HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Calgary/Nashville

Old
09-05-2009, 06:54 PM
FoxMulder91*

vCash: 500
Calgary/Nashville

Mark Giordano (0.891) 2011 UFA
Brett Palin (0.497) 2010 RFA 2 way
Kris Chucko (0.650) 2010 RFA 2 way

For

Joel Ward (1.5) 2011 UFA

Last edited by FoxMulder91*: 09-05-2009 at 06:59 PM.
FoxMulder91* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2009, 06:59 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

No way. Why would we trade an NHL winger for a fringe player and two defensemen when our biggest need is NHL wingers and we have three defensemen competing for one open roster spot?

Calgary and Nashville do not make good trading partners.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 09-05-2009 at 07:10 PM.
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2009, 07:35 PM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

vCash: 855
Why would the Preds do this Ward was one of there most effective players last year why would they trade him for a bottom paring defenceman and 2 prospects.And plus the Preds are lacking forward depth there already set on defense.

Ronaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2009, 08:03 PM
FoxMulder91*

Can someone list me Nashville's top 6 defence for this upcoming year?

Old
09-05-2009, 08:27 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkForest91 View Post
Can someone list me Nashville's top 6 defence for this upcoming year?
Ryan Suter
Shea Weber
Dan Hamhuis
Kevin Klein
Alexander Sulzer
One of Cody Franson, Teemu Lääkso, and Jon Blum.

I can't really say I prefer Giordano over any of those guys, with perhaps the exception of Franson.

Old
09-05-2009, 08:36 PM
FoxMulder91*

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Ryan Suter
Shea Weber
Dan Hamhuis
Kevin Klein
Alexander Sulzer

I can't really say I prefer Giordano over any of those guys, with perhaps the exception of Franson.
How could you take Sulzer (2 games in the NHL, one year younger then Giordano) and Klein over Giordano?

Laakso, Blum and Franson are all young players, so ill leave them out of the debate.

Old
09-05-2009, 08:58 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
How could you take Sulzer (2 games in the NHL, one year younger then Giordano) and Klein over Giordano?

Laakso, Blum and Franson are all young players, so ill leave them out of the debate.
They're virtually the same player, and I don't have to trade my team's best net presence for Sulzer.

As for Klein, he does it all: power play, penalty kill, blocking shots, fighting, and my personal favorite, playing the body effectively.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 09-05-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old
09-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Rob Zepp

Quote:
Ryan Suter
Shea Weber
Dan Hamhuis
Kevin Klein
Alexander Sulzer

Nashville should take some of that great young D talent (deepest young D talent in league?) and transform it into some scoring. Look at teams with lots of good young forwards in abundance....that wouldn't seem to in any way/shape/form be the Calgary franchise at this point in their existence.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2009, 09:22 PM
FoxMulder91*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Zepp View Post
Nashville should take some of that great young D talent (deepest young D talent in league?) and transform it into some scoring. Look at teams with lots of good young forwards in abundance....that wouldn't seem to in any way/shape/form be the Calgary franchise at this point in their existence.
Calgary's is going in the right direction.

Last edited by FoxMulder91*: 09-05-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Old
09-05-2009, 09:41 PM
Guitpik

I'd do this just to have someone on the team with the name "Chucko"

Guitpik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2009, 09:46 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
We really aren't. After the trio of rookies, our next best defender is Mark Matheson, and he isn't even under NHL contract. We're in a situation where our prospects are all a few years away, and we're only down to about eight NHL-caliber defenders in the big club and farm system combined.

Old
09-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Flames 1st pick

Quote:
No way. Why would we trade an NHL winger for a fringe player and two defensemen when our biggest need is NHL wingers and we have three defensemen competing for one open roster spot?

Calgary and Nashville do not make good trading partners.

Ward and Giordano are at the same "fringe" level.....

but I agree there is probably no reason for Nahsville to do the deal.....

Flames 1st pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 11:30 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Flames Fan View Post
Ward and Giordano are at the same "fringe" level.....

but I agree there is probably no reason for Nahsville to do the deal.....
I wasn't talking about Giordano, I was talking about Chucko. Giordano might actually make for a fairly good defenseman, Chucko will be lucky to be an NHL regular.

Old
09-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Rob Zepp

Quote:
Calgary's is going in the right direction.
Perhaps they are but it isn't from a stockpile of great young forward talent. If Calgary is going to see improvement this year, it will come from a very concerted effort on Team D that will require a strong year between the pipes.

