Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Season 09/10

Old
08-13-2009, 05:36 AM
zecke26

vCash: 500
Season 09/10

new season, new thread.

with duisburg finally gone, only 15 teams this year. the financial struggles of many teams along with lower budgets should make the league a bit boring on top with berlin and mannheim, if they are able to justify their payroll on the ice, but in general the league should be more interesting with most teams on one level.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 08:15 AM
Ciccarelli

Matias Loppi signed by the Freezers, interesting, can't recall who was the last finnish forward playing in the DEL...No idea how he'll fit there, he would've been a big question mark in the SM-liiga too next season, had he stayed with HIFK (only produced 8 points in 24 games last season).

Looking at the Frrezers' centers he's got a good chance at taking the no. 1 center position, if everything goes well...

Ciccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 08:49 AM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciccarelli View Post
can't recall who was the last finnish forward playing in the DEL
niinimaki had a 9 game stint in krefeld in 06-07. in 05-06 hede, puhakka and lehtera had short stints in the DEL. but the last finnish forward who played a full season in the DEL as regular was esa tikkanen in 00-01.

Old
08-21-2009, 09:07 AM
Ciccarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
niinimaki had a 9 game stint in krefeld in 06-07. in 05-06 hede, puhakka and lehtera had short stints in the DEL. but the last finnish forward who played a full season in the DEL as regular was esa tikkanen in 00-01.
Oh yeah Niinimäki, I should've recalled that. Had a freakish 13pts in 9 games (sick talent in a lazy guy ).

Old
08-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Sanderson

Here in Hamburg we love our Finns with question marks

Loppi should play with Jason King, at least that would be my guess. Wilm should center Fortier and Aab, like last season, that leaves Barta as the other choice and I don't think he and King fit all that well together.

One forward is still missing, right now it should look like this:
King-Loppi-xxx
Fortier-Wilm-Aab
Tripp-Barta-Mueller
Brandl-Ostwald-Pielmeier

Should be more of a rotation, no clear cut scoring and shut-down lines, with the first three lines obviously getting the most icetime.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Ciccarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderson View Post
King-Loppi-xxx
Seems well balanced, Loppi making the plays with his soft hands, King putting the puck in the net. The missing winger should be a guy with good 2-way play. Bates Battaglia's agent was trying to find him a spot in Europe earlier this summer...

Old
08-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Ciccarelli

Quote:
King-Loppi-xxx
King-Loppi-Kimmo Kuhta??

Old
08-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Dartmouth 02

Looking to go to a game in Koln in mid December...my German is just bad enough that I'm not positive whether tickets are available online yet....I see some games are, through october, but nothing beyond that and not sure if I'm just missing something. Anyone with any insight?

Dartmouth 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2009, 02:16 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartmouth 02 View Post
Looking to go to a game in Koln in mid December...my German is just bad enough that I'm not positive whether tickets are available online yet....I see some games are, through october, but nothing beyond that and not sure if I'm just missing something. Anyone with any insight?
i think you can only buy tickets 60 days ahead or so. but don't worry, the games are never sold out. usually you can buy tickets on gameday. but if you want to buy them before, you can simply wait till october when the december tickets should be available.

the games in mid december are against mannheim (11th), ingolstadt (15th) and augsburg (20th).

Old
08-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
@Dartmouth:
zecke is right. You won't have any problems getting tickets on game-day. If you however have special preferences for seating and want to have decent tickets for the Mannheim game, you should probably buy them in advance. The demand for the Mannheim game will without a doubt be the highest and it's possible that they'll reach up to 15,000 spectators for that game.

If you have any questions about other activities in the Cologne region, just send me a PM.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 05:10 PM
zecke26

gameday 1 is over.

