HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Ranger Fan Friendly Invasion Of Blackhawk Territory Video

Old
09-02-2009, 08:43 PM
The Mouth

vCash: 500
Ranger Fan Friendly Invasion Of Blackhawk Territory Video

I recently went to Chicago and talked to Some Hawk fans about their club. Check it out. I pose this question to HF members. Would you swap rosters with them right now ? watch the video there is even a hot chick in it.

Ranger Crisis.com

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-02-2009, 09:36 PM
gravytrain6t

IDK about the whole Black Hawks thing but going back to the Rangers/Flyers brawl. We got pummeled just like every other team got pummeled. But the brawl I would love to see is when Philly finally got a taste of their own meds. Scotty Bowman built the HABS whole minor league team with goons. During a pre season game, there was a scheduled match between the Canadians and the Flyers. Well what do you know. One of Scotty's goon's threw a vicious elbow at the jaw of Bobby Clarke. It landed hard and accurate. Who came off the bench? None other than Dave "Hammer Schultz." Except this time Schultz was in for a huge surprise. Bowman had the skill on his team. Enough to win a Stanley Cup. Just like the Rangers and the famous GAG line. But instead of the HABS scouting for hockey talent, they scouted for goons who knew how to do one thing. Fight!
Hence Schultz got his ass kicked coming to the aid of Bobby Clarke as did the rest of the Flyers "broad street bullies." 1975-76' was the year the Flyers and their bullying tactics collapsed. Lafleur, Schutt, and Lemaire were able to lead the Canadians to 4 straight Stanley Cups. The Flyers were scarred by that one exhibition game. And during the Stanley Cup finals, Bowman's goon squad was ready and waiting to bully the bullies.
Only if Emile Francis thought of this tactic.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 12:05 PM
The Mouth

No doubt Scotty Bowman was one of the best if not the best coach in the modern era. The event you described sounds fun. The Canadien team you wrote about was one of the best teams ever assembled.

The problem was the Rangers never had the skill to ever really compete with both teams you mentioned, not until the 80's rolled around. I will see if I can get some footage of that game you talked about sounds cool.

Old
09-03-2009, 01:16 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mouth View Post
I recently went to Chicago and talked to Some Hawk fans about their club. Check it out. I pose this question to HF members. Would you swap rosters with them right now ? watch the video there is even a hot chick in it.

Ranger Crisis.com
When reading the post I was going to check the video later, but then you mentioned the hot chick so I'm waiting for it to load.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 05:49 PM
The Mouth

haha viper I knew that would get ya. Did you think I overated her ?