Notices

ilya kovalchuk/russia.

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2004, 03:12 PM
ricknashfan_61

vCash: 500
ilya kovalchuk/russia.

Dose anyone have any information or links to get information on kovalchuk and how he's doing in russia.

Old
10-16-2004, 06:52 PM
TelperiŽn

www.kovy.ru

www.ak-bars.ru

He's got 5 goals and 3 assists in 11 games played in the RSL.

Here are some video highlights: http://www.ak-bars.ru/video/ (Look for Ковальчук).

Last edited by TelperiŽn: 10-16-2004 at 07:09 PM.
Old
10-16-2004, 08:58 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

He did have 5 goals after his first 5 games I think, but it looks like he's slowed down a little. Still fairly respectable stats for the RSL.

You can follow his progress at hockeydb.com, they're updating the RSL stats game by game this year.

As for other Thrashers, Ilja Nikulin's already put up as many points (5) in 14 games this year as he did in 40 games the season before, so it looks like he's doing well. Slava Kozlov has 3 points in 6 games thus far too.

I don't think there are any other Thrashers in the RSL?

Old
10-19-2004, 05:23 PM
ricknashfan_61

now he has 8 points in 11 games.

Old
10-30-2004, 10:21 PM
Amen evil king
Amen, Evil King

Looks like Richards has signed with Ak Bars Kazan too.. Hockey fans all over Europe must be loving this lockout.

Old
11-08-2004, 12:35 AM
bruins4777*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lehtonen32
Looks like Richards has signed with Ak Bars Kazan too.. Hockey fans all over Europe must be loving this lockout.
The euro players aren't. I personally hate what they are doing over there.

I say this as a thrashers fan. I was excited to see briere and heatley together, but i mean come on dont' be an @ss and take other people's job you already have such a ridiculous amount of money.

Old
11-08-2004, 06:56 PM
mazmin
Go! Jets! Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins4777
The euro players aren't. I personally hate what they are doing over there.

I say this as a thrashers fan. I was excited to see briere and heatley together, but i mean come on dont' be an @ss and take other people's job you already have such a ridiculous amount of money.
I agree completly. Also think of the blue collar workers that are getting screwed over day in and day out by the greed driven lockout. These players do not deserve our support when they come back from Europe. It's up to us fans to take action and boycott the NHL in its return.

Old
11-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazmin
I agree completly. Also think of the blue collar workers that are getting screwed over day in and day out by the greed driven lockout. These players do not deserve our support when they come back from Europe. It's up to us fans to take action and boycott the NHL in its return.
Hold on now, that's not fair at all. In defense of the players (can't believe i'm doing this) their careers are fairly short compared to any other athlete, so they should be paid. Maybe not the John LeClair salary but about three million a year sounds reasonable don't you think. I mean they're going to have headaches from the concussions, and arthritis from the broken bones for the rest of their lives. As for the whole boycotting NHL thing...I sincerely hope more people don't share your view. It's not like the NHL's up the creek as it is, they can't afford a loss of a fans base. I don't know if you've paid attention to football at all but good god, commercials after turnovers/punts/timeouts/two minute warnings/injuries it's enough to drive you nuts. Hockey is the single best sport to come out of North America hands down, and if you're not going to support it go watch the Sox. I would be psyched if Kovalchuck and Heatley were in orange and black.

Closed Thread