HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Staubitz signed for $500K for 1 year

Old
08-31-2009, 03:34 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
Do you like Rob Blake? He stabbed Corey Perry in the ballsack. I seen it.
HAHAHAHAHA that was the best thing ever.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 03:42 PM
Ninja Hertl
formerly sharkohol

Two 2nds, if true, is a fine pickup for Ehrhoff. Especially if one of those leads to Kessel.

Ninja Hertl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 03:46 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkohol View Post
Two 2nds, if true, is a fine pickup for Ehrhoff. Especially if one of those leads to Kessel.
I believe if we get Kessel it would be for an offersheet. Which I also believe means the picks must be yours and not anyone else's right?

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 03:51 PM
WineShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
what I find more interesting is that the 2nd the Canucks give for not signing White would seem to be separate from the compensatory 2nd that the league would award for not signing him.

So potentially the deal morphs into Ehrhoff/Lukowich for 2nd/2nd/Rahimi. That's not nearly as terrible a trade as White/Rahimi. (consider Luko a salary dump for Rahimi, then get 2 2nds for Ehrhoff)
If true - then I am feeling much better. i thought he could get a first for Ehrhoff but 2 seconds work if that is correct. The trade as published was so freaking bad, I kept waiting to hear about the first rounder that was part of the package and didn't get picked up. Keeping my fingers crossed this is correct.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 03:54 PM
WineShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
I believe if we get Kessel it would be for an offersheet. Which I also believe means the picks must be yours and not anyone else's right?
I am not an expert but I believe that is correct. They have to be your own. Its also a little hard to believe we would take Kessel, give that many picks, pay a big salary, and not see him until December. But ... stranger things have happened.

WineShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 03:54 PM
Gilligans Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGooooch View Post
Correct

Gilligans Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 03:56 PM
rideaucrusher21

yeah staubitz, I was at the game when he bloodied tootoo. man, ive never seen someone take such a beating. i give tootoo a little credit though, he hung in there and took it like a man. hahaha

rideaucrusher21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 04:12 PM
one2gamble

well, if he can up his hockey game and become a full time agitator I am all for it, if he cant they should have left him in the minors

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 04:43 PM
Le Rosbeef

Quote:
NOTE: I originally wrote that the Sharks would get Vancouver’s second-round pick. That was in error. This is a compensatory pick as provided in the CBA when a team does not sign a college player.
It's only one second round pick, people.

Le Rosbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Kitten Mittons

Holy crap, Doug Wilson did not overpay? Stop playing favorites, DW!

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 04:47 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharkyMcWoo View Post
It's only one second round pick, people.
don't bring your facts into my happiness

Old
08-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Retsopuk

does anyone know if mcginn was signed?

Retsopuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 05:16 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsopuk View Post
???? He's under contract until 6/30/2011.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 05:24 PM
Karl with a C
RIP Локомотив

vCash: 990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsopuk View Post
If you're ever curious about signings/contract lengths, you can always go to www.nhlscap.com

That shows that McGinn is a free agent until 2011.

Karl with a C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 05:53 PM
USF Shark
Zôion politikòn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
Anybody who thinks Staubitz is an enforcer is completely wrong. Staubitz is a middleweight/light heavy at best, he will never be an enforcer. I don't know how you guys keep getting the idea that he is an enforcer, but he isn't. He is more like Carcillo, Tootoo, Asham, etc.

Anyway, good signing on DW's part. Will be awesome to see him, Shelley, and Nichol as the 4th line if it happened.
like Carcillo, Tootoo, Asham, etc?! Really, the guy can't stake unlike those players. I've never seen him act like a pest. He's far too slow to be a pest. If he can't fight then he's useless.

USF Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Admiral*

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
like Carcillo, Tootoo, Asham, etc?! Really, the guy can't stake unlike those players. I've never seen him act like a pest. He's far too slow to be a pest. If he can't fight then he's useless.
I meant fighting-wise. In no part of that post did I mention anything about playing skills. Carcillo, Tootoo, and Asham all fight too much to be plain pests anyway.

Admiral* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 06:00 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF Shark View Post
There really is no if here. He is by and large a useless player. He won't fight anymore than Shelley. He won't deter anymore than Shelley. He probably won't score anymore than Shelley. But he's filler since the Sharks need cheap bodies to fill their lineup. I'm hoping someone from the farm like McLaren, Vesce, Helminen, and/or Ortmeyer play well enough that they don't have to use him.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 06:45 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Anybody who thinks Staubitz is an enforcer is completely wrong. Staubitz is a middleweight/light heavy at best, he will never be an enforcer. I don't know how you guys keep getting the idea that he is an enforcer, but he isn't. He is more like Carcillo, Tootoo, Asham, etc.

Anyway, good signing on DW's part. Will be awesome to see him, Shelley, and Nichol as the 4th line if it happened.
You can't be serious. Shelley can't do anything aside from fight. Staubitz can't do anything aside from fight. So basically your 4th line would be Scott Nichol and a pair of pylons.

But hey, I guess they wouldn't get pushed around while surrendering a ton of goals to teh opposition...

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 35 GP, 13-17-5 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 07:00 PM
Admiral*

Quote:
You can't be serious. Shelley can't do anything aside from fight. Staubitz can't do anything aside from fight. So basically your 4th line would be Scott Nichol and a pair of pylons.
No, my 4th line would be what a 4th line is supposed to be.

Quote:
But hey, I guess they wouldn't get pushed around while surrendering a ton of goals to teh opposition...
It wouldn't be that bad of a line. You make it seem like they've never played hockey before. They can skate, they can handle the puck, they can hit, they can fight, and they can alter the momentum of a game. But hey, if you're more comfortable with 3 ******* playing on the 4th line who won't be any more productive that's just dandy...

Old
08-31-2009, 07:06 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
No, my 4th line would be what a 4th line is supposed to be.
See, I always thought a 4th line was supposed to be a defensive/checking line. Staubitz and Shelley are not mobile enough or skilled enough to properly defend talented NHL players.

Quote:
It wouldn't be that bad of a line. You make it seem like they've never played hockey before. They can skate, they can handle the puck, they can hit, they can fight, and they can alter the momentum of a game. But hey, if you're more comfortable with 3 ******* playing on the 4th line who won't be any more productive that's just dandy...
Yeah, they can play hockey. to the bare minimum required of them to at least be in the NHL. Go find another team that dresses 2 tough guys and one legitimate checker as their 4th line. It doesn't happen, and it doesn't happen for a reason.

Also, nice of you to automatically assume that anyone who doesn't drop the gloves as their primary skill is a sissy. A nice, healthy strawman sure makes defending a skill-less goon line (and Nichol) a whole lot easier.

I just want guys with actual skills relevant in more than one facet of the game. Shelley and Staubitz have their place on the team, and they have their place on teh 4th line. But not together.

The Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 07:08 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

Meh ...

Nighthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 07:17 PM
D Huang

Send a message via AIM to D Huang
I'm a bit confused here. Ortmeyer sounds like a lock for the 4th line. He has all the tools and sounds like exactly the type of player we need

D Huang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 07:22 PM
Admiral*

Quote:
See, I always thought a 4th line was supposed to be a defensive/checking line. Staubitz and Shelley are not mobile enough or skilled enough to properly defend talented NHL players.
No, that would be the 3rd line. The 4th line is supposed to be the game-changing line with all the fighters/tough guys. Just look back into hockey around the 80's and everybody's 4th line was like that.

Quote:
Yeah, they can play hockey. to the bare minimum required of them to at least be in the NHL. Go find another team that dresses 2 tough guys and one legitimate checker as their 4th line. It doesn't happen, and it doesn't happen for a reason.

Also, nice of you to automatically assume that anyone who doesn't drop the gloves as their primary skill is a sissy. A nice, healthy strawman sure makes defending a skill-less goon line (and Nichol) a whole lot easier.

I just want guys with actual skills relevant in more than one facet of the game. Shelley and Staubitz have their place on the team, and they have their place on teh 4th line. But not together.
Philadelphia, Anaheim, Toronto, and St. Louis that I can remember right off the bat.

No, I assumed that you (like most people here) would rather have guys who don't fight hardly at all (if at all) on the 4th line and that is why I call them *******.

See, I think the exact opposite. Shelley and Staubitz on the same line would be perfect to me. They don't necessarily have to play every game together, but at least half the season would be great.

Old
08-31-2009, 07:23 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
No, that would be the 3rd line. The 4th line is supposed to be the game-changing line with all the fighters/tough guys. Just look back into hockey around the 80's and everybody's 4th line was like that.
unfortunately there are quite a few changes to the game since then

Old
08-31-2009, 07:25 PM
5H4RK5

Is 500K the lowest allowable salary.

5H4RK5 is offline   Reply With Quote