HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Value of Michael Peca Signing w/ Kings

Old
08-26-2009, 07:46 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post
It does fit the NES Ice Hockey pattern of skinny guy-medium guy-fat guy though, and that should, for all intents and purposes, account for something.
Fat guy was a very good player for many years on my NES Ice Hockey team, he was no slouch.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Fat guy was a very good player for many years on my NES Ice Hockey team, he was no slouch.
He was a bit slow for my taste but he was the Mario Lemieux of his time.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 08:58 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Stoll-Brown
Purcell-Handzus-Simmonds
Ivanans-Lewis-Clune/Richardson/Westgarth/Zeiler

There is no room for another wing people.....Moller doesn't even fit in this roster....
Neither does Zeiler. I can't go another year seeing that guy throwing bodychecks at the boards.

Fourth line should be:

Richardson/Lewis/Clune or Cliche.

Let's get some speed on that line, instead of lumbering players like Ivanans and Westgarth. Zeiler, he may have speed, but that's it. He's a modern day Craig Johnson. And that's downgrading Johnson.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2009, 11:27 PM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Peca hasn't been the same since he left Buffalo. Trevor Lewis is ready, let him earn the spot at camp.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2009, 03:20 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

I look forward to a Lewis - Richardson combo. No place for Peca in my view.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2009, 03:47 AM
backhander

i'd take him for a mil...don't think it would come that cheap...if he plays well we can keep him or deal him during the season or during the trade deadline. at a small price to have more veteran presence is a plus. i would also like to see lewis come up...it may be as a winger it doesn't matter...i don't really like richardson's play...great skater...cannot finish...and team that has zeiler should consider peca and not to mention harrold (sorry harrold lovers)....

backhander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2009, 04:23 AM
verbalkint47

i agree that every other team in the league would look forword to facing a lewis - richardson combo. seriously, the 4th line as it stands is gonna f 'n suck.

verbalkint47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2009, 10:43 AM
colorfinger

Isn't it nice to be worried about how good/bad the fourth line is going to be instead of fearing that the top six is populated by 4th liners?

While I think Peca could be a good addition, he isn't needed on this team to start the season. Someone like Peca would be good at the deadline if a kid doesn't hack it or on a contender. Right now the Kings are on the cusp and will be fighting for a playoff spot, not contending for the cup. To get to cup contender level, it would be better for a player like Lewis to step up and be a solid bottom sixer than to have Peca hang around for a year and then move on.

If Lewis (or Clune, or Westgarth etc) is ready, he should get the job. That way, when the Kings are in the mode to regularly make the playoffs and compete for the cup, they have an experienced bottom sixer.

Keep in mind, the fourth line sees limited ice time. It isn't going to make or break the season and it isn't unheard of to use the fourth line to develop inexperienced kids. The Wings always seem to be developing kids on the their fourth line and frequently will put two on the fourth line with a Vet. The kings could do that here as well.

colorfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by verbalkint47 View Post
i agree that every other team in the league would look forword to facing a lewis - richardson combo. seriously, the 4th line as it stands is gonna f 'n suck.
Let other teams look forward to the Lewis - Richardson combo. You and they are in for a surprise. I predict these guys will be solid as a short-minutes energy line. I agree with colorfinger's implication that it's the top lines, anyway, that warrant the most concern, putting Lewis & Richardson out there will not be the problem that you surmise.

Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Mike The Franchise

I would laugh my ass off if we sign him

Mike The Franchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 07:41 PM
G'aal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Smyth-Kopitar-Williams
Frolov-Stoll-Brown
Purcell-Handzus-Simmonds
Ivanans-Lewis-Clune/Richardson/Westgarth/Zeiler

There is no room for another wing people.....Moller doesn't even fit in this roster....
This.

G'aal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2009, 11:11 PM
Hollywood

I would be all for signing Peca. Having him would allow a good veteran presence on the 4th line that knows his role.
How many of us hate seeing Kopitar double shifted on the 4th line and then wasting his energy(apparently he is out of shape) and then going back out with his regular line?
First of all i see no reason why Ivanans or Westgarth should even play 40+ games each . MAX....
Doing this puts our fingers in our mouths biting our nails for 6-10 minutes a game. My nails can't handle that again ths year.
It's ridiculous what Murray did last year especially down the stretch.
Peca would allow us a defensive presence while Murray plays his fighters.
If Murray had a clue this year and sat them, I still would be all for Peca. If he gets injured, there's always Lewis....

Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote