HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Simon Gagne, September 2009 (post #92)

Old
08-27-2009, 09:24 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

vCash: 500
Jones isn't a worthless piece of garbage. Get a grip of yourself. For 1 million a season you would be singing his praises. When healthy, he can move the puck, and generally play's defense ok. Good for a bottom pairing defenseman. Poor for a second pairing defenseman

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2009, 09:41 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Jones isn't a worthless piece of garbage. Get a grip of yourself. For 1 million a season you would be singing his praises. When healthy, he can move the puck, and generally play's defense ok. Good for a bottom pairing defenseman. Poor for a second pairing defenseman
Yeah but for $2.75 mill a season, he is a worthless piece of crap.

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2009, 09:49 AM
DUHockey9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLHockeyKnight View Post
You can try to defend him all you want, I still think he's a worthless piece of garbage when it comes to playing ability.

But while I have it on my mind, PM this person and tell him you want to be his new best friend:

http://hfboards.com/member.php?u=32776
Haha I'd rather not.

I'm not a Jones lover. I want him gone too. I'm just very objective.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 08:03 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1010
Quote:
As for Gagne, the Flyers are saying the injury isn’t a big deal. Except that, in addition to rest, Gagne was given an injection of PRP – Platelet Rich Plasma – which most certainly is not the usual course of treatment for a simple groin pull.

Gagne has had three offseason surgeries in four years in his groin and hip area. His performance will be something that will bear watching when the Flyers’ full training camp opens Sept. 12.

“You get used to it,” Gagne said of his persistent hip and groin injuries. “It is part of the game. We play a physical game. The way we skate is not a natural thing for your legs.

“Sure I have had some problems in the past year with the hip and the groin. But still I am able to play with that kind of pain. Like I said, I am used to it. These types of injuries are not fun to have. Usually I find a way to get through it.”
http://philadelphia.comcastsportsnet...079&feedID=695

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 08:58 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post

Getting to be common now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/17/sports/17blood.html

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post

Pretty amazing stuff, thanks. Read somewhere recently as well that they were experimenting with Saliva from a tick in Brazil, and it's producing amazing results with reducing cancerous tumors in rats.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 05:54 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
Pretty amazing stuff, thanks. Read somewhere recently as well that they were experimenting with Saliva from a tick in Brazil, and it's producing amazing results with reducing cancerous tumors in rats.
I worked at the Scheie Eye Institute at the University of Pennsylvania for a while, and some of the research doctors got all this media coverage because they restored partial vision to some legally blind people in Italy using viruses as vectors to send enzymes to turn on genes (something like that, it's beyond my scientific brainpower). It really is an exciting time for cutting-edge biotech stuff.

Old
09-07-2009, 02:50 PM
PhilaFlyers

Gagne Hopes to Test Injured Groin Tuesday
http://www.csnphilly.com/pages/landi...501&feedID=704
Quote:
Gagne is recovering from a groin pull on his right side that occurred in late August. He said he plans to skate Tuesday for the first time since injuring himself during Team Canada’s Olympic Orientation camp last month in Calgary.

He’s been doing strengthening exercises for his right groin and surgically-repaired right hip, plus working out on an elliptical machine, without any running or biking.

“It’s been a week now, and they told me it be two to three weeks before I would see results from the injection [into the groin],” Gagne said at Skate Zone on Monday morning.

“Right now, it is pretty good, but I have not skated yet. Skating is the best way to find out. I might start skating by myself tomorrow.”

PhilaFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 02:56 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
When you're being paid to be a 2nd pairing defenseman, that's not good enough. We rip Jones, but in actuality, he gets a pass for last season with his troubles. The leash will be shorter this year, we saw how short it was for Eminger.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 03:09 PM

A lot of people are mis-aiming their hate. It shouldn't be aimed at Jones, but his contract.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 03:10 PM
DeadPhish5858
Rumham!

vCash: 0
Send a message via AIM to DeadPhish5858
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
A lot of people are mis-aiming their hate. It shouldn't be aimed at Jones, but his contract.
Even before his contract most of his here hated him.

DeadPhish5858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 03:19 PM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Exactly

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 03:37 PM
shamski7

Send a message via AIM to shamski7
bottom line, **** randy jones and **** his contract.

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 04:40 PM
mm6492

Quote:
We all hated him before the contract. Then when he got it, we thought it was a practical joke

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 04:46 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm6492 View Post
We all hated him before the contract. Then when he got it, we thought it was a practical joke
Not everyone hated him before the contract. Lol.

SnS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 05:17 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by xV Carter 17 Xv View Post
I didn't hate him in 2007-08. He had a good season, which he parlayed into a big fat contract for two years. It was undeserved then, AND he was playing hurt on top of it.

Old
09-08-2009, 09:47 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1010
An article from Gormley...

http://www.app.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...plate=printart
Quote:

Flyers left wing Simon Gagne has had enough groin and hip strains throughout his career to know it typically takes three to four weeks of rehab before he is skating pain free.

So why was Gagne back on the ice Tuesday skating for 25 minutes without the slightest hint of discomfort just 10 days after receiving an injection into his right groin?

Because instead of cortisone, Gagne was injected with concentrated amounts of his own blood — a procedure called platelet-rich plasma therapy — to speed the healing process. Philadelphia Eagles orthopedist Peter DeLuca performed the procedure at the Eagles' NovaCare Complex in South Philadelphia. A handful of Eagles have undergone similar procedures and Gagne was impressed enough to become the first professional hockey player in the region to have it done.

"I'm the type of person that if there is something out there that helps me get better and it's legal, I'll be up for trying it to see if it works," Gagne said following his first skate since injuring his surgically repaired right hip during the Canadian Olympic team's orientation camp Aug. 24 in Calgary.

While Flyers rookies and prospects practiced on the Phantoms' rink 50 feet away, Gagne casually shot pucks for about 15 minutes, then skated loops around the Skate Zone ice for another 10 minutes before stretching for five minutes.

"I was a little bit nervous before I went out there, but I'm happy with how it went," Gagne said. "It's a huge difference from the way things were going earlier this summer."

Gagne said he'll decide today whether he'll resume skating or wait until Thursday, when he hopes to join other veterans who are skating daily in preparation for Saturday's fitness tests and Sunday's first on-ice workouts.

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Thank GOD!

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 10:01 PM
kicksave27

How about they let Simon sit out the fitness tests.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Jules801
Just Some Broad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules801 View Post
Thank GOD!
Umm..that post was actually for the Phillies thread..LOL

BUT..in reference to Gags.. he certainly is willing to experiment with new healing options...

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 10:25 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

You know... reading this just gets me more excited for the season. Like can you believe we are days away? It has feel like its been forever. I need some damn hockey in my life.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:38 AM
Talbetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
You know... reading this just gets me more excited for the season. Like can you believe we are days away? It has feel like its been forever. I need some damn hockey in my life.
I'm with you, man! As for Gagne, I like his style! Glad everything seems to be looking good for him.

Talbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 12:44 PM
medicman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
5 day till the start of pre-season.
22 days till opening night of the regular season.
23 days till opening night for the Flyers.

But who's counting!!!

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 01:35 PM
Larry44
Where's Hovercraft?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xV Carter 17 Xv View Post
People who hate Jones just simply don't know what they are talking about. He's developed into a good, reliable all-around d-man. He skates well when healthy, he's got decent size, he moves the puck and joins the rush.

He is capable of playing in the top 4 on most NHL teams. He was 4th in TOI/G for the Flyers during the regular season, 5th in the playoffs. He had a better +/- than everyone but Timonen. And that was playing at less than 100%

I'm not sure why the hate. Petty jealousy of handsome, successful guy who worked his way from a college scholarship through the pro ranks to millionaire status seems like the most likely explanation.

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2007/0..._with_a_wa.php

Looks like he's getting ready for the year, the lazy bum:
http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.c...article/781390

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 02:01 PM
Flyerzz18

Long time reader first time poster. I'm not a cap guy but does anyone know if one of the top players get hurt(knock on wood) can the flyers count JVR's bonus with the cap savings?

Flyerzz18 is offline   Reply With Quote