Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
Ö- R – Där gräset är grönare
E – B – Är stämningen skönare
R – O – Känslan blir starkare i Örebro

Ö- R – Är allt genuinare
E – B – Blir minnena finare
R – O – Spänningen ökar i Örebro

millencolin made a new hymn for the soccer team, simply called "örebro"

you can listen to it at na.se including the whole text.

i know this board just waited for that song!
I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. The song wasn't bad at all.

I wish Skellefteå AIK had a new song. My Hometown is fine but 'Världens bästa AIK' is getting old. Heck, we should use 'Hela Guldstans favoriter' instead.

1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 03:28 PM
zecke26

vCash: 500
interesting new import player. mario altmann, 23y old austrian nationalteam player, signed with örebro. he's moreless a stay-at-homer. no clue what to think about it.

interesting quote here:

Quote:
Det känns riktigt roligt att vi kunde locka en sån här spelare till oss. Han har fått mycket goda referenser av både Lars "Osten" Bergström (förbundskapten Österrike) och av Peter Anderssons goda vän Juha Rihijärvi som spelade ihop med honom i år. Enligt dem båda är det en mycket bra back, stark och stabil i defensiven men har också bra spelsinne och bra förstapass, säger ordförande Mikael Fahlander till hemsidan.
http://www.orebrohockey.se/nyhet.php?id=788

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 07:15 AM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Örebro gets Conny Strömberg.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 01:48 PM
zecke26

örebro kicks holma: http://www.hockeysverige.se/news_sho...tml?id=8514240

a finn not succeeding in örebro, what a shocker.

Old
08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Ciccarelli

Quote:
a finn not succeeding in örebro, what a shocker.
Didn't they like Kuusisto back there? IMHO Kuusisto has the tools to tore up a league like Allsvenskan too, it's a bit of a shame he's probably buried in the 3rd line of Vaasan Sport, while he could've helped Örebro alot in their struggle to keep the team in the AS.

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2009, 02:25 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccarelli View Post
Didn't they like Kuusisto back there? IMHO Kuusisto has the tools to tore up a league like Allsvenskan too, it's a bit of a shame he's probably buried in the 3rd line of Vaasan Sport, while he could've helped Örebro alot in their struggle to keep the team in the AS.
yeah, he did extremely well. the exeption that proves the rule. i tend to think there's a finnish curse over örebro.

nerikes allehanda speculates that the replacement could be mathias johansson.

Old
08-20-2009, 04:28 AM
zecke26

it seems that holma came to örebro with 16 kg (around 35 lbs) overweight!

http://hockeysverige.se/blogg_show_f...tml?id=8517374

Old
08-28-2009, 01:47 AM
Ribban

Kuusisto was apparently too expensive for Mr. Fahlander's pallet, good, but not worth the money he was asking for if I read it right.

I honestly love the fact that they sent Holma home when they did.

Johansson is obvously not coming in, but as most of you know, they are looking at Henrik Nordfeldt as a possible replacement.

Jag undrar om Pierre Hedin får ett samtal i de kommande dagarna. Han lär väl vilja spela några år till.

I don't think Örebro will have to worry about relegation at all this season. They've lost a couple of games early on, but they've been missing nearly all key players in those games, and on top of that, they have been severly behind with their icetime because of a scheduling situation that went FUBAR.

All that being said, 4-0 against Bofors isn't awful, and from what I understand, Oskarshamn was a demonstration in how-not-to-score. With some more ice time and a little bit better timing, that game will look and end differently.

All the "experts" in various hockey columns, who are now calling Ö-o cold and predict a difficult season ahead, will be the same guys hollering about Ö-o "upsetting" teams like Leksand, Mora, maybe even Malmö, and why not Växjö when the season starts, but really, they just didn't do their homework here in pre-season.

They'll win a few nobody thought they'd be even close in, and they'll lose a couple they should have won, but they'll finish in the middle, fulfilling the goal of learning and catching their breath before leaping for the next step on the ladder.

Cheers!

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 04:43 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribban View Post
Jag undrar om Pierre Hedin får ett samtal i de kommande dagarna. Han lär väl vilja spela några år till.
i wonder why he was cut in ingolstadt. not good enough for the DEL is not really a good sign.

