HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your favorite habs moments?

Closed Thread

Old
11-07-2004, 08:32 PM
KOVALEV10*

vCash: 500
Your favorite habs moments?

What are your fav habs moments?

Here are mine:

1- Koivu coming back from Cancer against the senators and getting an ovation that seemed to last for years. Really emotional night for me and millions of fans.

2- Boston- Montreal 2004 game 7:

This game was the bomb! I could still picture the first habs goal in that game... Kovalev circling the net.. out front... Zednik scores!!! Then the last second when Zednik gets the empty netter me, my dad and my mom were screaming our lungs out when it happened. As the game was over, we got straight to our car and downtown st-catherine baby! Habs fan were running all over the place waving the montreal canadiens flags, wearing jearsey, screaming, burning Boston Bruin's flag, even some who were climbing trees!

I'll post some more a little later on. Now its your turn to let us know your fav hab moments!

Old
11-07-2004, 08:33 PM
Habs4Life

vCash: 915
My favorite habs moment was when they won the cup in 93.. man that was amazing

Old
11-07-2004, 08:40 PM
Guy Caballero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Mine is related, by I can pinpoint it even more:

When Desjardins scored the OT goal against the Kings. Right at that moment, I knew we couldn't be beaten. I knew we were the team of destiny that year and that Roy and the Habs would win the Cup no matter what the Kings threw at us. As it turns out, we weren't beaten again that post season. But the rest of the Cup run after that game was almost anti-climactic for me.

Old
11-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
The Koivu ovation, I was in the front row at that game, and I felt like I was right next to Saku.

Old
11-07-2004, 09:04 PM
CH Wizard

Send a message via MSN to CH Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4Life
Same Here.

Old
11-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatone
Same Here.
I dont think I appreciated the 1993 cup win as much as I should have. I was only 9 years old at the time and I thought they would win it all the time after that.

I guess my favorite memory is game 3 or game 4 of the 93 1st round against the nords. I think that was the game where hextall complained violently after every goal that was scored against him.

anyways, Muller scored in OT and Hextall once again went over to the ref and complained that the puck was kicked in a style that only Hextall can perform. Meanwhile, the habs are celebrating on the ice like crazy and Jaques Demers was yelling at his players to leave the ice before the goal had a chance to be reviewed.

Well, after review, the goal was waved off and someone had to be sent to the montreal dressing room to get all the players back on the bench. Eventually, montreal scored again and again hextall was compalining but this time, the goal stood. It was a classic and it was on the of the last habs/nords battles of all time.

Even though I was only 9 years old at the time, I remember that game like it was yesterday. I was always a habs fan but after that game, I became a pure diehard.

Old
11-07-2004, 09:44 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett
I dont think I appreciated the 1993 cup win as much as I should have. I was only 9 years old at the time and I thought they would win it all the time after that.

I guess my favorite memory is game 3 or game 4 of the 93 1st round against the nords. I think that was the game where hextall complained violently after every goal that was scored against him.

anyways, Muller scored in OT and Hextall once again went over to the ref and complained that the puck was kicked in a style that only Hextall can perform. Meanwhile, the habs are celebrating on the ice like crazy and Jaques Demers was yelling at his players to leave the ice before the goal had a chance to be reviewed.

Well, after review, the goal was waved off and someone had to be sent to the montreal dressing room to get all the players back on the bench. Eventually, montreal scored again and again hextall was compalining but this time, the goal stood. It was a classic and it was on the of the last habs/nords battles of all time.

Even though I was only 9 years old at the time, I remember that game like it was yesterday. I was always a habs fan but after that game, I became a pure diehard.
I was like 3 years old and before the final I didn't know what was the Habs.My cousin explained me and they won the cup and from this moment I am a DIE HARD habs fan.

Old
11-07-2004, 09:48 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOVALEV10

burning Boston Bruin's flag
Way to waste money. Buying flags to burn them in the end. Why not just burn your 20 dollar bills? Just as effective.

Old
11-07-2004, 09:52 PM
gabpas

Favourite moments:

1975-1979 Cups and Lafleur dominating the league - when will we see a player like him again playing for the Canadiens - could be a long time

1993 Cup

1986 Cup

and five cups prior to that from 65 to 73

Game 7 Boston vs Montreal in 2004

Old
11-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Vlad The Impaler

The 1986 season and cup, no question.

At that time, I was still a Hab fan. Bob Gainey was my hero. This team was an important one and has left an important heritage to the NHL, I would say. It was historically an important season (reasons listed are not in order of importance):

1-First season of Patrick Roy (had only a taste the previous year). Establishes himself as a top goalie, then carries the team big time as a rookie tender. How many guys can do that? Today, you have clowns calling Ryan Miller, a constipated goalie, "the next Roy" when he can't even handle the pressure of meaningless regular season games without embarassing himself like a pee-wee. And we pamper goalies and think they need to be 30 before they can get a cup. Roy rocked. Simple as that.

2-Legends: This team still had the last few players who were legendary. Those are the last of the REALLY good ones. Larry Robinson was the man. Classy, skilled, dominant, a force. Bob Gainey also deserves a special status and is probably the best forward to EVER play this game with an average of 40 points. It's unbelievable that he could be such an impact forward with so little offense and speaks of his character (which is, the best damn character player ever in this game, period).

There were a couple of players who were important and sometimes understated players. Rick Green and Craig Ludwig. Just to put things in perspective, Craig Ludwig wasn't the most important member of this team by far and yet I doubt Komisarek, who has a lot of people wetting their pants, will ever make his presence felt like that. He was so mean and dependable.

The offense players like Naslund and Bobby Smith were fun to watch. They weren't the most talented offensive guy in the league but they meshed with the team PERFECTLY.

3-Stars of tomorrow: This team had a few players who went on to have great careers. Most of them had little to no experience.

Patrick Roy started then and there, that season. Went on to become legend and a winning goalie

Claude Lemieux had an unreal playoffs. Just unbelievable. He made a name for himself and never looked back. Became a player who won the cup with multiple franchises, usually raising his play and scoring as much in a playoffs run as he did in the regular season. THAT is a hockey player and a winner. Not pansies like Brian Savage who show up and then go into hiding.

Chris Chelios went on to become one of the best D in the league, even the best some years. He was great as a youngster.

That was also the last rosters with some balls, instead of a bunch of girls dragging pucks. You had enforcers on this teams. Nilan and Kordic. Nilan was also a contributing member of the team. Kordic was just a beast. Today, the Habs are lucky when they have a guy half as good as any of these two at enforcing. Sad.

Even Stephane Richer was showing early flashes of scoring prowess that year and later became the last 50-goal scorer ever for the Habs.

The whole team was great. So many fun players with great attitudes who worked hard. Walter, Skrudland, Tremblay.

And my favorite forward after Gainey: Guy Carbonneau

Those were the days.

Old
11-07-2004, 10:34 PM
Mooch

Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Well ive only been a fan since 93 so..........

93 cup win

Saku return

Signing of Kovalev (yes, it was exciting)

Old
11-07-2004, 10:49 PM
Rather Gingerly 1*

Hard to pick which one. There were so many great moments.

- Cup win in '71.
- Rocket ovation at Forum closing.
- Come back win against Nords in '93 playoffs.
- Good Friday Massacre.

Several more but very late tonight

Old
11-07-2004, 11:21 PM
KOVALEV10*

What about the final ceremonies of the last game in the montreal forum? All the captains carried something (I forgot what it was) and Rocket got an outstanding ovation. RIP Rocket we all loved ya

Old
11-07-2004, 11:24 PM
CH Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
The 1986 season and cup, no question.

At that time, I was still a Hab fan. Bob Gainey was my hero. This team was an important one and has left an important heritage to the NHL, I would say. It was historically an important season (reasons listed are not in order of importance):

1-First season of Patrick Roy (had only a taste the previous year). Establishes himself as a top goalie, then carries the team big time as a rookie tender. How many guys can do that? Today, you have clowns calling Ryan Miller, a constipated goalie, "the next Roy" when he can't even handle the pressure of meaningless regular season games without embarassing himself like a pee-wee. And we pamper goalies and think they need to be 30 before they can get a cup. Roy rocked. Simple as that.

2-Legends: This team still had the last few players who were legendary. Those are the last of the REALLY good ones. Larry Robinson was the man. Classy, skilled, dominant, a force. Bob Gainey also deserves a special status and is probably the best forward to EVER play this game with an average of 40 points. It's unbelievable that he could be such an impact forward with so little offense and speaks of his character (which is, the best damn character player ever in this game, period).

There were a couple of players who were important and sometimes understated players. Rick Green and Craig Ludwig. Just to put things in perspective, Craig Ludwig wasn't the most important member of this team by far and yet I doubt Komisarek, who has a lot of people wetting their pants, will ever make his presence felt like that. He was so mean and dependable.

The offense players like Naslund and Bobby Smith were fun to watch. They weren't the most talented offensive guy in the league but they meshed with the team PERFECTLY.

3-Stars of tomorrow: This team had a few players who went on to have great careers. Most of them had little to no experience.

Patrick Roy started then and there, that season. Went on to become legend and a winning goalie

Claude Lemieux had an unreal playoffs. Just unbelievable. He made a name for himself and never looked back. Became a player who won the cup with multiple franchises, usually raising his play and scoring as much in a playoffs run as he did in the regular season. THAT is a hockey player and a winner. Not pansies like Brian Savage who show up and then go into hiding.

Chris Chelios went on to become one of the best D in the league, even the best some years. He was great as a youngster.

That was also the last rosters with some balls, instead of a bunch of girls dragging pucks. You had enforcers on this teams. Nilan and Kordic. Nilan was also a contributing member of the team. Kordic was just a beast. Today, the Habs are lucky when they have a guy half as good as any of these two at enforcing. Sad.

Even Stephane Richer was showing early flashes of scoring prowess that year and later became the last 50-goal scorer ever for the Habs.

The whole team was great. So many fun players with great attitudes who worked hard. Walter, Skrudland, Tremblay.

And my favorite forward after Gainey: Guy Carbonneau

Those were the days.
Wow , thx for the read Vlad.

Old
11-08-2004, 11:25 AM
Alexander Ovechkin

When Koivu returned after on the ice after his cancer.It was a fantastic moment.He was a hero , He was a warrior for all of us.

Old
11-08-2004, 02:48 PM
mcphee

Well written Vlad. Do you remember the losing streak the team was on that year. About March,I think, they broke out of it against Boston[a Thursday night game] in one of Claude Lemieux's first games back up with the team. I vaguely remember a bad call going in Mtl.'s favor giving them a tie in that game and they seemed to exhale and play as a team after that. It took most of that year for them to settle on Roy as he seemed to have trouble in consecutive games. They eventually attributed it to poor eating habits,hence the nickname Casseau. Lemieux/Skrudland'McPhee was one of my all time favorite lines. They were such a pain in the butt to play against.

Old
11-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rather Gingerly 1
Hard to pick which one. There were so many great moments.

- Cup win in '71.
- Rocket ovation at Forum closing.
- Come back win against Nords in '93 playoffs.
- Good Friday Massacre.

Several more but very late tonight
Yeah the ovation for the rocket in 96 actually burst me into tears and gave me goosebumps all over.

It seems like the habs organization always make sure that things are done first class.

The closing of the forum was excellent and right to the point Comapre that to the closing of the Maple leaf gardens which was boring and way too long. I cant give the habs organization enough credit at how smoothly they respectfully closed the forum and made a nice transition to what was then called the molson center.

Old
11-08-2004, 10:23 PM
Sweeney

-Rocket Richard in 96 (the big ovation)
-Saku's Return
-The Bruins elimination (02 and 04)
-Cup in 93 + the Parade
-Last game in forum (yes that the same night than rocket richard i know)
-The return of Gainey

Old
11-09-2004, 02:56 PM
Alexander Ovechkin

Anyone have play in the arena Maurice Richard in Montreal ?? i love very much this arena its very big

Old
11-09-2004, 09:14 PM
Capitano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackett

Actually it was Lebeau that scored in OT first but it was a high-stick and Demers tried to get us off the ice right away but obviously it was no goal.

Damphousse scored on a nifty turnaround backhander that hit Hextall and then bounced off of his defender's skate (I think it was Gusarov) and in. That goal was also reviewed because Muller was in the area and Hextall thought that it had gone off of his skate. The goal stood and the rest is history...

That team in 1993 run to the Cup was incredible. It had got to the point where we could do no wrong...

Cap

Old
11-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitano
Actually it was Lebeau that scored in OT first but it was a high-stick and Demers tried to get us off the ice right away but obviously it was no goal.

Damphousse scored on a nifty turnaround backhander that hit Hextall and then bounced off of his defender's skate (I think it was Gusarov) and in. That goal was also reviewed because Muller was in the area and Hextall thought that it had gone off of his skate. The goal stood and the rest is history...

That team in 1993 run to the Cup was incredible. It had got to the point where we could do no wrong...

Cap
Youre right, it was lebeau, my mistake

Closed Thread