HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Need semi-urgent reply regarding helmet/visor

Old
08-28-2009, 01:53 PM
Saved*

vCash: 500
Need semi-urgent reply regarding helmet/visor

Hi.

I have to replace my visor tonight before a game or I can't play, and I'm running out of time so here we go.

I had to take my visor off my helmet, easy right? Well, you know the J-Clips? They have 4 holes and you can screw two bolts into each clip that goes into the helmet. In the helmet there's two loose nuts that stick through the ear protector and out of those two holes.

When I took off my visor, 3 of the 4 total nuts on both sides of the helmet fell out and rolled underneath a bench that cannot be picked up and cleaned out.

Brings me to my question:

I'm looking at buying a Bauer HS22 straight cut tonight before my game and I was wondering the following:

Does it come with the nuts to connect it to my Bauer 4500, and if it doesnt, does anyone have any idea what I could do to remedy my problem? The nuts I'm talking about came with the helmet in the first place, already installed, but they're loose and just.. fell out when I took the j-clips off.

If I didn't explain clearly, sorry, just let me know and I'll try to explain better.

Saved* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 02:00 PM
Saved*

Think I figured it out; called the store, they seem to think they have some. I'll check back if they don't.

Old
08-28-2009, 02:03 PM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

vCash: 164
Home Depot, Rona, Home hardware, Canadian Tire etc etc

NigelSPNKr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Saved*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadaBacon View Post
Home Depot, Rona, Home hardware, Canadian Tire etc etc
The piece im looking for is not sold there. It's a specialty nut that fits into a socket that is special to bauer helmets.

Old
08-28-2009, 03:18 PM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rented Mule View Post
The piece im looking for is not sold there. It's a specialty nut that fits into a socket that is special to bauer helmets.

You would be surprised what they have that will fit.

Have done it NUMEROUS times.

Old
08-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

Quote:

Disagree...

I have never found the piece the OP is talking about in ANY hardware store. However, the proshop at any good rink should have them.

Ollie Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 09:02 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
I recently bought a Bauer HS22 prowave straightcut visor and it came with everything I needed for my Bauer helmet. Spacers and nuts .... everything.

Don't worry yourself too much about it.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2009, 10:45 PM
Saved*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I recently bought a Bauer HS22 prowave straightcut visor and it came with everything I needed for my Bauer helmet. Spacers and nuts .... everything.

Don't worry yourself too much about it.
Yup! I got there and the proshop did have what I need, and on top of that, the visor came with the pieces I needed.

BTW, The HS22 Straight cut is different than the Prowave. The prowave has a wavy cut to it instead of the straight that the straight cut. You must have the HS22 Prowave. That it a nice visor.

The optics are a little strange. Very clear but at the same time, it will take some time to get used to.

Old
08-28-2009, 10:52 PM
Saved*

Quote:

Yeah, I don't doubt you found a nut to jeri rig into it, but I would like to be as safe as possible, and use the proper nuts. They cannot be bought at a regular hardware store. It is special to bauer helmets.

Old
08-28-2009, 11:35 PM
NigelSPNKr
#SavetheGoons

Quote:
Yeah, I don't doubt you found a nut to jeri rig into it, but I would like to be as safe as possible, and use the proper nuts. They cannot be bought at a regular hardware store. It is special to bauer helmets.
I figured since you had a game tonight, playing the game was more important then using the exact nut.

I dont really give a **** about being safe when i play so i am probably not the best person to listen to anyway.

Old
08-29-2009, 03:06 PM
deanosaur

Wait. You're looking to buy a visor and wondering if it comes with the nuts and such to actually attach it?
Answer is yes, atleast it should anyways. I've never heard of buying a visor that didn't come with the proper accessories to attach it.

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 03:35 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by deangamblin View Post
Wait. You're looking to buy a visor and wondering if it comes with the nuts and such to actually attach it?
Answer is yes, atleast it should anyways. I've never heard of buying a visor that didn't come with the proper accessories to attach it.
I've had friends get visors online only to find it came without the hardware. All of them are shipped to retailers with hardware, but sometimes they're cannibalized.

Those nuts are not really special to Bauer helmets. Whatever works, works. You can find many, many screws that will do the job.

It's losing the spacers that suck.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 03:50 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Yup! I got there and the proshop did have what I need, and on top of that, the visor came with the pieces I needed.

BTW, The HS22 Straight cut is different than the Prowave. The prowave has a wavy cut to it instead of the straight that the straight cut. You must have the HS22 Prowave. That it a nice visor.

The optics are a little strange. Very clear but at the same time, it will take some time to get used to.
I have this one.

The package says "HS22 Straight". I thought the "Prowave" name was the name of the line and they had 4 different versions mine being the HS22 Straight. I guess not ...

I guess you learn something new everyday.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Saved*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfan68 View Post
I have this one.

The package says "HS22 Straight". I thought the "Prowave" name was the name of the line and they had 4 different versions mine being the HS22 Straight. I guess not ...

I guess you learn something new everyday.

That is the one I have as well. yeah, HS22 straight cut. The prowave is the wavy (goofy) looking one.

Nice visor.

Old
08-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

yea thast a great visor, i have a straight cut on an 8k. i love taht combo, its so nice

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 11:01 PM
deanosaur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat McManus View Post
I've had friends get visors online only to find it came without the hardware. All of them are shipped to retailers with hardware, but sometimes they're cannibalized.

Those nuts are not really special to Bauer helmets. Whatever works, works. You can find many, many screws that will do the job.

It's losing the spacers that suck.
That's why I don't buy online

deanosaur is offline   Reply With Quote