HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vinny to MTL e3, take 81 (see link)

Old
09-03-2009, 09:43 PM
Lucius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
Does anyone know if we could buyout a contract... explain us the procedures and everything...

I thought of this after a couple of beers ... what if ... we tell gomez we'll buy him out and work a long term contract with a lower cap hit ... ?

pure fiction but somehow I get a feeling its going to happen in the nhl rather sooner than later ...
Actually, I'm 95% sure there's an actual rule against resigning someone you bought out for one year.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-03-2009, 10:15 PM
sXe
Yuuuuuup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
Actually, I'm 95% sure there's an actual rule against resigning someone you bought out for one year.
Rule or not, Gomez is still worth 5M$. His buyout would be around 2M$ so you wouldnt save a dime.

sXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 12:41 AM
carey31price31

With Gomez, Gionta, and Cammalleri all here there isn't a chance that Vinny gets traded to Montreal. In my eyes that ship has long sailed away.

carey31price31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 04:04 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
IMO Tampa will surprise more then a team this year,just like us if the goalie can play good hockey Tampa will be a dangerous team IMO.With the addition of Hedman and Ohlund,the defence is pretty good with Meszaros and Ranger completing the top 4 and on offence they can put the puck in the net.A team to watch out for IMO

The contract that hurts them the most right now is probably Ryan Malone's at a cap hit of 4.5 for the next 5 years
They better wish Ohlund stays healthy. And then there's Hedman. A lot of people are putting the same early expectations on him than people did on Stamkos last season. The kid won't be dominant from the getgo, forget about that.

Tampa will be dangerous, in a year or two from now. But I don't think they'll make the playoffs just yet. They've upgraded, but their starting point is the bottom of the league, there's nowhere else to go but up.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 07:16 AM
habs_in_the_blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey31price31 View Post
With Gomez, Gionta, and Cammalleri all here there isn't a chance that Vinny gets traded to Montreal. In my eyes that ship has long sailed away.
actually, it never set sail !!
people need to let this go, its getting old and very impropable

habs_in_the_blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 07:35 AM
Santino

another vinny thread???? yet im not surprised.. please give it a rest!

Santino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 10:28 AM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
pleks,ak,sk,weber or a 1st for Vinny?

latendresse vinny cammalleri
patches gomez gionta
moen lapierre dagostini
stewart metro laraque
chipchura

cap10bfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 11:13 AM
TK06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
No way Bettman let's this happen. By trading away Vinny TB seriously jeopardizes its future as a franchise. I bet the NHL will help Barrie out financially and hide it behind some facade. Bettman has a infatuation with keeping his dream alive in the southern U.S. I don't see this happening personally. Just look how what the slimeball is handling the Pheonix situation.

Hopefully the NHL would step in on this. Tampa finally as a thing going now. With Vinny, St-louis, Stamkos, Hedman ...I even like Karsums , think he can be something in Tampa, had some good years here in Moncton . Also Malone who is a good 25-30goal scorer. They just need a couple of years and I'm confident they can end up with a decent team. But they do NEED a goalie! haha

TK06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

I really wish this story would die once and for all. And I'm not one of those who don't want him in Montreal, far from there, but it's really getting old and tiring.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 12:43 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXe View Post
Rule or not, Gomez is still worth 5M$. His buyout would be around 2M$ so you wouldnt save a dime.
wouldn't it be for the 1rst year? (the buyout cap hit)

that would mean, that in theory, the year after you'd save 2m on the cap if I'm not mistaken ...?

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote