HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Line Predictions (2009/10 Season)

Closed Thread

Old
09-07-2009, 06:35 PM
F L Y E R S
Orange & Black

vCash: 500
Someone posted this lineup in another thread.

Gagne-Briere(Giroux)-Lappy
Harts-Carts-Briere(giroux)
JVR-Richards-Maroon
Carcillo-Powe-SmashumAshum

I'd like to see this lineup. Bring up both, JVR and Maroon.Flyers would have 4 awesome lines.

Old
09-07-2009, 07:50 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by F L Y E R S View Post
Someone posted this lineup in another thread.

Gagne-Briere(Giroux)-Lappy
Harts-Carts-Briere(giroux)
JVR-Richards-Maroon
Carcillo-Powe-SmashumAshum

I'd like to see this lineup. Bring up both, JVR and Maroon.Flyers would have 4 awesome lines.
how can they have 4 awesome lines when maroon and jvr havent proven ****? please explanin that. lappy hurts that line more than he helps it and in no way shape or form can play with those 2 for any long stretch. game or 2 sure but that is about it. the fact remains the flyers have a lot of 4th line guys. kalinski, ward, bell, pyorala and the ones mentioned. hopefulyl 2 of them step up and can play the 3rd line. i like the bell move and think that will be a move that pans out. this team is going to struggle a little scoring goals.

Old
09-07-2009, 08:00 PM
jb**

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Yes he did... go ask Yote fans? He played next to Doan and Jokenen a good amount of times, but didnt do well. He also was put on the PP which they struggled on. Dont know where you got your info from.

Kaspar had 2 goals and 2 assists playing in 13 games (3 games on Thornton's line) while Carcillo had 4 assists in 20 games (playing around 5+ games next to Giroux/Briere.) Not really shows how better Carcillo is...

Carcillo isnt a top 6 guy, no matter how much he likes to pound people. That's the reason he wasnt top 6 on the damn Coyotes. If he is progressing great, then why did Powe outbeat him on a Top 9 part? Why did Asham out beat him on a Top 9 spot also?

Lappy hit 20 goals once in 17 seasons. What makes you think that a now 35 yr old is going to hit 26 goals. Too many Flyers fans fantasize about the players we get. Players who bairly hit 20 points are now on the Flyers so they should hit 40/50. Thats not how it works. On a team who's even strength was one of the worse in the league, we are not gonna make ****** players good.

I cant believe I am argueing with someone over Carcillo being top 6 on this team... You gotta be kidding me...
your makign logical points. stop or the fans will be upset. lappy can very well be turner stevenson this year. also does anyoen have any confidence that stevens can adjust the liens to the players strong points or even help elevate and improve their play? i dont. if stevens is still here by feb, carcillo will be traded. like eager and downie before him.

Old
09-07-2009, 09:54 PM
maudlin

Just for fun, what pre-season lines would you like to see? Not for a real game, just something to see?

I'm gonna go with...

Briere-Giroux-Carter

Old
09-07-2009, 10:12 PM
CanadianFlyersFan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
how can they have 4 awesome lines when maroon and jvr havent proven ****? please explanin that. lappy hurts that line more than he helps it and in no way shape or form can play with those 2 for any long stretch. game or 2 sure but that is about it. the fact remains the flyers have a lot of 4th line guys. kalinski, ward, bell, pyorala and the ones mentioned. hopefulyl 2 of them step up and can play the 3rd line. i like the bell move and think that will be a move that pans out. this team is going to struggle a little scoring goals.

How does Lappy hurt playing with Briere and gagne... Expand your point please. IMO he opens the ice up, protects them and gives them the much need space. Richards can teach JVR and Maroon ways to succeed so I don't see that hurting the Flyers in anyway. Id rather have 2 unprove rookies with better skills sets playing on the 3rd line then goofs like Asham, Carcillo

Old
09-08-2009, 12:50 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Betts invited to Flyers training camp.

http://twitter.com/philabright
http://twitter.com/JimCerny

I'm quite happy.

Old
09-08-2009, 12:52 PM
kicksave27

I'd like betts more than carcillo.

Old
09-08-2009, 01:50 PM
jd2210
Registered Non User

If it's true that he is coming to camp I like it. Big, decent at F.O's, sound defensively. What more could you want in 4th line center?

Old
09-08-2009, 11:45 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

what does everyone think about these ideas?

