HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Eklund: "Rangers may be Heatley's only option"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-27-2009, 11:24 AM
  #26
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
well, fwiw, my source has let me know that Heater to NYR is still a very real possibility...apparently things with Dubi are not going well...
But what does that even mean? I assume you are saying that they are having a hard time signing him to a multi year deal...because they can just force him to take a one year deal and be done with it.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
08-27-2009, 12:04 PM
  #27
pld459666
Registered User
 
pld459666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 15,972
vCash: 873
.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
But what does that even mean? I assume you are saying that they are having a hard time signing him to a multi year deal...because they can just force him to take a one year deal and be done with it.
This is not the KHL

He still has to agree to sign the one year deal at his QO.

He could choose to not sign.

pld459666 is offline  
Old
08-27-2009, 12:16 PM
  #28
Rome
Registered User
 
Rome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 284
vCash: 500
A Heatley deal could very well be hinged on the offer the Rangers extended to Dennis Seidenberg this week. He's supposed to get back to the team by the end of the week, and it's being speculated he's seeking a deal around $3M a year.

Rome is offline  
Old
08-27-2009, 12:17 PM
  #29
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,454
vCash: 500
I definitely don't like hearing that things aren't going well with Dubinsky. That's not good at all. There better be another center lined up for this team if they're trading him for Heatley.

CM Lundqvist is offline  
Old
08-27-2009, 12:19 PM
  #30
The Perfect Paradox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,495
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey is Blue View Post
A Heatley deal could very well be hinged on the offer the Rangers extended to Dennis Seidenberg this week. He's supposed to get back to the team by the end of the week, and it's being speculated he's seeking a deal around $3M a year.
I know Sather's made some ridiculous signings in the past, but he isn't that stupid.

The Perfect Paradox is offline  
Old
08-27-2009, 12:28 PM
  #31
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,600
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
This is not the KHL

He still has to agree to sign the one year deal at his QO.

He could choose to not sign.
OK, assuming he chooses not to sign? Then what? What are his other options?

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
08-27-2009, 12:30 PM
  #32
Rome
Registered User
 
Rome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
I know Sather's made some ridiculous signings in the past, but he isn't that stupid.
Maybe, but it doesn't change the fact they offered him a deal.

Rome is offline  
Old
08-27-2009, 12:30 PM
  #33
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
OK, assuming he chooses not to sign? Then what? What are his other options?
He sits out or goes and plays in the KHL, neither of which are good for his future career

Levitate is offline  
Old
08-27-2009, 12:32 PM
  #34
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
I definitely don't like hearing that things aren't going well with Dubinsky. That's not good at all. There better be another center lined up for this team if they're trading him for Heatley.
I'm sure the talks are frustrating for both side but how do we know they aren't going well? Let's wait until a credible source suggests this is what going on...
Posted via Mobile Device

Son of Steinbrenner is offline  
Old
08-27-2009, 12:51 PM
  #35
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,773
vCash: 500
Awards:
This thread is closed until there is actual news. Posts about Eklund's reliability and the like add nothing.

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.