Quote:
They'll win a few nobody thought they'd be even close in, and they'll lose a couple they should have won, but they'll finish in the middle, fulfilling the goal of learning and catching their breath before leaping for the next step on the ladder.
yeah, i'd agree here. the team is looking good on paper, too good to fail. some players tend to be a bit lazy maybe, but we know that from division 1. they do what is necessary, but nothing more. in this case avoiding relegation is the goal and they will achieve it.

Old
09-02-2009, 01:34 AM
Ribban

Quote:
i wonder why he was cut in ingolstadt. not good enough for the DEL is not really a good sign.
Don't you think that's partially because people are watching their buck a little closer these days?

I mean, if he is good enough to take them to the promised land, then pay him whatever, right? But, if he is "only" good enough to be the difference between 4th and 7th, I'd probably let some promising youngster have the ice time for a lesser buck, and wait until times are looking a bit brighter before hiring "high ticket" foreigners, who may or may not be worth the bill.

Which leads me into something else, a bit off topic, however, for Örebro's sake thought provoking.

We seem to have a rather large amount of "quality" household names out there without contracts for the moment. The SEL teams are all set pretty much, so where do these guys go play?

Are these names around because they have been seriously over rated in the past and nobody is interested in paying for their inflated egos these days, or are they staying at home a' la Conny Strömberg becasue the continental contracts aren't worth sacrificing their time with their families anymore?

In any scenario, from the cheap seats, where I am, it seems like there is a golden opportunity for a bunch of AS teams to tie up some big names at a decent penny and generate some local buzz to put some fans in the stands for 09/10.

Is my compass way off reasoning like this?

Old
09-02-2009, 06:10 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Don't you think that's partially because people are watching their buck a little closer these days?

I mean, if he is good enough to take them to the promised land, then pay him whatever, right? But, if he is "only" good enough to be the difference between 4th and 7th, I'd probably let some promising youngster have the ice time for a lesser buck, and wait until times are looking a bit brighter before hiring "high ticket" foreigners, who may or may not be worth the bill.
oh yeah, sure. with "not good enough for the DEL" i meant "not good enough as foreigner". since the foreigner spots are limited, teams expect them to make a difference. you don't need bottom line foreigners.

Quote:
Is my compass way off reasoning like this?
nope. i think the idea is right. we will see many more bigger names in lower leagues soon. a lot of players who are still without a contract will have to take huge paycuts. and somehow playing 1st line in allsvenskan isn't that bad. is it me or is the level of the allsvenskan much higher these days than a few years ago? lots of talented prospects and good vets.

btw: how is the TV situation? i saw that two PPV channels show the allsvenskan. both of course only available in sweden.
are there any games in free TV every once in a while? something i can hope to be streamed?

and does s24 really wants 79,- per game??? i would love to see the total destruction of bofors on day 1, but that's way too expensive.

Old
09-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Ribban

Quote:
btw: how is the TV situation? i saw that two PPV channels show the allsvenskan. both of course only available in sweden.
are there any games in free TV every once in a while? something i can hope to be streamed?

and does s24 really wants 79,- per game??? i would love to see the total destruction of bofors on day 1, but that's way too expensive.
Well, our situations are a bit different being that I live in NA, so I can't pay to view because of geographic restrictions. ... I mean Hockey Allsvenskan is such a hot ticket here in North America that one couldn't allow it to be streamed... yet another testament to the arrogance level of the cerebreal elite running that show. I don't know how Basketligan makes it, surrending the potential bids for American broadcast rights, and allowing people to watch the games from wherever they are.

BUT, fortunately from me I have friends and family helping me out, so I get to see the games even if it is a week or so after the fact.

I guess you have the option to log in to the P2P sites streaming live television although I think of P2P as jumping naked into a a big AIDS pool full of great whites with a bleeding Johnson.

Old
09-03-2009, 05:04 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Well, our situations are a bit different being that I live in NA, so I can't pay to view because of geographic restrictions.
so where's the difference? i cannot get it here in germany either. they say sweden only.
i would even pay good euro money instead of weak swedish one.

