HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plekanec gonna play elswhere says Brunet!

Closed Thread

Old
11-09-2004, 08:11 PM
MasterD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan
Bust pure and simple and his faking of an injury has now made the Habs the #1 ENEMY of the referee's.
Trust me, I hate Ribeiro and I hope he'S not here to stay, but had he not do what he did, we wouldn't have come through the Bruins.. he got in their skins, they were hating him instead of playing hockey, he took their focus away from the primary goal.. and we got it

Old
11-09-2004, 08:16 PM
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban

vCash: 700
Pleks will most likely take Dackell or Sundstrom spot , poor Brunet he has nothing to write about....

Old
11-09-2004, 08:31 PM
fred2792

Plekanec will have a chance with the canadien, it's a matter of time. He was one of the last to stay with the team last year and the management like him. He'll have to win his place like other player. In the case of Ribeiro, he just have to keep his job for the moment. We will see... I'm not a big fan of him...

What about Chipchura. He look's good this year although the fact that's in a really bad team. Trevor Timmins did a great job!!

Old
11-09-2004, 09:46 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan
Easy, because Riberio was a BUST inthe playoff's .

His fancy ,smanshy way of playing the game is totallly useless in playoff hockey and the Habs will never win the Cup with players of Riberio's type in the lineup.

Bust pure and simple and his faking of an injury has now made the Habs the #1 ENEMY of the referee's.
Ribeiro had 2 g 1 a

Ryder had 1 g 2 a

if Ribeiro was a bust , so then was Ryder ...curious that nobody mentioned it ...

and if Ribeiro was a playoffs bust , do we have to considere that Koivu is a season Bust , since he didn't bring the team to the playoffs the seasons before ( since he's the center number one )In reality, the only season we were there is the year he didn't play... i don't want to start another Koi-Ribs battle here . i use this example to show you how it is simple to use stats to say something againts a player

No , Ribeiro is not a playoffs bust because he didn't get a lot of points last year ;He will be a playoffs bust after 2-3 seasons with a poor play.DON'T judge from only one season and keep in your mind that he was not alone on his line; it wasn't his entire fault if the line was not producing

Old
11-09-2004, 10:00 PM
MasterD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Ribeiro had 2 g 1 a

Ryder had 1 g 2 a

if Ribeiro was a bust , so then was Ryder ...curious that nobody mentioned it ...

and if Ribeiro was a playoffs bust , do we have to considere that Koivu is a season Bust , since he didn't bring the team to the playoffs the seasons before ( since he's the center number one )In reality, the only season we were there is the year he didn't play... i don't want to start another Koi-Ribs battle here . i use this example to show you how it is simple to use stats to say something againts a player

No , Ribeiro is not a playoffs bust because he didn't get a lot of points last year ;He will be a playoffs bust after 2-3 seasons with a poor play.DON'T judge from only one season and keep in your mind that he was not alone on his line; it wasn't his entire fault if the line was not producing
Ribeiro is a playoff bust because he was nowhere to be seen most of the time. Ryder ain't a playof bust (well, less) because he was always having chances and working hard, it just didn't work too well for him. It was a matter of time. Ribeiro on the other hand did nothing most nights

Old
11-09-2004, 10:09 PM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Ribeiro did nothing in the playoffs? Hmm, we haven't watched the same matches, he did some great passing but no one could finish. The 2nd line didn't produce much in the playoffs and it's because of lack of experience, that's it.

Old
11-09-2004, 10:20 PM
sundaystar

i think its pretty good to have saku, ribiero , Bonk, plekanec, begin. But will it be good enough to be a cup contender, now or someday?

Old
11-09-2004, 11:04 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
Ribeiro had 2 g 1 a

Ryder had 1 g 2 a

The problem here is that your using stats. Forget stats. Anyone that watch the Habs in the playoffs and was happy with the way Ribeiro played should give their head a shake. Yes he did make some good passes, but he was very easily pinned along the boards and was made ineffective for the most part. Why because he's not strong at all.

Ryder struggled to. The entire 2nd line KILLED us in the 2nd round, they had to bring something more and didn't. Gainey has to fix this somehow. My opinion is that Gainey saw this and reacted this summer by getting Bonk. But it's all a waste of time anyways since we may never see the NHL again, or at least for some time so we won't know what the futuer holds for Ribeiro, Ryder, Plekanec, the Habs, the NHL, earth as we know it, etc...

Old
11-10-2004, 12:42 AM
not quite yoda

I don't see why our checking line of the future can't be Higgins-Chipchura-Plekanec

Otherwise, we can also just have Plekanec center one of our lines. With Koivu, Ribeiro and Chipchura centering the other 3. What is wrong with depth?

Old
11-10-2004, 01:38 AM
Nyclaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Anyways its better to discuss how talent should be handled rather than moan about not having it.
All along, I tought you we're being cynical

Old
11-10-2004, 10:06 AM
Malmsteen44

You forgot we gave away Turgeon and his 90 to 100 points for the great GRITTY one Shayne Corson (3 years older & a retread). One of the worst trades in the history of Montreal. Any one who wants to give up a team leading scorer for an unproven player is quite frankly (STOOPID). Get it!!?? STUPID!!

Old
11-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Subban Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov
Ribeiro did nothing in the playoffs? Hmm, we haven't watched the same matches, he did some great passing but no one could finish. The 2nd line didn't produce much in the playoffs and it's because of lack of experience, that's it.
I totally agree with you...Even tough he didnt put great numbers he was always creating good scoring chances for Dags and Ryder!!!

Old
11-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD
Ribeiro is a playoff bust because he was nowhere to be seen most of the time. Ryder ain't a playof bust (well, less) because he was always having chances and working hard, it just didn't work too well for him. It was a matter of time. Ribeiro on the other hand did nothing most nights
This is the post I agree with the most. Remember, Ribeiro scored both his goals in one game. For the other 10 playoff games he had only one assist to show for it. He's the playmaker, and it's unfair to blame Ryder. Ryder had a fair number of shots on or toward the goal and you could see the effort. And as for Ribeiro's chum Dagenais, he was so horrible in the playoffs that he spent a fair amount of time on the bench. So much for chemistry.

It wasn't just statistics thaqt made the difference between Koivu and Ribeiro. I'm sure that everyone noticed that Koivu's play was inspired despite his playing with cracked ribs, whereas Ribs was just plain cracked. :lol Ribeiro's writhing and trash talk were an embarrassment and prejudiced the refs against his team.

Old
11-10-2004, 04:53 PM
Fugazi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
Koivu's play was inspired despite his playing with cracked ribs, whereas Ribs was just plain cracked
Don't forget the bruised lung too! And lets make sure Joe Thornton doesn't forget either, remember the way Mike Sullivan talked about Thornton like he was Terry Fox or something, playing through pain that was only half of what Koivu was playing through. Crap! I'm ranting about last year’s playoffs.

Old
11-10-2004, 06:21 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey
He's the playmaker, and it's unfair to blame Ryder. Ryder had a fair number of shots on or toward the goal and you could see the effort. And as for Ribeiro's chum Dagenais, he was so horrible in the playoffs that he spent a fair amount of time on the bench. So much for chemistry.

It wasn't just statistics thaqt made the difference between Koivu and Ribeiro. I'm sure that everyone noticed that Koivu's play was inspired
and who was giving the puck to Ryder since he had a fair number of shots ??? Ribeiro , who was the playmaker as you said ...and as you also said , Dagenais was so horrible , so i don't see why put the blame on Ribeiro

Koivu was inspired ? yes , but i think that it was more Kovy that was the leader and was inspired.

Closed Thread