HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Ray Emery

Old
08-29-2009, 08:01 PM
Jinsell

vCash: 500
Ray Emery

Fantasy Hockey Pool Guides are projecting Ray Emery to get over 30 wins with the Philadelphia Flyers. This could very well happen as the Flyers are one of the better teams in the East and not long ago Emery was a very solid netminder. Nevertheless, he's still a high risk/high reward pick given his history. My question is, in a keeper league that uses the salary cap would you risk taking Ray Emery? I'd love to hear people's thoughts.

Jinsell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Garbage Goal

I would. Even if he plays average (around the level of Biron) he should be able to pick up at least 30 wins so it's not as high risk as everyone thinks I think.

Plus he knows that this is his last chance. He was in the KHL for a year and now he has a one year contract to prove he's worth it. He's shown he has the ability to play well and bring a team to the ECF so I don't see why he won't, at the very least, be serviceable.

Also, since it's a keeper league with a salary cap he's good choice due to his really cheap capt hit.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 11:47 PM
CoachBrouwer

totally agree. I would take the gamble on Emery. He has a lot to prove. The flyers also added Pronger to their defence so that will add a few more wins too.

CoachBrouwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 03:24 AM
TheNudge

Send a message via MSN to TheNudge
I agree with you guys. Pick emery if you have the chance but not before the 4th or 5th round. I got him in one of my last pool I was in and still in in the 10 round I believe. I know I knwo what a still. So be patient and grab him when you can. Just don t take him ahead of guys like Varlamov,Price,Brodeur,Luongo,Lundqvist,Ward,R.Mil ler,
Nabokov,Kipper and even Jonas Hiller.

He s close to Hiller, it will depend on how Guguere play.

So good luck with your pick dude.

TheNudge is offline   Reply With Quote