Mannheim - Nürnberg 4:1

close game, the adler a bit lucky. 1st DEL games by denis reul and marc el-sayed

Kassel - Berlin 8:3

surprise of the day, zecke26 pretty happy about it.
tryout mike card with 3 assists, josh soares with his first 2 DEL goals. 20y old goalie markus keller of berlin is the loneliest guy at the moment, although he's not to blame.

Ingolstadt - Düsseldorf 5:2

pat kavanagh with 1g and 3a, leafs draftee holzer -3.

Frankfurt - Augsburg 2:4

maybe someone from the lions guys attended the game and can say something about it. biggest thing was maybe tom kuehnhackl's 1st DEL game.

Wolfsburg - Krefeld 4:3

john laliberte with his first 2 DEL assists, young german defender armin wurm his with 1st DEL game.

Hamburg - Straubing 6:0

finnish forward matias loppi with his 1st DEL assist, elia ostwald with 1g, 1a, but the player of the game without a doubt alex barta with 4 assists.

Iserlohn - Köln 6:5 OT

danish newbie mads christensen with 2g, 2a, michael wolf with 1g, 3a, robert hock with 3a and for cologne ivan ciernik with 2g, 1a in his first DEL game after his 1y stint in the KHL.

a lot of goals, some surprised and most importantly the hockey season is underway.

Old
09-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Owen
Roster Guru

Send a message via ICQ to Owen
Yeah did anyone else see that Kassel thumping of Berlin coming? Because apparently Eisbären didn't! I wonder why Markus Keller was the only goalie dressed for Berlin

(by the way, did Jacek Plachta retire?)

Last edited by Owen: 09-04-2009 at 08:18 PM.
Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-04-2009, 08:30 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen View Post
Yeah did anyone else see that Kassel thumping of Berlin coming? Because apparently Eisbären didn't! I wonder why Markus Keller was the only goalie dressed for Berlin
i did of course.
nah, not really, but that huskies team is nice. i don't expect them to make the POs, but any team that won't take them serious will get their ***** kicked. the huskies are young and hungry.

rob zepp is injured, so keller was expected as starter. but why no backup? no clue. i did expect them to bring albrecht as backup, but he wasn't here.

Quote:
(by the way, did Jacek Plachta retire?)
yeah. his injuries didn't really allow him to continue his career. not sure where he is at the moment. his son is in heilbronn, maybe jacek is with him there.

Old
09-05-2009, 06:41 AM
Snoil11

Quote:
Frankfurt - Augsburg 2:4

maybe someone from the lions guys attended the game and can say something about it. biggest thing was maybe tom kuehnhackl's 1st DEL game.
Pathetic game by the Lions who played heavy-handed , while Augsburg carried by Dennis Endrass showed a straightforward effort and had the better and more effective PP.
Tom Kühnhackl's debut was the only highlight of the day from my POV. He started out on the first line and the first PP-unit, but was demoted to a lower line later in the game. Spoke to some Augsburg fans after the game and his appearance on the first line was an injury-fill-in for the Matt Ryan. He didn't look totally out of place, but it wasn't a stellar game either. He is really quick and has good offensive instincts, but his defensive game needs improvement. He had a great chance in the first period, but he failed miserably on a 2-on-1 breakaway. Apart from that, he was most noticeable, when he was crushed by an open-ice hit by Sean Blanchard who was penalized for elbowing for that hit. He drew another penalty in the third. After all, I would grade his game a C, keeping in mind that it was his first game in the DEL and on top of that against his father's new employer.

Old
09-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
nah, not really, but that huskies team is nice. i don't expect them to make the POs, but any team that won't take them serious will get their ***** kicked. the huskies are young and hungry.
They seemed to still have some polar bear in their stomachs today as they lost 1-5 in Cologne and didn't play all that hungry.

Cologne had a very good game, however, and put a lot of pressure on the Huskies' defense. They cycled the puck for long periods and Kassel kept taking penalties which the Haie took advantage of today. The Huskies on the other hand haven't been able to take advantage of Cologne's sometimes over-confident forecheck to take some pressure away - and once they did Lars Weibel did a very solid job in net for Cologne. He could be one of the league's best keepers this year; small sample size, I know, but he made a great impression on me as a fellow goalie.