Gagne - Richards - Giroux
Hartnell - Carter - Briere
Maroon/JvR/Pyoralla - Powe - Asham
Carcillo - Betts - Lapperriere

bear with me, as i'm about to think out loud...

1) I don't think there's any way Richards plays the 3rd line. That would be a waste and a very poor idea.
2) The problem is that the 3rd line lacks stability, especially when compared to last year...
3) A 4th line of Carcillo, Betts and Lapperriere would be a shutdown line to compete for the title of best 4th line in the league IMO.
4) I don't think Briere and Giroux will be put together because a, they're both small and b, they're both very gifted playmakers, and shifting them apart will only benefit their respective lines.
5) Another problem arises if you want to put Giroux at the Center position. Do we have enough quality wingers to play with Giroux so that we aren't wasting his talent putting him on a line with Carcillo, Asham or Powe? Does Maroon/JvR/Pyoralla step up?

If Betts is signed, what does that say for the line combos?
I want people to pick apart my lines the way i did because they are very top heavy and leave the 3rd line with some instability, and if Giroux is Centering the 3rd line, the entire bottom 6 could become shakey...

Thoughts?

Old
09-08-2009, 11:57 PM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsCannon View Post

Thoughts?
Not bad. Switch Laperriere and Asham and it could work. They are going to give Lappy a bigger role, and Asham could still be the odd man out if anyone surprises at camp.

That said, they want Giroux at C, so it may still take some more juggling.

Old
09-09-2009, 12:09 AM
orange is better
than other colors...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
Not bad. Switch Laperriere and Asham and it could work. They are going to give Lappy a bigger role, and Asham could still be the odd man out if anyone surprises at camp.

That said, they want Giroux at C, so it may still take some more juggling.
yeah i brought that up as an area of concern.

Old
09-09-2009, 12:17 AM
smacklby

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsCannon View Post

1) I don't think there's any way Richards plays the 3rd line. That would be a waste and a very poor idea.
2) The problem is that the 3rd line lacks stability, especially when compared to last year...
3) A 4th line of Carcillo, Betts and Lapperriere would be a shutdown line to compete for the title of best 4th line in the league IMO.
4) I don't think Briere and Giroux will be put together because a, they're both small and b, they're both very gifted playmakers, and shifting them apart will only benefit their respective lines.
5) Another problem arises if you want to put Giroux at the Center position. Do we have enough quality wingers to play with Giroux so that we aren't wasting his talent putting him on a line with Carcillo, Asham or Powe? Does Maroon/JvR/Pyoralla step up?

If Betts is signed, what does that say for the line combos?
I want people to pick apart my lines the way i did because they are very top heavy and leave the 3rd line with some instability, and if Giroux is Centering the 3rd line, the entire bottom 6 could become shakey...

Thoughts?
I like those top two lines, with a 3rd line shutdown line and 4th:

Nodl - Powe - Lapperriere (shutdown line)
Carcillo - Matsumoto - Asham

Maroon/JvR/Pyoralla callups - if JVR and/or Maroon are NHL ready (i wouldn't think so) then 3 scoring lines and a shutdown line, something like:

Hartnell - Carter - Giroux
Gagne - Richards - JVR
Maroon - Briere - Pyoralla/Kaspar/Carcillo/Asham

Extras:
Pyoralla - Carcillo - Matsumoto - Asham - Cote - Kalinski - Kaspar

Old
09-09-2009, 12:40 AM
SolidSnakeUS

Seriously, Betts would be an amazing addition. I would take him over Dingle or someone else because he is big and defensively sound.

Gagne-Richards-JvR/Maroon/Pyorala/Kaspar/Nodl
Hartnell-Carter-LaPerriere
Powe-Giroux-Briere
Carcillo-Betts-Asham

Old
09-09-2009, 12:43 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by smacklby View Post
I like those top two lines, with a 3rd line shutdown line and 4th:

Carcillo - Matsumoto - Asham

Maroon/JvR/Pyoralla callups - if JVR and/or Maroon are NHL ready (i wouldn't think so) then 3 scoring lines and a shutdown line, something like:

Hartnell - Carter - Giroux
Gagne - Richards - JVR
Maroon - Briere - Pyoralla/Kaspar/Carcillo/Asham

Extras:
Pyoralla - Carcillo - Matsumoto - Asham - Cote - Kalinski - Kaspar
I think Nodl starts off in the AHL for the beginning of the season unless he drastically improved.

