HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Defense

Old
09-08-2009, 03:25 PM
ginner classic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Agreed. My question is, would Nashville POSSIBLY trade Rinne if they felt that Pickard would be a better player in the future? We know about Nashville's revolving door at goal but it could be interesting with Nashville's goalie depth.

I know some believe that Nashville won't be able to sign Rinne to an extension but Ellis will be gone next year, that's about a million off the cap for Rinne. Hamhuis may be gone but I think he's a priority too. I think Nashville would rather trade Klein/Franson/Laasko to make room for Blum than to lose Hamhuis. Most of the players coming off the books next year are bottom 6 forwards. (Tootoo, Guite, Belak) Not much money but just enough to get Rinne signed.
What is the Predators 'internal' cap number or have they never stated that in public? I assume there is one at or near the NHL cap floor. Any indications?

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 03:35 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
What is the Predators 'internal' cap number or have they never stated that in public? I assume there is one at or near the NHL cap floor. Any indications?
Most of the indications are about 45 Million. I figure it gives Poile a buffer of 3 million for call-ups and a deadline trade.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 03:52 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
No, it isn't made public. However, we do know that we absolutely cannot exceed the cap mid-point ($48.8) by season's end in order to qualify for full revenue sharing. But as for an actual dollar amount, we don't know for sure. As Cat said, it's probably around 45-46, similar to last season.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote