HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes Financial/Ownership Situation #6

Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2009, 07:37 PM
fanner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Really? A hundred and fifty million dollar joke, huh? Man, those guys really will do anything for a laugh, won't they?
Like I said...

NHL vs RimJim. This will be interesting. Judge Baum has a really tough call either way...

Old
09-08-2009, 07:42 PM
fanner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTurris View Post
The current troll in on my ignore list, so I have missed much of it.
Not sure if you are referring to me but I ajust trying to engage in a non-emotional, non-name calling discussion on why they have been unsuccessful and why no one else has stepped up? Respectfully challenging each others opinions or responding to each others questions in an open-minded manner does not seem like trolling to me. If my questions/comments offended that was not my intent....no need to block me, I'll leave.

Old
09-08-2009, 07:46 PM
indczn

I suspect he's referring to who I replied to...

Old
09-08-2009, 07:50 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanner View Post
Like I said...

NHL vs RimJim. This will be interesting. Judge Baum has a really tough call either way...
Maybe it was CoG that was the joke rather than IE. You don't have any better an idea than I do.

Old
09-08-2009, 07:51 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Like I said...

He doesn't seem to like those. Maybe he'll skip town.

Old
09-08-2009, 07:56 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Ice Edge being out is bad and it's not just becuase I was up for the idea of seeing S'toon "home games".

It's now come down to a ruling on whether Baum thinks the banko court has the power to force a partnership with Balsillie. If he does JB wins the bid. If he doesn't the NHL get's the team and we all turn our attention to how sincere they are in trying to find an owner commited to making it work in Glendale, or if everyone is right that they will turn around and move it after the season.

Old
09-08-2009, 07:59 PM
zz

This is not looking good at all. I wouldn't be surprised at this point if the CoG decided to take JB's money and run, because there is absolutely no guarantee they'll get a whole lot more from Bettman when the NHL decides to move the team.

I think Balsillie will get the team for $ 270-300 M (new bid + $ 30-50 M reloc fee). The NHL will appeal the judge's decision, and the legal battle will keep going for months. I do see Balsillie winning the case in the end. With the CoG's support, and if Balsillie is willing to pay the relocation fee the judge sets, it's going to be very difficult for the NHL to defend their case.

What a debacle.

Old
09-08-2009, 07:59 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Our only hope now is that the league wont allow itself to be force-fed an owner simply because he has a lot of $$$. Not something I'd bank on. If Moyes hadn't poisoned the well so damn much we wouldn't be having this conversation.

There's no way the NHL loses on appeal, so we're in for a ride. The NHL will just continue to run the team in the meantime until the matter is settled.

Old
09-08-2009, 08:00 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Yote View Post
Ice Edge being out is bad and it's not just becuase I was up for the idea of seeing S'toon "home games".

It's now come down to a ruling on whether Baum thinks the banko court has the power to force a partnership with Balsillie. If he does JB wins the bid. If he doesn't the NHL get's the team and we all turn our attention to how sincere they are in trying to find an owner commited to making it work in Glendale, or if everyone is right that they will turn around and move it after the season.
If Balsillie wins the auction does that really mean that he's allowed to move the team to Hamilton? I mean, isn't that a whole new set of hearings and lawsuits and all kinds of other long drawn out ********? Seems like par for the course, so far.

Old
09-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
If Balsillie wins the auction does that really mean that he's allowed to move the team to Hamilton? I mean, isn't that a whole new set of hearings and lawsuits and all kinds of other long drawn out ********? Seems like par for the course, so far.
If Ballsy wins then yes, immediate appeal and more long drawn out process. We might know how that turns out for the start of next season.

Old
09-08-2009, 08:20 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

Quote:
Not sure if you are referring to me but I ajust trying to engage in a non-emotional, non-name calling discussion on why they have been unsuccessful and why no one else has stepped up? Respectfully challenging each others opinions or responding to each others questions in an open-minded manner does not seem like trolling to me. If my questions/comments offended that was not my intent....no need to block me, I'll leave.
Not you man, its all about the other guy.

Old
09-08-2009, 08:20 PM
zyllyx
STH Hipster

IceEdge dropping out of the bidding doesn't mean they can't work with the league if the NHL wins. Remember, the bidding process was so rushed that just getting the paperwork together took longer than the original deadlines allowed.

Old
09-08-2009, 08:41 PM
ParisSaintGermain

I can't see the NHL changing its point of view now. I imagine that there are 29 owners that are looking at this very closely. Those owners may not care that the Coyotes are dead financially but they probably do care a lot if a precedent is set through court that may have an impact on their own franchises should they struggle in the future.

Old
09-08-2009, 08:44 PM
Alberta Yote
Owns the Yotes

goodbye thread 6

Old
09-08-2009, 08:48 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey