HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary/Buffalo

Old
09-04-2009, 12:03 PM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
If you send a 1st, and Myers along with Stafford you could have Phaneuf.
Would not touch with Willie Mitchell's extra long stick.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 12:06 PM
Barney Gumble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cream Man View Post
I want Sarich as our #4 defenseman
Who else do the Flames have that can handle 2nd pairing minutes? No, this isn't meant as a smart ass remark but rather my opinion that the Flames don't have the depth to deal Sarich without getting another defenseman back (or obtain another one in a separate transaction).

Barney Gumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 12:07 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Zepp View Post
Why on earth would Buffalo do that? Myers could be better than Phaneuf and Stafford is a very good player...and to insult the situation further by asking for a first round pick?
Because we all know how could be's are much better than proven players right database man.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 12:21 PM
SaintMorose

vCash: 50
Sarich means more to Calgary than Stafford does and Buffalo can't trade a forward for a defense-man. doesnt make sense to either side

SaintMorose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesOwnYou View Post
Because we all know how could be's are much better than proven players right database man.
You'd know it was a valid point if you followed Myers' progression at all. Obviously Myers for Phaneuf would require more on Buffalo's side, but a first round pick and Stafford on top of it are ridiculous. The Dion's not worth that.

Last edited by Clock: 09-04-2009 at 01:39 PM.
Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 12:45 PM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
No. Rivet fills the same role as Sarich on a shorter contract for less money. Plus Buffalo already has too many d-man. IF they are moving Stafford, its going to be for a top 6 forward, IMHO
very true
buffalo has alot of players coming into camp battling for dman spots

Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 01:16 PM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
You'd know it was a valid point if you followed Myers' progression at all. Obviously Myers for Phaneuf would obviously require more on Buffalo's side, but a first round pick and Stafford on top of it are ridiculous. The Dion's not worth that.
I made one ridiculous offer in reply to another.

Also, please don't quote Rob Zepp; I have him on ignore for a reason.

I Hate Chris Butler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 01:18 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Such a great HFBoards tradition.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 01:38 PM
Clock

Quote:

Also, please don't quote Rob Zepp; I have him on ignore for a reason.
Yup, I know what you meant, I was just responding directly to the Zepp cat. Thanks for the tip, I'll add him to the list.

Anyhow.

As has already been said, the Sabres have more than enough periphery 3/4th liners as it is. A trade for Stafford not involving an overpayment would require a top sixer coming back in return.

Clock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 01:47 PM
ZemgusWho
Play for 2013+

Stafford's not going anywhere. The sabres need him in that role, and he's going to be signed.

the best part about Staff signing his 1-2 year deal will be the HF rumor boards sharks will stop proposing ways to get him.

ZemgusWho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 04:02 PM
HuskyFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barney Gumble View Post
Who else do the Flames have that can handle 2nd pairing minutes? No, this isn't meant as a smart ass remark but rather my opinion that the Flames don't have the depth to deal Sarich without getting another defenseman back (or obtain another one in a separate transaction).
How dont the Flames have D depth?

Giordano, Pardy have both at times played top 4 time. Both could be a #4 D IF needed. Followed by some slightly seasoned young guys in Pelech and Stralman for a #6D if needed and than a few very ncie D prospects comign through the piepline now too.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 04:19 PM
FoxMulder91*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan View Post
How dont the Flames have D depth?

Giordano, Pardy have both at times played top 4 time. Both could be a #4 D IF needed. Followed by some slightly seasoned young guys in Pelech and Stralman for a #6D if needed and than a few very ncie D prospects comign through the piepline now too.
The Flames have depth at D, but do you really want Pardy, Giordano, Stalman, Pelech etc to be playing top 4 time to start the year?

IMO the Flames should trade Sarich next off-season..Pelech will be ready if hes not already..Giordano, Stalman and Pardy will all have another year of experience, you will have guys like Negrin, Aulie and Seabrook with a year of AHL experience and you still have players like Erixon and Brodie who had been playing junior and overseas and it frees us up some cap space.

FoxMulder91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Iggy-4-50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkForest91 View Post
The Flames have depth at D, but do you really want Pardy, Giordano, Stalman, Pelech etc to be playing top 4 time to start the year?

IMO the Flames should trade Sarich next off-season..Pelech will be ready if hes not already..Giordano, Stalman and Pardy will all have another year of experience, you will have guys like Negrin, Aulie and Seabrook with a year of AHL experience and you still have players like Erixon and Brodie who had been playing junior and overseas and it frees us up some cap space.

Giordano went from 13 minutes a game at the start of the season to over 19 minutes and played very well before he got injured, he can handle 2nd line minutes with ease. Sarich actually played less than Gio for a time. Pardy played about 15 minutes but i think thats a little too much for him right now. have no idea on the other guys.

In the end it doesn't really matter as the flames have Phaneuf and Bouwmeester who both can play 27 minutes and Regehr 20-22. It's an easy swap.

Iggy-4-50 is offline   Reply With Quote