HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Scoresheet Hockey-Who do I keep?

Old
08-31-2009, 07:05 AM
Robls

vCash: 500
Scoresheet Hockey-Who do I keep?

Hi Everyone,
This is the first-time I will be playing fantasy hockey.
I took over a team, and would like some advice on who to keep.
Quick rundown on the rules:
For All Players:
A goal = 1 point
A short-handed goal = 1.50 points
Power play goal = 0.70 points
An assist = 0.50 points.
Each +/- = 0.10 points(you get 0.10 points for each plus 1, lose 0.10 for each minus 1; ignored for goalies and power play goals!)
Each penalty minute = -0.05 points(you lose .05 for each penalty minute, though offsetting penalties do not count against your players)
For Goalies Only:
A minute played = 0.01 points
A shot against = 0.06 points
A goal allowed = -0.60 points(you lose 0.60 points for each goal allowed) Empty net goals do NOT count against your goalies!
Line-up(29 total players)
3 lines consisting of LW/C/RW
2 pairs of D-men
1 goalie
15 players on your bench in case of injury/suspension, etc...
I can protect 9 players from the following:
LW OTT Heatley,Da
PIT Kunitz,Ch
FLO Stillman,Co
CGY Glencross,Cu
STL Kariya,Pa
NYI Tambellin,Je
C BUF Roy,De
NAS Legwand,Da
STL McDonald,An
EDM Cogliano,An
BOS Bergeron,Pa
L.A Stoll,Ja
NYI Weight,Do
RW ANA Perry,Co
DET Franzen,Jo
MTL Gionta,Br
ATL Armstrong,Co
BOS Kobasew,Ch
D DET Rafalski,Br
CAR Corvo,Jo
N.J Oduya,Jo
VAN Mitchell,Wi
ATL Bogosian,Za
CLM Hejda,Ja
OTT Phillips,Ch
STL Johnson,Er
G PIT Fleury,Ma
NAS Ellis,Da
BUF Lalime,Pa
Free Agents Dawes,Ni
Peltonen,Vi
Afinogeno,Ma
MacDonald,Jo
Ference,An
The guys I am thinking of protecting are, Heatley, Kariya, Roy, McDonald, Perry, Franzen, Rafalski, E. Johnson & Fleury
Who do you think I should protect?
Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Rob

Robls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 10:28 AM
CoachBrouwer

Right off the bat I would be protection Heatley, Franzen and Perry because goals are worth twice as much.

On defence I would go with Rafalski, Corvo, Johnson and Bogosian. This gives you a strong 4, Corvo is hugely underrated and will put up strong numbers again this year. Corvo will get 40 points and score 10+ goals which is great from the back end. Johnson and Bogosian give you two young studs who are playing in the show and will be for a long long time. I would protect 4 defence, especially since you have 4 studs and then draft forwards as there are plenty of 70 point forwards out there.

Goalie is an easy one, take the Cup winning and should have been conn smythe Fleury.

This leaves one more forward spot available and it would be a toss up between roy, kariya and mcdonald. If you believe kariya is going to have a bounce back year then roll the dice on him but I would likely go with Derek Roy. Roy will score 30 goals and 70 points guaranteed you can't say the same thing for McDonald or Kariya.

CoachBrouwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 12:09 PM
Robls

No way am I protecting 4 D Men. Maybe if I had 4 studs back there.
Thanks.
Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachBrouwer View Post
Right off the bat I would be protection Heatley, Franzen and Perry because goals are worth twice as much.

On defence I would go with Rafalski, Corvo, Johnson and Bogosian. This gives you a strong 4, Corvo is hugely underrated and will put up strong numbers again this year. Corvo will get 40 points and score 10+ goals which is great from the back end. Johnson and Bogosian give you two young studs who are playing in the show and will be for a long long time. I would protect 4 defence, especially since you have 4 studs and then draft forwards as there are plenty of 70 point forwards out there.

Goalie is an easy one, take the Cup winning and should have been conn smythe Fleury.

This leaves one more forward spot available and it would be a toss up between roy, kariya and mcdonald. If you believe kariya is going to have a bounce back year then roll the dice on him but I would likely go with Derek Roy. Roy will score 30 goals and 70 points guaranteed you can't say the same thing for McDonald or Kariya.

Robls is offline   Reply With Quote