HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Things Jerseys Part 3 (New 3rd Jersey talk too)

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2009, 08:48 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
not a jersey question... but would the NHL store in the city have the Gaborik reebok shirt?
Went a couple of weeks ago and they didn't have them. Only player that switched teams that they had was Hossa. They might have them now though. You could call them up, phone numbers somewhere on the NHL site.
Posted via Mobile Device

Old
08-29-2009, 06:27 PM
NYR510

Just got my gaborik jersey from pro-jerseys (http://www.pro-jerseys.com/)

Paid $153 in total. I'm very impressed with both the jersey and their service.

Old
08-29-2009, 06:51 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

I want a Gaborik jersey, too, I just want to wait and see if ends up with an "A".

Old
08-29-2009, 07:01 PM
NYR510

Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
I want a Gaborik jersey, too, I just want to wait and see if ends up with an "A".
If he gets the A I'm just going to have it added.

Old
08-29-2009, 10:09 PM
SERE 24
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR510 View Post
If he gets the A I'm just going to have it added.
Same here. Couldn't wait to get the Gaborik jersey - too excited. Plus I got 30% off on the Rangers authentic so it was too good an offer to miss.

Old
08-29-2009, 11:23 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy View Post
OK here is what the Rangers need to do.
They are the only team without a logo on their jersey and the only NY team that does not pay respect to being from NY on their jersey.

1) Take the road white jersey...and change it from saying Rangers to New York. They had this back in the late 70s with their road blue jerseys, so this is not breaking precedant. The Yanks do this as do the Mets and Knicks, it just makes since when you are on the road you display with power you are from the greatest city.

2) Add a third jersey. The originality of the Rangers jersey is fine but they really do need a jersey with a logo. Every other team has this and it makes them lack that icon. Again, they already did this with lady liberty jersey. Do it again.

Our logo and jersey to date is kind of bland and could use a facelift like the Bruins got.
You can stay true to your original colors while also being modern.
No, no they really don't need to do this.

The Rangers shield is INSTANTLY recognizable. It is classic and should not change.

The jerseys are INSTANTLY recognizable. Classic. And should not change.

In MLB EVERY team has the city written on the chest of their road jerseys. I believe it is mandate. This is NOT MLB.

The Liberty jerseys were ugly. And in no way shape or form represent NYC because lady Liberty is in NEW JERSEY.

The Rangers do not represent the Army unit, do not represent a forest ranger, do not represent a police ranger, do not represent a texas ranger, do not represent an animal, do not represent anything that would warrant a different logo.

The team name was a play on words based on Tex Rickard's name. Tex's Rangers. They were going to be named the Giants, but after the NY press kept referring to the team as Tex's Rangers they stuck with Rangers.

The Rangers uniform and the Rangers shield are both perfect.

The shield represents strength and honor. The colors represent the country.

The classy font on the jerseys stand out more then any cluttered logo would.

The Broadway Blueshirts was also a nickname given to them in the 20's due to that incarnation of MSG being a couple blocks from Times Square, representitive of the glitz and glam of NYC night life.

There is no other uniform or logo that would give the team justice, then the one they have used since the Rangers inception, long before any of us were born.

We are not a second rate team. We are one of the classiest, longest standing sports teams in the world. And we should not be subjected to gimicks such as a tacky new logo and a tacky new uniform.

And the Rangers play in the HEART of New York City in Manhattan. They and the Knicks represent New York City more then the Mets and Skanks who play in the outskirts of Manhattan (the other 4 boroughs are outskirts). The Giants or Jets who play in NEW JERSEY. The Rangers, MSG, and their history bleed New York City.

Again, the shield and uniform are perfect in every way.

Old
08-29-2009, 11:35 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post

The Rangers shield is INSTANTLY recognizable. It is classic and should not change.

In MLB EVERY team has the city written on the chest of their road jerseys. I believe it is mandate. This is NOT MLB.

The Liberty jerseys were ugly. And in no way shape or form represent NYC because lady Liberty is in NEW JERSEY.

The Rangers do not represent the Army unit, do not represent a forest ranger, do not represent a police ranger, do not represent a texas ranger, do not represent an animal, do not represent anything that would warrant a different logo.

The team name was a play on words based on Tex Rickard's name. Tex's Rangers. They were going to be named the Giants, but after the NY press kept referring to the team as Tex's Rangers they stuck with Rangers.

The Broadway Blueshirts was also a nickname given to them in the 20's due to that incarnation of MSG being a couple blocks from Times Square, representitive of the glitz and glam of NYC night life.

There is no other uniform or logo that would give the team justice, then the one they have used since the Rangers inception, long before any of us were born.

We are not a second rate team. We are one of the classiest, longest standing sports teams in the world. And we should not be subjected to gimicks such as a tacky new logo and a tacky new uniform.

And the Rangers play in the HEART of New York City in Manhattan. They and the Knicks represent New York City more then the Mets and Skanks who play in the outskirts of Manhattan (the other 4 boroughs are outskirts). The Giants or Jets who play in NEW JERSEY. The Rangers, MSG, and their history bleed New York City.

Agree with everything you said...except for your one error, the Statue of Liberty is in New York.

Old
08-29-2009, 11:47 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Agree with everything you said...except for your one error, the Statue of Liberty is in New York.
You're right. I double checked.

Nontheless, its impossible to redesign the iconic shield and jersey that stood the test of time since the 1920's. Only slight modifications. And whenever a redesign alternate uniform was made they were terribly tacky.

Old
08-30-2009, 06:15 PM
SERE 24
LGR

All Rangers homerism aside, I think our home jerseys are some of the nicest in the entire league. Classic royal blue. Wouldn't change a thing.

Old
08-30-2009, 08:08 PM
KingLundqvistXXX
Confetti & Balloons

Are these ones good value? Thinking about bidding on one: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-YORK-RANGERS...4.c0.m14.l1262

Old
08-30-2009, 09:26 PM
shadow5150

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post

The Rangers uniform has changed plenty since the 20's, hell even the colors aren't the same.(Don't believe me, then check http://www.nhluniforms.com/) The jerseys we use now are closer to the one's used in the 50's not the 20's. I really like the current Rangers jerseys(pre-RBK), but I also liked the liberty ones too. Since they are the "heart" of NYC, why not incorporate the liberty into the jersey some how. It's just one person's opinion.

btw, the Rangers have done plenty of gimmicky things in the past, don't get all high and mighty now that we don't have a third jersey.

Old
08-30-2009, 09:31 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLundqvistXXX View Post
Are these ones good value? Thinking about bidding on one: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-YORK-RANGERS...4.c0.m14.l1262
The way the name is on the back seems very cheap and it looks ironed on. If you don't mind that then it seems like a good deal.

Old
08-30-2009, 09:43 PM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Yeah but it was built in France... LOL.

Old
08-31-2009, 01:52 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Hey does anyone know if they have Gaborik tee-shirts at the Palisades mall or the Galleria mall at crystal run

Old
08-31-2009, 09:22 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow5150 View Post
The Rangers uniform has changed plenty since the 20's, hell even the colors aren't the same.(Don't believe me, then check http://www.nhluniforms.com/) The jerseys we use now are closer to the one's used in the 50's not the 20's. I really like the current Rangers jerseys(pre-RBK), but I also liked the liberty ones too. Since they are the "heart" of NYC, why not incorporate the liberty into the jersey some how. It's just one person's opinion.

btw, the Rangers have done plenty of gimmicky things in the past, don't get all high and mighty now that we don't have a third jersey.
And the gimmicky things usually sucked. That's the point.

Old
08-31-2009, 05:35 PM
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.

Looks like Kotalik will wear 12 according to Zipay. Rissmiller will switch to 19. Arnason 39.
http://www.newsday.com/blogs/sports/...mage-1.1410757

Old
09-02-2009, 09:52 PM
nyrmetros

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
And the gimmicky things usually sucked. That's the point.
agreed.

Old
09-03-2009, 06:35 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

I'm definitely not high and mighty lol.

I didn't mean any offense, just explaining how I feel if they were to change the logo nad jerseys. Its a discussion, that's all.

Anyway, I love the shield and jerseys. I don't like the liberty stuff or the Winnepeg Jets jersey they used.

The only jerseys and logo that don't feel like a gimick are the design they currently use.

The 'less is more' thing.

Old
09-03-2009, 12:40 PM
stcatcs12

A little bit OT, but while in the NHL store in the city a couple of days ago I saw an authentic Penguins

alternate jersey which seemed to be a new kind of edge jersey maybe an edge 3.0? The majority of

the jersey had an old Maska ultrafil type of material while the front of the jersey had a soft material

like the old starter replicas had. I wonder if this is yet another incarnation of the Edge that will be coming out this year?

Old
09-03-2009, 12:51 PM
irishlaxburger2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcatcs12 View Post
A little bit OT, but while in the NHL store in the city a couple of days ago I saw an authentic Penguins

alternate jersey which seemed to be a new kind of edge jersey maybe an edge 3.0? The majority of

the jersey had an old Maska ultrafil type of material while the front of the jersey had a soft material

like the old starter replicas had. I wonder if this is yet another incarnation of the Edge that will be coming out this year?
More than likely an EDGE 2.0. The 2.0's have a mix of Maska Ultrafil and the soft EDGE material.

Old
09-03-2009, 02:45 PM
TylerDurden

Anybody know anything about removing names or numbers from a jersey? I bought a Gomez jersey after he signed because I thought he would be here for a while (and play well) and I wouldn't have to buy another one for years.

Do any places do this? Can I do this? Or should I just go get a new one (I hate wearing jerseys of players who aren't on the team except for someone like leetch.)

Old
09-03-2009, 03:34 PM
fcb51

Quote:
Originally Posted by stcatcs12 View Post

The 2.0 jerseys went back to a ultrafil type material because the players didn't like the new material of the first generation edge's...

BTW, I like the old starter style as well, much more comfortable and seemed a different quality all together - simply felt wrong to play in though

Old
09-03-2009, 06:10 PM
FOXHOUND*

anyone know if they have Gaborik or Higgins stuff at msg or Cosbys? Im gonna be in that area tomorrow and was thinking of picking up a jersey/tshirt for the season.

Old
09-03-2009, 08:20 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

For high quality jerseys I recommend pro-jerseys or projerseys (I believe they're one and the same) on eBay.

Outstanding quality, price, and customer service.

I got a Lundqvist Edge Premier jersey from them. The replica. And they professionally stitch the numbers and letters on. And also stitch the Rangers crest on the front.

They turn replica jerseys into pro quality. And they sell them market price for a replica. So you can either get a replica from NHL.com and pay for plastic lettering that is heat pressed. Or pay the same price for professionally stitched quality.

And if you don't see what you want in their eBay store, I believe you can request a specific player.

I highly recommend them to anyone.

Old
09-03-2009, 11:18 PM
nyrangers21

I just threw my Zherdev up on ebay, 60 dollar starting bid...

Think it'll go?

Closed Thread