Old
09-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Spongolium*
Potato Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnakeUS View Post
Seriously, Betts would be an amazing addition. I would take him over Dingle or someone else because he is big and defensively sound.

Gagne-Richards-JvR/Maroon/Pyorala/
Powe-Giroux-Briere
Carcillo-Betts-Asham
Perfect. That is a team capable of winning a lot. They have size, strength, goal scoring finesse and a heck of allot of speed.

Old
09-09-2009, 07:21 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:

Powe-Giroux-Briere
Carcillo-Betts-Asham
man, i would love it if JVR made the team. what better player than richards to help him adjust to the NHL.

still, even if he isn't ready, the other 3 lines are great. I've been a huge proponent of the Powe-Giroux-Briere line. Speed kills.

Old
09-09-2009, 09:20 AM
Morinisbear

Some more thoughts. Not saying it is exactly what I want, but there are so many options out there now, it is unreal. Wait until we get Forsberg...GEEZ

gagne - giroux - briere
hartnell - carter - powe
carcillo - richards - lappy
cote - betts - asham

gagne - richards - giroux
hartnell - carter - lappy
powe - briere - jvr/maroon/pyro/dingle/nodl/whoever
carcillo - betts - asham

Old
09-09-2009, 10:19 AM
CantSeeColors

Quote:

Powe-Giroux-Briere
Carcillo-Betts-Asham
This is how I see it going down, except with the top two RWs flipped. Richards and Gagne are going to go against top lines and I envision iLap out there with them just to make games hell for the other team's stars.

Old
09-09-2009, 10:31 AM
DUHockey9

Everyone keeps putting together a "shutdown" line that isn't Richards. I can't see a possible scenario in which Richards isn't the guy "shutting down" another teams top line.

Old
09-09-2009, 10:46 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Everyone keeps putting together a "shutdown" line that isn't Richards. I can't see a possible scenario in which Richards isn't the guy "shutting down" another teams top line.
Yep. It's pointless to stack the top 6 and make a "traditional" 3rd line because a) we don't have the players to make that line, and b) richards and gagne will be filling that role

Old
09-09-2009, 10:48 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
The thing is, management, I think, doesnt see Richards as a pure shutdown guy like some people on here do. Thats the reason he is still on the first line, and last year played with Gagne and Knuble who, while good at shuting down people, I dont think were put on the first line to do that. Is Richards a shut down guy? Yes. But I dont think management sees him like that. He wont be playing third line.

Old
09-09-2009, 10:49 AM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
The thing is, management, I think, doesnt see Richards as a pure shutdown guy like some people on here do. Thats the reason he is still on the first line, and last year played with Gagne and Knuble who, while good at shuting down people, I dont think were put on the first line to do that. Is Richards a shut down guy? Yes. But I dont think management sees him like that. He wont be playing third line.
Richards is like Datsyuk. He is a shutdown guy, but he is your first line Center who shuts people down in his end.

Not some John Madden 3rd liner.

Old
09-09-2009, 10:53 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Did you watch the last two seasons? Richards line was always out there against the Crosby's, etc of hockey. If he wasn't supposed to be "shutting down" the oppositions top scorers, then who was?

Old
09-09-2009, 10:54 AM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post
Richards is like Datsyuk. He is a shutdown guy, but he is your first line Center who shuts people down in his end.

Not some John Madden 3rd liner.
Yes I agree with that. I just see alot of people playing him pretty much by himself, on the third line. I just dont see Stevens putting our captain and leader with players that might be 4th line borderline 3rd.

If anything, I think we start the season like this

Gagne-Richards
Hartnell-Carter

Now its a guess if he decides to put Briere-Giroux together or spread them out on the top 2 lines.

Old
09-09-2009, 10:56 AM
BringBackStevens

Quote:
Yes I agree with that. I just see alot of people playing him pretty much by himself, on the third line. I just dont see Stevens putting our captain and leader with players that might be 4th line borderline 3rd.

If anything, I think we start the season like this

Gagne-Richards
Hartnell-Carter

Now its a guess if he decides to put Briere-Giroux together or spread them out on the top 2 lines.
Its a no brainer. Our 3rd line would be junk on offense and not reliable enough on defense to match lines, so whats the point?

Closed Thread