Nashville needs some scoring. A good trading partner for the Predators will be a team with excess young scoring talent. A team like Boston comes to mind.

Rob Zepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 12:53 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:

So Klein and Sulzer are old??

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 01:14 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Nashville needs some scoring. A good trading partner for the Predators will be a team with excess young scoring talent. A team like Boston comes to mind.
We've all had our eyes on Chuck Kobasew for some time now...

Old
09-06-2009, 01:36 PM
Hi-wayman

Quote:
Perhaps they are but it isn't from a stockpile of great young forward talent. If Calgary is going to see improvement this year, it will come from a very concerted effort on Team D that will require a strong year between the pipes.

Boston, Vancouver & maybe Tampa Bay

Hi-wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 02:01 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:

Mark Giordano (0.891) 2011 UFA
Brett Palin (0.497) 2010 RFA 2 way
Kris Chucko (0.650) 2010 RFA 2 way

For

Joel Ward (1.5) 2011 UFA
Hell no.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 02:42 PM
Kritty

Quote:
I wasn't talking about Giordano, I was talking about Chucko. Giordano might actually make for a fairly good defenseman, Chucko will be lucky to be an NHL regular.
You really need to brush up on players outside of Nashville. Chucko is far from being lucky to be an NHL regular. He made huge strides last year with his skating and offensive play. He has all the makings of being the exact same player as Ward. You're so far off on his ability. And let's not forget that before last year, Joel Ward would've been someone consider a longshot to be an NHL regular. At least Chucko has the pedigree of being a past 1st round pick. His issues is that people knew he would need alot of time to develop and everyone wrote him off too early. He's now showing some of that potential people said he had. On top of that, he was never drafted with the expectation of being a top line player. He was always considered a gritty, physical 3rd liner with some offensive upside. Funny enough, that's exactly what he showed last year and I expect another jump in his development this year. On a final note, Chucko is expected to be an NHL regular this season so I guess that thought you have is gone.

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty View Post
You really need to brush up on players outside of Nashville. Chucko is far from being lucky to be an NHL regular. He made huge strides last year with his skating and offensive play. He has all the makings of being the exact same player as Ward. You're so far off on his ability. And let's not forget that before last year, Joel Ward would've been someone consider a longshot to be an NHL regular. At least Chucko has the pedigree of being a past 1st round pick. His issues is that people knew he would need alot of time to develop and everyone wrote him off too early. He's now showing some of that potential people said he had. On top of that, he was never drafted with the expectation of being a top line player. He was always considered a gritty, physical 3rd liner with some offensive upside. Funny enough, that's exactly what he showed last year and I expect another jump in his development this year. On a final note, Chucko is expected to be an NHL regular this season so I guess that thought you have is gone.
While I agree with most of what you said about Chucko... because he is seriously underrated... no one expects him to be a regular for the Flames this season... in fact I think you will be hard pressed to find ANY Flames fans that project Chucko to make the roster out of camp

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Kritty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatik View Post
While I agree with most of what you said about Chucko... because he is seriously underrated... no one expects him to be a regular for the Flames this season... in fact I think you will be hard pressed to find ANY Flames fans that project Chucko to make the roster out of camp
Well I'm one. I can see him getting serious consideration for the 4th line, although I think another year on the top 2 lines in the AHL is exactly what he needs.

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 07:39 PM
FoxMulder91*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
So Klein and Sulzer are old??
They are not old, but they are like 2-3 years older then the other 3.

The reason why I made an offer is because I would really like Joel Ward to be on the Flames..I like his style of play.

Old
09-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty View Post
Well I'm one. I can see him getting serious consideration for the 4th line, although I think another year on the top 2 lines in the AHL is exactly what he needs.
then you are about he only one... most have given up on him being anything... I think he will be a good 3rd line forward but he needs another season in the AHL for sure... he will not see more than a handful of games this season and only as an injury replacement

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 06:15 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitpik View Post
I'd do this just to have someone on the team with the name "Chucko"
We had the name karma going for us when, like a truly respectable southern franchise, we had a "Bubba" on the team. Bubba Berenzweig.
Then we traded him to Dallas. With a decent run of regular season success we've yet to make it out of the first round...

Coincidence...?

Probably should have kept him around as a healthy scratch.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote