HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Offer Sheets? Anyone?

Old
09-07-2009, 02:26 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

vCash: 500
I think the blogger who suggests that the threat of an offer sheet may force a deal is spot on. Toronto wants Kessel. Of course, if I was Boston, I might just take Toronto's 1st 3 picks for Kessel. That number one could end up being a very high pick.

Burke would never lay an offer sheet on Sather.

One other possibility -- Drew Stafford is also an RFA. No love lost between Toronto and Buffalo. Threat is in play here also.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 03:46 PM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
I think people are being foolish if they believe a friendship would keep Burke from signing Dubinsky to an offer sheet if he really wanted Dubinsky.

It's business.
NHL GM dealings are all about reputation/relationships, especially b/w the GM's who have been in the league a long time. No way this goes down.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 06:56 PM
MSG the place to be*

HF overrates draft picks like nobody else. I dont know the exact percentages but its ~65% of first round picks play the amount of games that Dubinsky has played ALREADY. Dubinsky will never hurt us against the cap and fulfills a second line C role perfectly. I would only be interested if I knew it was a top 6-7 pick.

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-07-2009, 10:48 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
If we got Dubinsky for a 1st and 3rd... where do I sign up and who do i have to shoot... just point at em, it will be done...
This. And I'll lend you my gun... Hell, you can keep it.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 11:31 AM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXHOUND View Post
1st, which players of ours do we not have enough money to sign? That was a dumb comment

2nd, Right now theres not much there, but a few years down the line when Luke Schenn is an RFA...

It's a moot point anyways
1: Brandon Dubinsky

2: Burke will never leave the Leafs vulnerable to losing Luke Schenn. He's the centerpiece of the franchise.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-08-2009, 11:48 AM
Mjollnir9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
1: Brandon Dubinsky

2: Burke will never leave the Leafs vulnerable to losing Luke Schenn. He's the centerpiece of the franchise.
1.We have the money to sign Dubinsky. He fully intends on being a Ranger, and has stated that he is not surprised the negotiations are taking this long, as the Ranger's roster overhaul left many issues to be worked out. There is no major rift according to Dubi, and he is happy to be a Ranger and ready to compete. (of course why wouldn't he say that)
2.Like he said, moot point... Also, i agree with previous posters about Dubinsky being worth more to this team than a 1st and 3rd, considering the overall crap-shoot reality of the draft, and Sather's less than stellar history. Dubi is a solid player, that has proven he will have a productive, if not awesome career.

Mjollnir9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 03:01 AM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
If dubi was signed to an offer sheet that would bring back a 1 and a 3 I think I would take the picks reluctantly. I'd hate to lose dubi for picks but I just don't think his play would be worth the money and in a cap world can't over pay too much especially when there's already 5 big contracts on this team.

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2009, 03:22 AM
RyanBozak

Send a message via AIM to RyanBozak
I really don't think we can even afford to have Dubi sign another offer sheet, even if it does bring back a first and change. Losing him does mean more cap space, sure, but who the hell do we sign as our first/second center with that money? I think there's more of an upside to him signing and providing a role for the Rangers than us getting something in return for him.

RyanBozak is offline   Reply With Quote