HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vinny to MTL e3, take 81 (see link)

Old
09-03-2009, 02:34 PM
25th

vCash: 500
Vinny to MTL e3, take 81 (see link)

http://www.corussports.com/hockey/li...3-1723911.html

Here we go again!

25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 02:37 PM
Jee
@DeuxiemeJumeau

won't happen.

Jee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 02:39 PM
LemieuxFTW

Is there an english translation for this?

LemieuxFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Habs

One thing is for sure, they can't afford him after this year once those talented young rookies need new contracts.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 02:41 PM
25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemieuxFTW View Post
Is there an english translation for this?
Koules will buy Barrie's share in the Lightning, acording to the globe and mail.

Last edited by 25th: 09-03-2009 at 02:44 PM. Reason: typo to key word.
Old
09-03-2009, 02:43 PM
25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
One thing is for sure, they can't afford him after this year once those talented young rookies need new contracts.
Stamkos is signed till 2011, Hedman till 2012. Who is young and talented in Tampa? The ice girls?

Old
09-03-2009, 02:44 PM
Jigger77

No way Bettman let's this happen. By trading away Vinny TB seriously jeopardizes its future as a franchise. I bet the NHL will help Barrie out financially and hide it behind some facade. Bettman has a infatuation with keeping his dream alive in the southern U.S. I don't see this happening personally. Just look how what the slimeball is handling the Pheonix situation.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Kman777

We have no room for Lecavalier anymore, it sucks, but it's true.

What sucks more is that if they did try and move him Toronto would probably be the ones to pick him up.

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 02:48 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25th View Post
Stamkos is signed till 2011, Hedman till 2012. Who is young and talented in Tampa? The ice girls?
Well, I meant in a few years when the kids need new contracts. St.Louis, Vinny... they won't fit into any plans with their financial issues behind the team.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 02:49 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Please, no more. I don't think my old heart can take anymore of this, please leave him alone....

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 02:50 PM
25th

Quote:
Well, I meant in a few years when the kids need new contracts. St.Louis, Vinny... they won't fit into any plans with their financial issues behind the team.
You wrote after this year but ment in a few years. My bad

No harm done!

Old
09-03-2009, 02:50 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman777 View Post

What sucks more is that if they did try and move him Toronto would probably be the ones to pick him up.
Doesn't Vinnie have a nTC since July 01st ? Why in Hell would he want to go to Toronto ?

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 02:52 PM
25th

[QUOTE=Kman777;20971298]We have no room for Lecavalier anymore, it sucks, but it's true.
QUOTE]

Try this!

Hamrlik for a 4th rounder to Preds e2, Panthers e3...

Plek will for sure be included in a deal for Vinny. No cap problems!

I know, it's never that simple but it is still somehow possible.

Old
09-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
IMO Tampa will surprise more then a team this year,just like us if the goalie can play good hockey Tampa will be a dangerous team IMO.With the addition of Hedman and Ohlund,the defence is pretty good with Meszaros and Ranger completing the top 4 and on offence they can put the puck in the net.A team to watch out for IMO

The contract that hurts them the most right now is probably Ryan Malone's at a cap hit of 4.5 for the next 5 years

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 02:56 PM
MathMan

Koules buying out Barrie is probably going to happen, but to go from there to the Lightning trading Vinny (in spite of his NTC) is quite a step.

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Kman777

[QUOTE=25th;20971377]
Quote:
QUOTE]

Try this!

Hamrlik for a 4th rounder to Preds e2, Panthers e3...

Plek will for sure be included in a deal for Vinny. No cap problems!

I know, it's never that simple but it is still somehow possible.

I suppose, in the short term it's possible. A rookie defenceman such as Subban or Carle could come up and replace some of Hamrlik, but what happens when that defenceman, Price, Sergei Kostitsyn, need new contracts next year and the year after? It's pretty hard to have two player making 7+ million (Gomez and Lecavalier), and three making 5+ million (Markov, Gionta, Cammalleri).

Personally, although he's not as good, I'd rather have St. Louis. More manageable term on his contract.

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 03:05 PM
25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
Koules buying out Barrie is probably going to happen, but to go from there to the Lightning trading Vinny (in spite of his NTC) is quite a step.
Ence the e3 (meaning more speculation than substance) joke in my title.

I don't see it hapening either but I'm sure the subject will be open to discution for a long time, once again.

Old
09-03-2009, 03:05 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
This move made abit of sense before the Draft, now it makes absolutely 0 sense. It makes negative sense actually. Vinny leaving Tampa hurts them badly, and Hurts us Financially.

Tanguay-Stamkos-St.Lous? yeah okay sure.
Lawton is an idiot, but he isn't brain dead.

Tanguay-Lecavalier-St.Louis is a dangerous line, don't **** it up with a trade that doesn't make sense.

Montreal would not only butcher our future/core/key players to acquire this guy, but hes another MASSIVE contract. I'm sorry but its a straight up no way in hell for me.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 03:07 PM
25th

Quote:

I suppose, in the short term it's possible. A rookie defenceman such as Subban or Carle could come up and replace some of Hamrlik, but what happens when that defenceman, Price, Sergei Kostitsyn, need new contracts next year and the year after? It's pretty hard to have two player making 7+ million (Gomez and Lecavalier), and three making 5+ million (Markov, Gionta, Cammalleri).

Personally, although he's not as good, I'd rather have St. Louis. More manageable term on his contract.
Now that's a good point.

Last edited by 25th: 09-03-2009 at 03:09 PM. Reason: f up
Old
09-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:

They need really big seasons in order to cash in,Price can make a little more but right now I don't see how Sergei can make more then 1.5 million next year unless he gets 50 + point but I understand what you are trying to say and agree that we cannot have half of our cap spent on 5 players

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 03:31 PM
cjbhab*
Go Habs Go

We should ban all lecavalier threads haha.. untill there's a confirmed link on tsn saying: Lecavalier traded to the habs for Ryder,Halak and a 2nd.

cjbhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMan View Post
That's what I was gonna say..

Koules mentioned that he was open to the idea of possibly trading Vinny, but that was last year and we don't know what's the price.
His situation might also have changed and want to keep Vinny there. The Lightning also upgraded their roster over the summer by bringing guys like Tanguay and Ohlund. So their team should battle for a PO spot which might make Koules think twice before trading Vinny since PO Spot=More Money.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Kebekoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
We should ban all lecavalier threads haha.. untill there's a confirmed link on tsn saying: Lecavalier traded to the habs for Ryder,Halak and a 2nd.
To Boston : Plekanec, Hamrlik, TB 2nd
To Montreal : Lecavalier
To Tampa Bay : Kessel, Ryder, Halak, MTL 2nd

Kebekoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 03:37 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

If we could get Lecavalier, Gomez would need to go...and Tampa won't take Gomez to save 500K. We can forget Lecavalier in Montreal. He will never come here...even in a few years, he won't be worth it because he will slow down and he'll still have a huge cap hit.

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

It's quite over ambitious to think rookies such as Subban, Carle, Webber or even O'Byrne could replace Hamrlik.
Subban and Carle haven't played one NHL game. Subban didn't even start playing vs men yet.
Webber although he showed good things offensively, mainly his shot, he looked very out of place in D. He still has quite a bit of learning and bulking up to do.
O'Byrne is the only ''realistic'' replacement. I don't have any doubt that he could be a decent 6th under Martin, which would mean one of Gill/Gorges stepping up to take over Hamrlik's spot on the 2nd pairing. That being said, I think our D would suffer more from it.

I don't want Hamrlik to be moved at all unless we get a good D back as well. I actually think he might be the Captain next year.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote