HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Confirmed w/ link: Ehrhoff/Lukowich to VAN for P. White/D. Rahimi

Old
08-28-2009, 01:39 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
i honestly believe this is a move to make a move with ottawa. since ottawa is over the cap, the sens now can send heatley and 1 other player the sharks way for less salary going to ottawa.
That makes sense, as the guy the Sens want to dump is Jason Smith (2.7 million this season), but the fact that they're trading away a defenseman makes me think they would want one (Erhoff) back in the process.

Wasn't the deal Murray wanted something like Erhoff, Michalek and Couture?

WJG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper Archetype View Post
I'd prefer Kessel, but what would Boston want? And how much does Kessel want to be signed?
i heard something like long term at 5+ million.

Barrie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
What kind of precursor move woud this be? Does Wilson plan on taking on even more salary (hence trading for two prospects)?

The only player that would make sense would be Heatley, but didn't Murray want Erhoff in the first place?
Maybe its Souray?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winky View Post
I'm pretty sure I read that if we don't sign/re-sign White, we get Vancouver's 2nd rounder (not sure on the year). So, in essence, we did get a 2nd rounder so long as DW doesn't resign White.
Sorry to say, from your end, that no, Vancouver's 1st round pick was not dealt. Nor was our 2nd round pick. In order for San Jose to get a 2nd round pick out of this they would have to make a bona fide contract offer to Patrick White, and for him to reject and the team to end up losing his rights to free agency upon the conclusion of his NCAA career.

I am absolutely stunned that a trade like this happened, to be honest. I thought Ehrhoff would cost at least something like Raymond and a 1st round pick, and that as part of a salary dump. But I guess if you guys get Heatley for Cheechoo and say, White (Ottawa was rumoured to have interest in White at the 07 draft) then it wouldn't be so bad on your end.

08-28-2009, 01:43 PM
pappaf2

So this gives the sharks $3.59 million in cap room with a couple spots to fill. Mitchell needs to be signed so there goes ~$1 million. If Joslin or Moore come up as the 6th dman do they need new nhl level contracts?
It is quite possible that this move won't lead to anything else and Doug will be content to fill up the couple remaining bottom 6 spots with whoever earns it in camp. He may be waiting to make a move near the trade deadline depending on how the team is playing.

pappaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
PotaGuitar

Way to ruin the rest of my day DW. I really can't see the Sharks not getting Heatley now. I expect him to be in teal by training camp.

I hate hate hate losing Ehrhoff. Who the hell plays on the 2nd PP unit now? Kent freaking Huskins thats who

PotaGuitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SilverSeven

Per Dreggers twitter:

Sharks trade with Canucks frees up $$, but im told talks on Heatley have gone cold

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:44 PM
Kid_Roll

Canucks fan here, I will try and help out with what I can:

On first glance I would say this trade is a total win for Vancouver. I don't say that with homer glasses, or to be a dick, but if you had told me "Hey, if you could trade Rahimi and White for a top 4 d-man who is good on the PP and a servicable veteran 7the d-man, would you do it?" I would have laughed and laughed and asked you where do I sign for such a lopsided deal. Patrick White and Rahimi are not very strong prospects for us (in the eyes of the fans, at least) and we always joked on the Canucks board about dealing White for something of use, knowing that it would never happen. Rahimi had no trade value thus we never really threw his name in mock trades. :/

Obviously my opinion on the two prospects in the deal don't mean much; Prospects can end up being anything.

That being said....Rahimi really has no hype to him. He is a defensive prospect that was thought to have some upside a few years back (He had a solid pre-season) but has since kind of turned into nothing. Being in the ECHL at this point isn't too great to be honest, but d-men take longer to develop, so who knows.

Patrick White, the kid Nonis drafted because of his laser shot, has also done nothing. Now, if you want to be positive, you can look at the fact that people who support White say he hasn't had a fair shot at things yet, and that he has been stuck in a tough system in college where he didn't get a lot of time to prove himself in his rookie year. He does want to be an NHL player, though, and he did pay his own way to attend Canuck training, so at least his heart is in the right place.

Now that being said....he has been an unexciting prospect for us. He never really stands out and hasn't done much to improve his stock at all in his time since we drafted him. As a result, it's kind of hard to get behind him when you don't see any visible improvement as the years go by.

I dunno. It's kind of hard to paint a great picture about them, but if I was a Sharks fan I would take hope in the fact that White DOES have a really nice shot, so at least he does have a base skill level, and hope that he can turn his game around once he is out of Minnesota.

Kid_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:44 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
I guess if you guys get Heatley for Cheechoo and say, White (Ottawa was rumoured to have interest in White at the 07 draft) then it wouldn't be so bad on your end.
And then we will all with the lottery, buy ourselves giant flying pigs and ride them to the stanley cup finals next year where the Shark's will crush the Red Wings in 4 games.

Totally.

hockeyball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappaf2 View Post
So this gives the sharks $3.59 million in cap room with a couple spots to fill. Mitchell needs to be signed so there goes ~$1 million. If Joslin or Moore come up as the 6th dman do they need new nhl level contracts?
It is quite possible that this move won't lead to anything else and Doug will be content to fill up the couple remaining bottom 6 spots with whoever earns it in camp. He may be waiting to make a move near the trade deadline depending on how the team is playing.
There's no way Mitchell makes around a million. I know its DW we're talking about here, but I'm guessing he'll sign for around 800K

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:45 PM
Winky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauser View Post
Sorry to say, from your end, that no, Vancouver's 1st round pick was not dealt. Nor was our 2nd round pick. In order for San Jose to get a 2nd round pick out of this they would have to make a bona fide contract offer to Patrick White, and for him to reject and the team to end up losing his rights to free agency upon the conclusion of his NCAA career.

I am absolutely stunned that a trade like this happened, to be honest. I thought Ehrhoff would cost at least something like Raymond and a 1st round pick, and that as part of a salary dump. But I guess if you guys get Heatley for Cheechoo and say, White [b](Ottawa was rumoured to have interest in White at the 07 draft)[b] then it wouldn't be so bad on your end.
Roger on the 2nd rounder.

But, I also heard the Ottawa crew that wanted White is no longer with the organization, so I doubt they would want him. Again, I'm just rehashing what I read.

Winky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:47 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Keep in mind that Patrick White was a former first round pick. If the Sharks don't sign him--I'm assuming after his senior year of college--they'd stand to receive a 2nd round compensatory (55th overall) pick.
White is a complete bust

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Vaasa

vCash: 727
And Doug Wilson has now confirmed his status as the worst Sharks GM in history, while proving his desire to utterly destroy this teams future.

What a piece of **** trade!!!

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:49 PM
AKM83
Chomp. Chomp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hold the Pickles View Post
I'd have just rather not re-signed Blake.
Agreed.

AKM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rickety Cricket

Well, I guess this is what happens when you get into salary cap hell.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Winky

Que all "Thank you Ehrhoff" threads, complete with jokes about shooting wide, Errors, and WWI German train cannons ...

Winky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
pappaf2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSeven View Post
Per Dreggers twitter:

Sharks trade with Canucks frees up $$, but im told talks on Heatley have gone cold
Thank jeebus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
There's no way Mitchell makes around a million. I know its DW we're talking about here, but I'm guessing he'll sign for around 800K
Even if he only makes 800k we still need to fill up the other bottom 6 spots and the dspot.

pappaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Anthony*

brutal deal

even if it's a precursor move towards a heater deal it's horrible asset management
Posted via Mobile Device

Anthony* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:50 PM
Eid Ma Clack Shaw

Send a message via AIM to Eid Ma Clack Shaw
This settles it. DW has something against Germans. Sorry Greiss but you're next.

Eid Ma Clack Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:51 PM
CBJenga

I leave the boards for a few hours to focus on working, and all hell breaks loose.... Jesus tit****ing christ. What happened here?

I really don't know what to say... like... what?

CBJenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:51 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2gamble View Post
White is a complete bust
.....and if he is, the Sharks can still stand to get a 2nd rounder for him. That's my point.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:52 PM
Eid Ma Clack Shaw

Send a message via AIM to Eid Ma Clack Shaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
Well, I guess this is what happens when you get into salary cap hell.
Love your name. This trade is extremely questionable though. Even though we were in salary cap hell, we still could have gotten something better than this. I'm so puzzled

Eid Ma Clack Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:52 PM
drunksage
#88: The Savior.

vCash: 1004
****ing awful.

drunksage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:53 PM
marc-edouard grier

This sucks.

marc-edouard grier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Caseus
squirrelly wrath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo13 View Post
Does this make any sense as a precursor to the Heatley deal?
Doesn't Ottawa want/need d-men? I am very confused.
Ottawa has too many d-men already. We need a top 6 forward.

Caseus is offline   Reply With Quote