Quote:
... I mean Hockey Allsvenskan is such a hot ticket here in North America that one couldn't allow it to be streamed... yet another testament to the arrogance level of the cerebreal elite running that show. I don't know how Basketligan makes it, surrending the potential bids for American broadcast rights, and allowing people to watch the games from wherever they are.
i don't see the problem with making the streams worldwide either. i don't think there are any broadcasting rights for allsvenskan outside of sweden. so they could easily stream it to whoever pays it. that's not a big deal. but then again the prizes are awful. it's only allsvenskan. so why is it not possible to offer a decent online season ticket to all games they stream? allsvenskan, while having the greatest swedish team in the league, is not exactly the NHL.

Old
09-03-2009, 11:43 AM
Ribban

Quote:
so where's the difference? i cannot get it here in germany either. they say sweden only.
i would even pay good euro money instead of weak swedish one.

i don't see the problem with making the streams worldwide either. i don't think there are any broadcasting rights for allsvenskan outside of sweden. so they could easily stream it to whoever pays it. that's not a big deal. but then again the prizes are awful. it's only allsvenskan. so why is it not possible to offer a decent online season ticket to all games they stream? allsvenskan, while having the greatest swedish team in the league, is not exactly the NHL.
Me bad... I forgot that it was Sweden only. 9 times out of 10 its Europe only. I guess I've been in NA for too long.... "If it ain't American, it's foreign!"

The lack of worldwide streaming for something like HA is absolutely crazy. I could see why they would possibly black out certain areas in the local markets. THAT would make sense. To deny and refuse revenue from the other side of the world by not opening up the servers is complete madness if not incompetent. Disappointing.

Old
09-05-2009, 11:54 AM
zecke26

örebro got in contact with the agent of jari tolsa. now that would be a nice surprise.

Old
09-05-2009, 03:29 PM
KRM

Quote:
örebro got in contact with the agent of jari tolsa. now that would be a nice surprise.
Why oh why would Tolsa choose Örebro over Borås? He could, just like half of Borås team, live in Gothenburg and take the team buss everyday to practices and games. Shouldn't be too much trouble for him, since he took the tram when he played for Frölunda.

KRM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Ciccarelli

Quote:
Tolsa would be a really good enforcement on that level though. The guy is pretty much useless on Elitserien/SM-liiga level nowadays (or has been for years...). I wonder whatever caused his career to go into a such a downfall. It's not like he is too old or anything...Tolsa seemed to produce pretty nicely early in his career, guy put up some nice points and actually was a regular in team Sweden (EHT). Feel a bit sorry for him.

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 03:36 AM
Ribban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
Why oh why would Tolsa choose Örebro over Borås? He could, just like half of Borås team, live in Gothenburg and take the team buss everyday to practices and games. Shouldn't be too much trouble for him, since he took the tram when he played for Frölunda.
Would things like possibly getting more ice time, maybe more publicity with a more independent team (I'll probably regret this but BHC lives a little bit in the backwaters of VF, imo), and that he is lilkely to want to get a new fresh start on his career be possible factors?
What about Fabbe? Did anyone pick him up yet?

Old
09-06-2009, 03:26 PM
SwedeH

Why would Tolsa like to play in örebo or borås when you can play in Div.3 for mölndal?

Confirmed transfer on eliteprospects:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/

Edit:
http://hockeysverige.se/news_show_ja...tml?id=8589936

SwedeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 03:37 PM
zecke26

i had to check which division mölndal plays when i saw that. sounds like he wants to a be a scorer at least once in his career.

Old
09-07-2009, 04:37 AM
SwedeH

Maybe örebro is a option after all...

http://hockeysverige.se/news_show_to...tml?id=8591246

SwedeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 05:43 AM
KRM

Knew there was something strange about it.

KRM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 06:09 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
Knew there was something strange about it.
you think not signing with örebro is strange? agreed!.

Old
09-10-2009, 06:37 PM
Ribban

So, the last piece to the puzzle is in place according to Falle.... but no word on whom until tomorrow.

I believe it is Tolsa after all. :-)

Old
09-10-2009, 06:44 PM
zecke26

today only a 4-4 vs södertälje. in kvalserien we will need a win at home.