HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Heatley to Montreal (Should we be interested?)

Old
09-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 500
Not going to happen,Ottawa will not trade us Heatley,but it would be cool so we could then flip him for Marleau

I can't wait for the season to start and really excited about this team the way it is now

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 06:08 PM
Hermamoud

Would you trade Mike Cammalleri for Mike Fisher, Nick Foligno, a 1st round pick and maybe even throw in Jesse Winchester?

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Habs

In before the 'He's too tall" comments.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 06:22 PM
WeezyHabFan

He's too tall...

WeezyHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Bullsmith

Don't like it when Habs get bood by the home crowd, and Heatley deserves to be booed right off team Canada. He's done more to sabotage the Ottawa Senators than you'd think one player could. So no.

Bullsmith is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 07:06 PM
sampollock

love to see it,

but a pipe dream

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
I love how Sens fans expect to have a superstar in return of their primadonna.

Deal with it, you gonna end up with some crappy package.( for a player the caliber of heatley) Even teams that missed the playoffs for like a decade don't want him (LA)

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 07:26 PM
guapo23

cap $$$ is way off.
The list does not include Chipchura, D'agostini, O'byrne
etc...

guapo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 07:31 PM
maniac

you would have to at least add Akost to pleks pacioretty 1st etc etc to even make them think about it...

maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 08:08 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisconsult View Post
Think about it.

We have 4,654,024 cap space (http://www.thehockeygm.com/mtl.html)

Trade Plecks (2.75mill), a prospect (D'Agostini, Maxwell or Chipchura) and a 1st round draft...

you can even throw in Metropolitt and save 1 Mil for a free agent D (Bouillon maybe?)

Ottawa would be getting a hell of a deal... Montreal would be a contender...
Why would you want to acquire who just quit on his team cause he didn't feel his role was big enough?

Does this sound like a team player? Does this sound like a guy who gives a damn about his team?

Why would you acquire a guy that has the audacity to demand a trade a year after demanding a no-trade clause? Why would you want a guy who after demanding a trade, refuses to waive his no-trade clause after the team made a deal?

I'm baffled that anyone would think this is a good idea.

FerrisRox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 08:09 PM
le_sean

Of course the Habs would be interested. Any team who is not interested should fire their GMs. Sure he wants out of Ottawa but we are talking about a player who had a bad year this past season and still got 39 goals.

The thing is there would be too many factors unfolding in order to obtain him. Hamrlik would probably have to go, and he'd be going to another team, I doubt the Sens would be interested in him. Plekanec would probably be part of the trade so somehow the Habs need to find another centre to replace him because Lapierre cannot play on the 2nd line.

Not to mention Cammalleri will probably take a hit in icetime because of the addition of Heatley, and he would not like that one bit considering Bob made a point of targeting him this offseason.

It's not really feasible.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 08:09 PM
shutehinside

I'd love Heatley here but he'd be VERY expensive.

I could imagine him costing us players like A.Kosty, Plecks etc. By no means will we not have to give up some players most wouldn't want to give up. The upside is that he is one of the top offensive talents in the NHL and would bring 40-50 goals to our line up especially on a line with Gomez and Gionta. Sooooo, for arguments sake, let's do the mandatory projected line up:

Heatley-Gomez-Gionta
Cammy-Lang-D'Ago/Patches
Moen-Lapierre-Latender
Stewart-Metro/Chipper-Laraque

Still, even loosing Plecks, Kosty's and a draft pick or O'Byrne type player we still look pretty good, especailly the 1st line!

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 08:15 PM
PlayMistyForMe

Division rivals rarely make big trades involving superstars... unless both GMs think they robbed their rival. No way Ottawa's GM could believe he is robbing the Habs blind with your proposed trade so this won't happen.

Your reference site for the cap numbers is not up to date. The current cap space left is 2.7 million. Not 4 million +. So you need to send more salary Ottawa's way.

Something like Andrei K., Sergei K., Plekanecs, P.K. Subban and 1st would probably work, but such a large movement of players between division rivals is rare. And I don't think Ottawa would be interested in Pleks. More Patch than Pleks, but Montreal would need to move more salary than that to make this work.

Anyway, being a Habs fan living in Ottawa, having Kovalev + the K. bros + Pleks playing for the Sens would be sooo confusing. An Ottawa vs Montreal would be more like old Habs team vs new Habs team.

Plus... I don't think Heatley has Montreal double underlined on his No Trade clause exception team list.

So... Don't start evaluating how many assists Gomez could get with Heatley on his line... because Heatley to MTL is very unlikely.

PlayMistyForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 08:28 PM
HABSINCE76

Plekanec A.Kostitsyn Obyrne For Heatley is a fair deal Ottawa puts Kovalev Plekanec Kostitsyn back together and have Spezza Alfredsson and Folino.Its gold for both teams!

HABSINCE76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 08:29 PM
shutehinside

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSINCE76 View Post
Plekanec A.Kostitsyn Obyrne For Heatley is a fair deal Ottawa puts Kovalev Plekanec Kostitsyn back together and have Spezza Alfredsson and Folino.Its gold for both teams!
Now convince Murray of that and we have a deal!

shutehinside is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 08:48 PM
n0pan
waddup doe

Send a message via Skype™ to n0pan
Too tall.

EDIT: Dammit!

n0pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurisconsult View Post
I understand everyone else's critique of my proposal. But yours is just weird, angry and confusing.
weird, angry, and confusing?

uhh dude all I asked you to do was change the thread title to NOT say "Heatley To Montreal" because, even though it says "Proposal", the words HEATLEY TO MONTREAL kind of catch your eye the first few seconds you log on

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 09:56 PM
DeVries*

We didn't had enough distractions last year? Heatley can go as far as possible from Montreal. Even L.A. don't wan't him. He'll land in San Jose VS Cheechoo + something + a pick.

DeVries* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 09:58 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
weird, angry, and confusing?

uhh dude all I asked you to do was change the thread title to NOT say "Heatley To Montreal" because, even though it says "Proposal", the words HEATLEY TO MONTREAL kind of catch your eye the first few seconds you log on
I agree, I thought at first that he had a source that referred the rumor. Not an idea.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
I agree, I thought at first that he had a source that referred the rumor. Not an idea.
thank you. i get home after a long day of work, log onto HF, and see "Heatley to Montreal"...what the hell is that?

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 10:53 PM
panorama01*

Horrible idea. Heatley is lucky they didn't enforce the felony murder law on him - if they did, he'd be in prison for the rest of his life. Now he gives orders to people all the time.

panorama01* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 01:10 AM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyHabFan View Post
He's too tall...
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNK View Post
Too tall.

EDIT: Dammit!
lol x 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by panorama01 View Post
Horrible idea. Heatley is lucky they didn't enforce the felony murder law on him - if they did, he'd be in prison for the rest of his life. Now he gives orders to people all the time.
Speechless.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 01:12 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by panorama01 View Post
Sounds like Hitler

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 01:25 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller010 View Post
Why do you guys even want Heatley?

Consider defense, or leadership in the locker room, etc...it's pretty clear Dany Heatley has an issue with playing defense in Ottawa...how would he even work under a D-heavy system like Martin's?

You guys really dig dekes and finesse over everything else...
We were like that. In case you haven't followed the signings/trades since deadline, pretty much half the team changed.
You know the coach changed and you seem to know his system is different, so you should know the ''dekes and finesse style'' are history.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 01:33 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I'd love Heatley here but he'd be VERY expensive.
I disagree.
The Senators are definitely not the team with negotiation power. Not only is it tough for them to find a partner due to the cap space situation, but Heatly seems to also be very picky seeing as he already used his NTC and any players coming to Ottawa would require to lift their NTC or not have one.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Heatly go for a much cheaper return than what people expect.

I'm not saying the trade proposal would work, but I don't think Ottawa will get a huge return for him simply because there's just not that many eligible partners.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote