Climie 0 0%
M. Neal 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-29-2009, 10:12 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50

With all the talk recently about the Ehrhoff trade, it's hard not to notice the similarities between White and Sacchetti. Of course Sacchetti was drafted 20 or so picks later and is a year younger so hopefully he still has time to escape the bust label and avoid being traded for a young #3 defenseman.

Dallas Stars Summer 2009 HF-Voted Top ? (we'll see how far we get) Prospects

1. Ivan Vishnevskiy
2. Jamie Benn
3. Scott Glennie
4. Philip Larsen
5. Tom Wandell
6. Ondrej Roman
7. Richard Bachman
8. Alex Chiasson
9. Ray Sawada
10. Colton Sceviour
11. Sergei Korostin
12. Matt Tassone
13. Scott Winkler
14. Tyler Beskorowany
15. Nico Sacchetti

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 12:58 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

vCash: 500
Sachetti didn't get much playing time as a freshman on a deep, older team. If he doesn't break out this season it's time to get worried but for now I hope with some of the Gophers departures he can get steady ice time on one of the top two lines.

Nico isn't a bust yet.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2009, 01:17 PM
txomisc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Sachetti didn't get much playing time as a freshman on a deep, older team. If he doesn't break out this season it's time to get worried but for now I hope with some of the Gophers departures he can get steady ice time on one of the top two lines.

Nico isn't a bust yet.
Thinking about it now I dont think the college route was right for him, at least not such a talent filled college. Its not easy for young players to break into college rosters and get legitimate ice time. The really skilled high end picks can do it because they have elite talent, but the potential 2nd and 3rd liners seem to get left behind.

txomisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 12:00 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

HF, did you vote for McKenzie because of the BCHL scouting factor (as it relates to Benn) ? I want to hear a little justification for going that far off the board.

Old
08-31-2009, 01:05 PM
Hull Fan
trou du cul rapide

Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
HF, did you vote for McKenzie because of the BCHL scouting factor (as it relates to Benn) ? I want to hear a little justification for going that far off the board.
Yes that was me.

I'm not a believer in Lindgren. He's never shown his skill over here and he didn't show much when he returned to Findland last year. If he's got something time is almost out to show it. Roman being in the Czech Republic may open up a scoring slot for him in Austin but I don't think he'll amount to anything and will eventually return to Finland as a bust.

I thought about Vincour but his injury history and choppy skating held me back.

McKenzie is off the radar but yes I do trust the scout who saw him and the offensive gifts he's supposed to possess. I really hope he goes on to play for Red Deer rather than Miami, OH but either way I think he's a guy that could put his considerable skills together. Just because he comes from a lower division (see Benn, Brunstrom) doesn't discount his skills and ability to rise to the level he's playing at.

Call it more hope than true knowledge but at that moment that's how I felt about those guys right there. At this point the prospects are all kinda lumped together so picking one above the other is a crapshoot.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 01:24 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hull Fan View Post
Yes that was me.

I'm not a believer in Lindgren. He's never shown his skill over here and he didn't show much when he returned to Findland last year. If he's got something time is almost out to show it. Roman being in the Czech Republic may open up a scoring slot for him in Austin but I don't think he'll amount to anything and will eventually return to Finland as a bust.

I thought about Vincour but his injury history and choppy skating held me back.

McKenzie is off the radar but yes I do trust the scout who saw him and the offensive gifts he's supposed to possess. I really hope he goes on to play for Red Deer rather than Miami, OH but either way I think he's a guy that could put his considerable skills together. Just because he comes from a lower division (see Benn, Brunstrom) doesn't discount his skills and ability to rise to the level he's playing at.

Call it more hope than true knowledge but at that moment that's how I felt about those guys right there. At this point the prospects are all kinda lumped together so picking one above the other is a crapshoot.
I didn't think anyone cared, but McKenzie was required to report by Sunday, August 23rd, if he was going to play for Red Deer. He did not. He didn't really want to play for Red Deer, and he'll play for Miami for at least this season.

The GM or coach for Red Deer essentially guaranteed him Top 6 minutes, and that still wasn't enough.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 02:09 PM
Captain Awesome

Yeah, with guys like Sachetti I'm never really sure what's going through their heads when they pick a team like the Gophers. They're freaking stacked, and you're probably not going to get the best of playing time... pick another college program or team that will let you develop.

Edit: Also, who the **** voted for Michael Neal? From all the things I've heard that kid is not going to be anything.

Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 03:30 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

How come Chaisson's got a Quebecois flag?

You know the whole separatist movement failed, right?

08-31-2009, 03:40 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

Because it looks pretty, and we all know they'll eventually break away.