts at the time. Get a grip, once u see this guy finish more one timers from Markov you'l quickly forget your boy hood hero kovalev's constant attempts at highlight reel goals, which he succeeded to lift me off my seat many times, but there were too many other wasted opportunities and lazy giveaways, Cammaleri will just put the puck in the net, nothing flashy.
yes but he MIGHT not be loyal

One Trick Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 08:03 PM
Drive425

Quote:
It's not a speculative question. Landsberg asked the individual in speculation, which is in fact Cammalleri. It would only be speculative if Landsberg had asked the same exact question to another person, who was someone other than Cammalleri.

I.E If Landsberg asked Gainey, would Cammalleri be a Canadien, if Gomez was still a Ranger. Then there would be room for speculation. Since Cammalleri hasn't responded to the question himself.

However, Landsberg asked Cammalleri not anyone other than Cammalleri, regardless of Cammalleri's response there would be no speculation, since we would have a direct answer from Cammalleri himself.

Everything to you must be a riddle, you seem to have difficulty with basic conversation.
You must be bitter about something mrgerry. You're need to find fault in what Cammalleri said is appalling. Typical fanatic. It's you against the world man!

Drive425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

I'm starting to seriously doubt your knowledge now..

Gomez was traded to us on June 30th, that's before the deadline and any signings.
That means our only signed centers were...*drum roll please*...Lapierre and Metropolit!!..
You're a winger coming off a career year, you want to improve even more and produce more. You're telling me that knowing who your linemates/teammates are going to be isn't important??..
This isn't an amateur league.

How did I fail again??..Our team wasn't crap before the Gomez trade??..We had about 11 players signed. It was half of a team.
It's just as bad as a crappy team because you have no idea what to expect. It isn't an ideal situation, so if you have the liberty of talking to 29 other teams you should definitely do it.

To question him because he wouldn't want to play on a bad team is completely and utterly stupid.

I really don't understand your ''fail #2''..now I'm just questioning your age.
I was responding to you saying he should have said he'd want to play here regardless of how the team looks. I'm saying that's an idiotic view because all the players are competitors, they want to win.
So unless it's his hometown, I would see no reason for Cammalleri to want to sign on a team that doesn't have a promising roster.

The fact you think it's disloyal for him to say he's not sure if he'd want to play here if Gomez hadn't signed is beyond stupid.
It's only normal for top competitors to want to play on a winning team. The fact you can't understand this is quite disturbing.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

Quote:
What if I did? How does it affect the debate?
They pretty much have no idea what they're talking about. A bunch of idiots actually.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 09:56 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
So I hear that Mike Cammalleri is exited for the season?

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 10:02 PM
The Nightman

vCash: 50
How the **** are we arguing about this... He hasn't played one damn game yet

The Nightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 10:03 PM
vstimpy

Just to shoot the thread in another direction but not too much.

HABbiest How come you find that Landsberg is a complete ass hole ??

Because he tough that <<the hand hit>> was deserving a match of suspension ??

Because I tough so too. He got lucky it was playoff time.

vstimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
I'm starting to seriously doubt your knowledge now..

Gomez was traded to us on June 30th, that's before the deadline and any signings.
That means our only signed centers were...*drum roll please*...Lapierre and Metropolit!!..
You're a winger coming off a career year, you want to improve even more and produce more. You're telling me that knowing who your linemates/teammates are going to be isn't important??..
This isn't an amateur league.

How did I fail again??..Our team wasn't crap before the Gomez trade??..We had about 11 players signed. It was half of a team.
It's just as bad as a crappy team because you have no idea what to expect. It isn't an ideal situation, so if you have the liberty of talking to 29 other teams you should definitely do it.

To question him because he wouldn't want to play on a bad team is completely and utterly stupid.

I really don't understand your ''fail #2''..now I'm just questioning your age.
I was responding to you saying he should have said he'd want to play here regardless of how the team looks. I'm saying that's an idiotic view because all the players are competitors, they want to win.
So unless it's his hometown, I would see no reason for Cammalleri to want to sign on a team that doesn't have a promising roster.

The fact you think it's disloyal for him to say he's not sure if he'd want to play here if Gomez hadn't signed is beyond stupid.
It's only normal for top competitors to want to play on a winning team. The fact you can't understand this is quite disturbing.

well done! Everything I wanted to say in a single post

Dirty Danglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
How the **** are we arguing about this... He hasn't played one damn game yet
You're still new to the Habs board. Reason does not factor in when it comes to debates here.

08-26-2009, 11:53 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
You're right, so he should have answered by saying. I singed in Montreal, because they offered me 6 Million a season, for 5 years. Might as well be honest, no?
Didn't he get better offers from other teams (notably Toronto)? What does it matter how much money he wins? Also, I think it does matter with whom you're playing. It's like in any other job, would you like to work where there's a better working environment with the best coworkers who can help you perform as efficiently as possible?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I thought this was a little insulting to Montreal in general.

Take notice at around 3:08/9:20...

Landsberg: If Scott Gomez, is still a New York Ranger, are you a Montreal Canadien?

Cammalleri: I don't know.

If he truely wanted to play here, it would be regardless if Gomez was here or not.

I would rather, have seen him reply with...Scott Gomez in Montreal helped my decision, but I would have signed with Montreal regardless.
If he had signed even though he knows the only sureshot center in Montreal was Lapierre and a chance of Plekanec, he would realize that the odds of winning is low right? If he did that, wouldn't that make him a loser? Rather lose in a city that has history then win the stanley cup somewhere else? He's a professional hockey player, his ultimate goal is to make a living and to win the stanley cup. Everything else comes after. He answered correctly, he was honest. Nitpicking by Montreal fans and media forces them to give generic, fake answers. Look at a Koivu interview, he says everything you want to hear because as soon as he deviates, you start to dissect his words. Its a business, and it ends there. You do whats best for you and your family and your future.

Every Canadian hockey player's goal and dream is to win the Stanley Cup. He started his career with LA who seems to be in perpetual rebuild mode. His second team was Calgary and the Flames are not a balanced team that can't win the cup with the current roster. There's no bloody offense other then from Iginla and Jokinen. He makes it to the playoffs for the first time in his career there and they choose to spend their money on J-Bo and let him go. What do you possibly think he's going to want from his next team? What do you think is the natural progression in his life and career? Seriously... You expect the players to do everything for you and the city and you're incapable of putting yourself in his shoes even for a second. He was going to get his money regardless. He was the best center available at the deadline and one of the best wingers. Don't try to demonize a good Canadian boy that's been nothing but polite and respectful to the media and the fans, before he's even played 1 single game. We can all read between the lines. Do you think you are being clever?

Last edited by Go Habs Go: 08-27-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote