HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Francis Bouillon to Boston?

Old
08-30-2009, 10:02 AM
TK06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsNewGeneration View Post
NO, he wasn't.
How can people say that? Was on the scoreboard a lot (8 goals,9 assists in the first 15 games). Tanguay was great at the start of the season....

He fooled me tho. Tanguay played like a Little girl, scared of everything near a corner. Didn't show a lot of heart ....

TK06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 10:24 AM
wolves019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koseegin View Post
Well that's good news. Boston's defense has gotten considerably worse with Boullion and Morris. Ward is much better defensively than Morris is and Boullion is terrible, aside from playing with heart, he just isn't that good.
and we are so better with Gill, Mara and turnover man (Spacek)

and by the way Morris >>>>>>>>>>>Ward for them

wolves019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 10:30 AM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK06 View Post
How can people say that? Was on the scoreboard a lot (8 goals,9 assists in the first 15 games). Tanguay was great at the start of the season....

He fooled me tho. Tanguay played like a Little girl, scared of everything near a corner. Didn't show a lot of heart ....
He said he was playing well before getting hurt, and you point out how well he played at the beginning of the year ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolves019 View Post
You are kidding right ? I am having troubles detecting sarcasm around here. Oh dam let me guess you are a Bruins fan ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Andy

Quote:

Yes, because having Brisebois, Boullion and Schneider as regulars in the lineup are much better than Spacek, Gill, Mara. Oh and the way Komisarek played last year, we were better off without him in the lineup, but yah sure.

Spacek was so horrible, yet he was Buffalo's number 1 d-man for how many years? Please.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 10:38 AM
wolves019

Quote:
Yes, because having Brisebois, Boullion and Schneider as regulars in the lineup are much better than Spacek, Gill, Mara. Oh and the way Komisarek played last year, we were better off without him in the lineup, but yah sure.

Spacek was so horrible, yet he was Buffalo's number 1 d-man for how many years? Please.
Spacek will be excellent on the pp with Markov (just like Schneider-Souray-Streit)
but at 5 on 5 lolllllll good luck Carey

For Gill....ok move on

Mara very good 5 or 6 dman

but to say Ward is better then Morris.....please

and I'm not a Bruins fan by the way

wolves019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 11:10 AM
emb24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK06 View Post
If it was up to me, I would give them a standing ovation! They gave it all for the bleu blanc rouge. Bouillon, Kosto, Koivu ......hell, even dandy! lol. Gainey didn't need them anymore ( I still think we need begin tho) , If Begin or Bouillon gets booed for going to the bruins , I will be very disappointed
they won't be booed. i guarantee it. both wanted to retire as habs, and begin was crying when he was traded

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 11:26 AM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Quote:
Originally Posted by emb24 View Post
they won't be booed. i guarantee it. both wanted to retire as habs, and begin was crying when he was traded
Begin asked to be traded.

waffledave
waffledave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 11:31 AM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
Begin asked to be traded.
yes... Because Carbo wanted him out !

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Just a reminder:

"We do not permit team forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Bringing posts from one team forum to another for this purpose is also considered trolling."

08-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Just a reminder:

"We do not permit team forums to be used to demean/insult the fans of other teams. That is considered trolling. Bringing posts from one team forum to another for this purpose is also considered trolling."
I don't get it though, he came here trolling pretending to be a habs fan when in reality he was a bruins fans and now we're getting called out for calling him out? Didn't we just prevent further trolling?

Not an angry statement, just really curious.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't get it though, he came here trolling pretending to be a habs fan when in reality he was a bruins fans and now we're getting called out for calling him out? Didn't we just prevent further trolling?

Not an angry statement, just really curious.
I see your point Koseegin, but these are the rules on HF. It's not something I made up off the top of my head.

If you guys feel a poster is trolling, hit the report button. Why waste your time replying to someone who you feel is a troll?

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 12:22 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
I see your point Koseegin, but these are the rules on HF. It's not something I made up off the top of my head.

If you guys feel a poster is trolling, hit the report button. Why waste your time replying to someone who you feel is a troll?
Word.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 01:57 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

You know who was the defenseman with the most turnovers last year??..Markov. The 2nd most, Green.
So, it's completely irrelevant. Offensive Dman can have a lot of turnovers, it's only normal considering they'll try plays and such.

So it means very little.

Gill, Mara, Spacek > Komi, Bouillon, Brisebois/Schneider.
Looking at the way they've been consistently improving, we can expect Markov and Gorges to be just as good but more likely even better considering Martin is now coach and will utilize a system that benefits his Dmen and Goalies.
We can also expect a bounce back season from Hamrlik and it'll be the first time since signing here that he won't have the extra pressure of carrying a young inexperienced partner.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 02:00 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saku_All_The_Way View Post
According to Ti-Guy Emond and his sources on CKAC Revue de Presse, Francis Bouillon will sign soon with Boston.

Also, he told CKAC this morning, that Dandenault would've accepted a 750K contract to stay with Montreal but Gainey was not interested in him.

I'm glad for Francis, he deserves it! Good luck to him if this is true.
If Boston signs Cube, who are they getting rid of. they are still 4.8 mm over the cap with Kessl and Bitz unsigned

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 02:04 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
If Boston signs Cube, who are they getting rid of. they are still 4.8 mm over the cap with Kessl and Bitz unsigned
Cap Geek says 2ish.

OT: Schneider signed for 2.75 mill ? Nevermind, seems to be his cap hit, with bonuses, or something.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 02:13 PM
sandman08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Cap Geek says 2ish.

OT: Schneider signed for 2.75 mill ? Nevermind, seems to be his cap hit, with bonuses, or something.
1.5 + 1.25 in bonuses or something like that for him.

as for trolls.. feeding trolls is like rubber necking at an accident.. you know you shouldnt do it but theres a certain amount of curiosity and intrigue that goes into it.. "if i give the troll this much.. will they hang themselves with it?!? will they try to hang me??!?" etc etc..

at a cheap price the cube could be a good player for any team but how much of a cut would he take is where the problem lies (ie. if cube was earning like.. 800k which i believe is what breezer got last year then he'd great for any team but anywhere near the 1.5-2 mil mark and it makes for a rather expensive bottom pairing guy)

sandman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 02:23 PM
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Cap Geek says 2ish.

So adding 2 or so puts them 6.8 mm over. How long do they have to fix that?

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 03:26 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
So adding 2 or so puts them 6.8 mm over. How long do they have to fix that?
Bouillon didn't sign with Boston (unless I missed something) and I don't think he will. They have 6 Dman under contract and I don't see any of them losing their spot to Bouillon. Not to mention, they're already close to cap. I used to think bonuses counted against the cap for youngters, but on nhlnumber and capgeek they don't do it that way. So I'm not as sure anymore considering these two sites gives Boston about 1M in cap room, whereas capcentral puts them at -4.8M.

Anyways, even without looking at the cap, him going to NYR made more sense because they actually have room for him on D unlike Boston.

Old
08-30-2009, 03:39 PM
Habs 1909

I thought Bouillon was signed by the Rangers?

From Wikipedia:
Francis Bouillon (born October 17, 1975 in New York) is an American professional hockey defenseman. Bouillon was born to a Québécois mother and a Haitian father. He is currently an member of the Boston Bruins.

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Hermamoud

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
I thought Bouillon was signed by the Rangers?

From Wikipedia:
Francis Bouillon (born October 17, 1975 in New York) is an American professional hockey defenseman. Bouillon was born to a Québécois mother and a Haitian father. He is currently an member of the Boston Bruins.
One of the posters here jokingly put on Olli Jokinen's Wikipedia page that he was traded to Montreal for Higgins, Plekanec, D'agostini, Halak and O'byrne or some package like that. I doubt that Wikipedia is a reliable source

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 01:40 PM
Joe Cole

The bandwagon jumping regarding players is pathetic.

When Cube was a Hab, he was great. Now he is not. Come on.

He was an honest player, who played beyond his size and skill permitted him, and we should thank him. Whatever job he gets n the NHL, we should be happy for him.

/End of thread

Last edited by Joe Cole: 08-31-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 01:52 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post

When Cube was a Hab, he was great. Now he is not.

He was an honest player, who played beyond his size and skill permitted him, and we should thank him. Whatever job he gets n the NHL, we should be happy for him.

/End of thread
I don't think anyone has ever called him great. Good guy and I wish him the best but he`s still a fringe NHLer.

sXe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 02:08 PM

Quote:

/End of thread
He never was...don't know where you got that from. Popular? Sure, great? not even close...though popularity and ability often get mixed together with Habs fans.

417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 02:15 PM
Kriss E

Quote:

/End of thread
He was appreciated or loved, I would have agreed. Everybody liked him because he always gave it his all and wouldn't back out of any fight even though he's a midget.

Nobody ever said his skills were great, unless I missed it.

Old
08-31-2009, 02:24 PM
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS

He was great the year post-lockout, but then he got injured. After that nothing remarkable beside when he was paired with Gorges in 2007/2008.

Chris Cutter is online now   Reply With Quote