HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Teams showing interest in Kessel

Old
09-03-2009, 05:14 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycbruins View Post
This is the most important time in Chiarelli's reign as GM of the Bruins. Draft picks are nice, but do you really think he's giving up Kessel with names like Winnik & Ross coming back?

If Mueller or somebody similar isn't there, the conversation never starts I agree.
Ross was a first round pick two years ago. No way cheap players like Mueller or Turris, ect. are heading back. What about...

2010 1st(Calgary)
2010 2nd(Phoenix)
2011 1st(Phoenix)
Nick Ross(2007 1st)

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 05:20 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Ross was a first round pick two years ago. No way cheap players like Mueller or Turris, ect. are heading back. What about...

2010 1st(Calgary)
2010 2nd(Phoenix)
2011 1st(Phoenix)
Nick Ross(2007 1st)
There's no deal with Phoenix and I can see both sides' reasons. The Bruins want a blue chipper somewhere in there. Rebuilding teams take 3 draft picks and run, not contenders.

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:

2010 1st(Calgary)
2010 2nd(Phoenix)
2011 1st(Phoenix)
Nick Ross(2007 1st)
I believe the B's would take that. Yes it doesn't help them this year, but value wise its just too much for the Bruins to pass up for a guy who I don't think they value as much as they should.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Shaun_W_W

Quote:
There's no deal with Phoenix and I can see both sides' reasons. The Bruins want a blue chipper somewhere in there. Rebuilding teams take 3 draft picks and run, not contenders.
But Boston cannot take any roster players back so if you can't take roster players and don't want picks there aren't many options are there.

Shaun_W_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 05:31 PM
MeisterBruinmaker

Send a message via Yahoo to MeisterBruinmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by XavierX View Post
And

1.) He is coming off of major surgery, and will have missed camp.
2.) May have unreasonable or otherwise unacceptable demands regarding salary. Any word on this? He's unsigned, which is the point.

How about: PHX's 1st, CGY 1st, Daniel Winnik and Nick Ross?

I could see Boston asking about Goncharov, but I'm not sure Phoenix is willing to part with him. Depends on the sign ability.

You're not going to get 1a type prospects (OEL) for Kessel, unless an organization has an abundance of them or otherwise a dispute with one. Teams are hanging onto those types of players now more than ever. Normally, Kessel would never be up for trade but since your GM has put you in a bind it has come to fruition. Really, if you ask for a Mueller or Turris type player, the conversation ends there. It's not going to happen. Not for a kid, however great, that is coming off major surgery and isn't signed. Kessel is great and all, but he can't be the face of a franchise. Or at least he shouldn't be. Not very personable. If he was, teams would be coughing up a lot more, especially teams like Phoenix who need that star player.
Don't think GMs will be overly concerned about the surgery, but it's possible. PK's salary demands are said to be in the $4-4.5M range, though that's never been verified. Whatever it is, supposedly it's above the $3.75 number the B's gave Krejci. Either way, it's a figure that certainly shouldn't scare off all that many interested GMs.

As far as being a franchise face, if a GM is looking for they, then he'll undoubtedly have to pony up much more than the supposed asking price for Kessel, which at the draft was Kaberle and swapped #7 / #25 first round picks.

MeisterBruinmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 05:34 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
I believe the B's would take that. Yes it doesn't help them this year, but value wise its just too much for the Bruins to pass up for a guy who I don't think they value as much as they should.
The deal asssumes certain things(such as Kessel wanting to be in Phoenix long-term). Still, I hesitate to give up so much, especially considering that we're a re-building team. However, I think I could live with it for a couple of reasons. One is that in the last four drafts we've selected seven players in the first round(Mueller, Summers, Turris, Ross, Boedker, Tikhonov, and Oliver Larsson as well as a few second rounders still showing promise). Also, we have two firsts and a second in this draft, and a first and two seconds in the next. So, even in dealing all of those picks, we'd still have quite a haul to show for six years worth of drafting.

Old
09-03-2009, 05:45 PM
nycbruins*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun_W_W View Post
But Boston cannot take any roster players back so if you can't take roster players and don't want picks there aren't many options are there.
If they got a good young forward back, they could move someone like Kobasew (they might have to anyway)

nycbruins* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Rick Middleton

Send a message via AIM to Rick Middleton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
While I don't necessarily disagree with your points, by your logic Kessel is a 30+ goal one year player.
True. The question that Chiarelli has to answer is "do I think he will do it again?". I believe his answer will be the same as every other GM in the league ... yes. As such, he will value him moreso than an untested prospect.

09-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBruinmaker View Post
As far as being a franchise face, if a GM is looking for they, then he'll undoubtedly have to pony up much more than the supposed asking price for Kessel, which at the draft was Kaberle and swapped #7 / #25 first round picks.

If Kessel's value wasn't enough to get that deal done at the draft (assuming TOR nixed the deal because they didn't want to move down in the draft), why is that relevant to baseline his value now? A bunch has occurred since then, and the Bruins need to make a deal due to cap issues that weren't as much of an issue as it was in June.

Just wondering, because you see that logic mentioned here often, where someone is baselining a players value on a deal that didn't occur. Obviously - in TOR's mind they didn't value Kessel that highly. I just don't see what Burke's evaluation of the player value's has to do getting a deal done with PHO. Especially if PHO is expected to add significantly more value in the deal, which I don't follow.

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 07:38 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsharklover View Post
Wow now that sounds like a reliable source.
Now I can rest , Here I thought the Sharks lost out on Kessel but apparently this guy who knows a guy said it aint true ,so it must be legit.

" I just spoke to a guy who knows this guy and he says nothing is happening"

oh the internet is great
He's not just an "internet" guy. He also works for the local (and highest rated in the country) sports radio station and is a writer for a major metropolitan newspaper.

Dr Quincy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 08:15 PM
oilers get 6th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentallydull View Post
Let's go Tambo...
penner for kessel

oilers get 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 08:15 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by moreau4mayor View Post
penner for kessel
It's absolutely perfect for the Bruins.

Old
09-03-2009, 08:20 PM
LordLucic*

Quote:
It's absolutely perfect for the Bruins.
No. Boston has to add in Chara to even it off.

LordLucic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 09:07 PM
Alberta Yote
Nice run

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLucic View Post
No. Boston has to add in Chara to even it off.
Well you made the deal work under the cap. For the Bruins.

Alberta Yote is offline   Reply With Quote