HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

USA u20 team roster: Is Schremp on the team?

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2004, 12:44 PM
Captain Conservative

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet
The loss was painful for Canada, for sure. But refusing to give due credit to the boys from the US is just plain wrong....and Un-Canadian. They played hard. They fought back although they were down 3-1, they didn't give up. Sure, they caught a few lucky bounces - but they worked hard for them. Somehow, for "the infamous goal", many people find it easier to blame MAF, than to give Team USA [especially O'Sullivan] credit for being fast enough to break away from TWO Team Canada defenders [even though he was being hooked from behind by one of them] and go crashing towards the net. You can talk about how Canada "should" have won and how the US just "got lucky". But Team USA created their luck. Canada apparently COULD NOT.

But anyway,,,,that was then. This is now. The 2005 WJC ought to be an awesome tournament. But maybe we all need to remember, this isn't just between the US and Canada. There's a lot of other good teams out there. Russia, Sweden, hell even the Chech's will all be contenders. Canada should be proud that it has helped raise the level of competition in Junior hockey. We should be damn glad that there's heavy competition out there....that will make winning all the more sweeter.
Very classy. You're absolutely right about this years tournament. I think Canada and the US will both be stronger on paper, and it'll be thrilling to watch all the young talent on the ice.

Old
11-09-2004, 01:01 PM
espo*

vCash: 500
Yes,when all is said and done what he says is true and i guess a sad Canadian hockey fan like me just has to take his lumps/retract his views and admit it.The U.S was a little better,they created their own luck and we did'nt. But i want revenge this year and i'm chomping at the bit for it!!!!! God, i want gold this year so bad i can taste it on the roof of my mouth.

Closed Thread