Vipers31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 04:35 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
They seemed to still have some polar bear in their stomachs today as they lost 1-5 in Cologne and didn't play all that hungry.
yep, that's exactly what i meant though. they are young. once they achieve something they play not as hard the next game. that's why i don't expect them to make the POs. no consistency.

Old
09-06-2009, 05:02 PM
Snoil11

According to http://lions.frblog.de/, Ilya Vorobiev lost consciousness after a slash from Andre Reiß and suffered a concussion and had to be carried off the ice on a stretcher.
Keeping in mind, that Vorobiev missed most of last season due to a concussion, Frankfurt fans can only hope that he will fully recover soon.

Old
09-06-2009, 05:26 PM
mexicohockey

Eisbaeren recovered well from the loss @ Kassel, a 61 shot barrage against Ingolstadt (Dmitri Patzold had 58 saves ) in a 3:0 shutout victory (Rob Zepp with 26 saves). Jeff Friesen with 1G, 1A. Over 14k audience.

mexicohockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 06:43 PM
ALF AmericanLionsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoil11 View Post
According to http://lions.frblog.de/, Ilya Vorobiev lost consciousness after a slash from Andre Reiß and suffered a concussion and had to be carried off the ice on a stretcher.
Keeping in mind, that Vorobiev missed most of last season due to a concussion, Frankfurt fans can only hope that he will fully recover soon.
This sucks..

ALF AmericanLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 11:56 AM
Sanderson

Quote:
King-Loppi-Kimmo Kuhta??

Having Loppi and Kuhta on the same line could be possible, the rumours definately exist, though it appears that it's mostly the German press quoting the Finnish press.

King wouldn't be on that line though, he found his place with Barta and Mueller, which puts John Tripp next to Loppi, at least for right now.

Sanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 12:36 PM
Ciccarelli

Quote:
Having Loppi and Kuhta on the same line could be possible, the rumours definately exist, though it appears that it's mostly the German press quoting the Finnish press.
Kuhta plays for HIFK if he gets an offer, if not he's off to Hamburg.

Old
09-07-2009, 01:03 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Kuhta plays for HIFK if he gets an offer, if not he's off to Hamburg.
according to the freezers HP it's a done deal now. contract for the current season, no out-clause mentioned.

Old
09-09-2009, 04:13 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Who are the Captains and Alternate Captains of DEL teams?

Hedberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 04:44 PM
Sealink

For Berlin the Captain is Steve Walker and the Alternates are Denis Pederson and Stefan Ustorf. If any of them isn't able to play, Sven Felski will step in as Alternate.
So, nothing new here.

I think Hamburg has one Captain for their home-games and another one for their away-games. One is Alex Barta the other one Clarke Wilm. Not completely sure about it.

I don't know about the other teams.

Sealink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sealink View Post
For Berlin the Captain is Steve Walker and the Alternates are Denis Pederson and Stefan Ustorf. If any of them isn't able to play, Sven Felski will step in as Alternate.
So, nothing new here.

I think Hamburg has one Captain for their home-games and another one for their away-games. One is Alex Barta the other one Clarke Wilm. Not completely sure about it.

I don't know about the other teams.
This is what I have so far:
Frankfurt: C Eric Schneider/A Jason Young/A Michael Bresagk
Iserlohn: C Robert Hock/A Ryan Ready/A Michael Wolf
Krefeld: C Herberts Vasilijevs/A Lynn Loyns/A Roland Verwey
Mannheim: C Colin Forbes/A Sven Butenschon/A Jame Pollock
Straubing: C Bill Trew/A Yannick Tremblay/A Eric Meloche

Last edited by Hedberg: 09-09-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Hedberg is offline   Reply With Quote