Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Central Europe Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland, Hungary, Italy

OT: Slovakia at the 2010 Football World Cup

Old
05-19-2009, 01:07 PM
slovakiasnextone

vCash: 500
OT: Slovakia at the 2010 World Cup

Ok, I know this is kind of OT, but I just wanted to keep this central European boards alive , after all it is just Kamzik and me posting lately. So will Slovakia finally qualify for a major tournament? Are the Czechs going to solve their problems in the near future?? Will San Marino somehow get a point?

Current table:
1.Northern Ireland 13p (7GP)
2.Slovakia 12p (5GP)
3.Poland 10p (6GP)
4.Czech republic 8p (6GP)
5.Slovenia 8p (6GP)
6. San Marino 0p (6GP)

Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 08-29-2010 at 05:22 PM.
slovakiasnextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2009, 01:09 PM
slovakiasnextone

Slovakia- San Marino, Slovakia´s preliminary roster

Nominácia slovenskej futbalovej reprezentácie na kvalifikačné stretnutie MS 2010 proti San Marínu (6. júna 2009, 17.30 h, Tehelné pole v Bratislave):
brankári: Ján Mucha ml. (Legia Varšava/Poľ.), Ľuboš Kamenár (Artmedia Petržalka), Štefan Senecký (Ankaraspor/Tur.), Dušan Perniš (MŠK Žilina)
obrancovia: Peter Pekarík (VfL Wolfsburg/Nem.), Marián Čišovský (Politechnika Temešvár/Rum.), Martin Škrtel (FC Liverpool/Angl.), Martin Dobrotka (Slovan Bratislava), Kornel Saláta (Artmedia Petržalka), Ján Ďurica (Lokomotiv Moskva), Radoslav Zabavník (Terek Groznyj/Rus.), Mário Pečalka (MŠK Žilina), Marek Čech (WBA/Angl.)
stredopoliari: Dušan Švento (Slávia Praha/ČR), Zdeno Štrba (MŠK Žilina), Miroslav Karhan (1. FSV Mainz/Nem.), Marek Sapara (Rosenborg Trondheim/Nór.), Juraj Kucka (Sparta Praha/ČR), Marek Hamšík (SSC Neapol/Tal.), Ján Kozák ml., Branislav Obžera (obaja Slovan Bratislava), Marek Mintál (1. FC Norimberg/Nem.), Miroslav Stoch (FC Chelsea/Angl.).
útočníci: Juraj Halenár (Slovan Bratislava), Filip Hološko (Besiktas Istanbul/Tur.), Róbert Vittek (OSC Lille/Fr.), Martin Jakubko (FK Moskva), Erik Jendrišek (1. FC Kaiserslautern/Nem.), Ján Novák (MFK Košice)

Hopefully, Weiss will play Stoch from the beginning, he looked great in the few minutes against Czech rep.

Old
06-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Wilfrid Laurier

Greetings SlovakiaForever.
For the first time I feel quite hopeful that Slovakia has a good chance of winning the group. The squad overall looks quite strong and in Stoch and Hamsik I feel that Slovakia finally has 2 players with the creative potential of succeeding Moravcik.
I think Slovakia could surprise play a similar role as Czech Republic did in Euro96 with a young Poborsky and Nedved.

Wilfrid Laurier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2009, 02:29 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfrid Laurier View Post
Greetings SlovakiaForever.
For the first time I feel quite hopeful that Slovakia has a good chance of winning the group.
Well, it´s what we´re all hoping for, but knowing the typical breakdown of Slovak sportsmen, I wouldn´t say anything yet.

Quote:
I think Slovakia could surprise play a similar role as Czech Republic did in Euro96 with a young Poborsky and Nedved.
Nah, I think it´s okay if we just finally make it to the tournament, no need to surprise that much.

Quote:
The squad overall looks quite strong and in Stoch and Hamsik I feel that Slovakia finally has 2 players with the creative potential of succeeding Moravcik.
Well, hopefully, you re right. And don´t forget Man City´s superkid Vlad Weiss
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu-p9LiHot0

Old
09-05-2009, 04:10 PM
Kamzik

I watched the 2-2 tie this evening between the Czechs and Slovaks. A good result for Slovakia, I thought perhaps the Czechs deserved better. It is nearly impossible now for the Czechs to qualify for the World Cup. Slovakia still sits comfortably on top of the group after Northern Ireland and Poland split points in Poland.

I was impressed by the young Weiss. He is small, really fast, and a good technical player. I didn't understand why Hamsik got a yellow after his goal and then kicked out of the game. I thought Mucha was great for SVK.

Kamzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-05-2009, 05:12 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamzik View Post
I watched the 2-2 tie this evening between the Czechs and Slovaks. A good result for Slovakia, I thought perhaps the Czechs deserved better. It is nearly impossible now for the Czechs to qualify for the World Cup. Slovakia still sits comfortably on top of the group after Northern Ireland and Poland split points in Poland.

I was impressed by the young Weiss. He is small, really fast, and a good technical player. I didn't understand why Hamsik got a yellow after his goal and then kicked out of the game. I thought Mucha was great for SVK.
I wouldn´t really say that the Czechs deserved better. Yes, they started the game with a lot of pressure, but they had to, it was them who HAD to win this game and they had like a million of corners and managed only one serious goal scoring opportunity from it. After our boys woke up the game was pretty even, the Czechs didn´t dominate until we were one man down, then we were just too scared. The game migh have gone the one way or the other, a draw was desrved here for both sides. IMO yes I can already hear the Czechs saying that if there wouldn´t be for that stupid foul on Zabavnik, Hamsik wouldn´t have scored, however they do forget that if there wasn´t for that Hamsik wouldn´t have been sent off and who knows what would have happened after that. There´s no point in thinking about the if´s.....

Hamsik got his first yellow card because he celebrated the goal behind the line with fans, but it was an idiotic card, Orebro was probably trying to make up for the penalty he awarded us as the narrator on Czech TV noted, Orebro would have to give a yellow card to the whole Slovakia squad.

About Weiss Jr., yes he was real good, especially in the first half, though he cooled off slowly in the 2nd, too bad for the situation when he was in front of the net, maybe he should have tried to shoot sooner. But a great qualification debut and a well desrved standing ovation from the fans.

I can´t really wait to see him and Stoch both play together one day. I was sorry we didn´t get to see Stoch play, but well the situation didn´t allow it.

Mucha saved our ass a few times, but the guy that I was really impressed with was Rado Zabavnik, really reliable plus he got us the penalty. Pekarik´s lack of games was quite visible.

Hamsik was his normal self, but that red card......

Sestak looked like he was drugged or something especially in the first half, bt he did score the goal.

Vittek, argh well, nice pass for the goal, but other than that.........

We gotta win against Norn Ireland on Wednesday, the loss of Hamsik is a huge blow, but hopefully Karhan will be alright by then.
I know that there is a lot of people not exactly fond of Miro, but I think it was visible at some points that we were missing some elderly guidance. (Almost makes me feel sorry about the whole Mintal situation)

But this squad is really hopefull and they could grow into something one day.

One other good news for the day, the U21 team defeated Serbia away in the WHC U21/Olympics qualifiers 2:1 and that without Stoch and Weiss Jr.A real upset that one

As for the Czechs, well their chances aren´t completely buried yet, but..... maybe it would be better for them if they don´t make. Today showed that bringing back the old players like Koller is not the way, maybe they should rather try to work with guys like Necid etc. I kinda feel sorry for Koller, he made a lot for the Czech team, but he probably we´ll get a lot of bad reviews after today. It looks like he really is finished with the NT now as he has anounced retirment.

Old
09-05-2009, 05:26 PM
slovakiasnextone

I forgot about fans:
I think that our fans might to better next time with a little bit more of cheering on their own rather than whostling out the opponents, but it seemed quite a good atmosphere.

According to reports, Czech and Slovak fans chanted things like: "CzechoSlovakia" or "We are brothers" in a few Bratislava pubs.

Also after the game the Slovak players went to the Czech fans to thank them for (co-) creating a good atmosphere and got ovations from the Czechs in return.

A real nice display of brotherhood today in Bratislava.

Old
09-05-2009, 07:21 PM
Wilfrid Laurier

Well, today was my first game watching Slovakia in a few years, the first time I got to see the young talents. My impression, clearly the Slovak midfield has skill which was evident especially in 1v1 situations, but I felt that they didn't work together as well as they could have. The weren't patient enough to keep possession for longer periods of time to wait for better opportunities to attack. Of course, the condition of the pitch which looked awful on the computer could have had something to do with it.

Also, too much panic after they took the leads, players running out of position, dangerous tackles flying in, not thinking about what they are doing. I hope this is the youth showing and that in time they will play with more composure in these situations.

I was not impressed with Hamsik with the stupid yellow for the celebration. I assume that he is suspended for the next game against N. Ireland, probably the most important game so far.

As for the Czechs, they will always have a pretty good team but clearly they are going through a rebuild and don't have anyone who can take over from Nedved and Poborsky. Their first goal was pretty well worked but bad positional play from Slovakia at the same time. Overall, I think a deserved draw.

Old
09-07-2009, 03:56 AM
slovakiasnextone

Wilfrid Laurier, well that is nothing new,I mean the impatience, they all still have loads to learn, for example "little Vladko" (Škrtel seriosuly called Weiss Jr. thus on Tv) needs to hear about something like passing the ball. And I think it might have been also because they were missing some guidance since Karhan was missing. Yeahm the pitch is always horrible and it usually costs as a lot. (i.e. against last home game against Poland Vittek was all alone in front of Boruc, but he slipped because of the horrible pitch.

Yes, you´re right about the panic, I think it´s because they are just too happy and not that used in being in such a situation.

As for Hamsik, he said that he always does that in Italy and he was never booked for it,it´s not like he put off his shirt. I´m not really angry at him for that, I´m definitely way more sorry of him commiting such a foul after he just got the yellow card.:

Yes, he is out for Northern Ireland and I´ve heard that maybe also against Slovenia at home.

As for the Czechs, I really would love to be able to cheer on them for the 2nd place, but after reading and hearing their words after the game, I just can´t. Always blaming the referee, our players and everyone else except themselves and saying those idiotic IF´s, such a bunch of crybabies.

Nevermind them, we have to concentrate on Northern Ireland now. If we win and Poland draws Slovenia, we would be qualified for the WC. Not very likely, but there is a chance. But if we get 4 points from the next three games and if we assume that the Czechs win all their remaining games, we should still manage to hold on to the first spot.

Current table:
Slovakia 7GP 16PTS
Northern Ireland 8GP 14PTS
Slovenia 7GP 11PTS
Poland 7GP 11PTS
Czech republic 7GP
-------------------
San Marino 8GP 0

There has been changes in Slovakia´s squad, except for Hamsik missing, also Kosice striker Jan Novak has left the squad because of injury, Pecalka from Zilina and Salata from Slovan were recalled to the squad. Hamsik absence gives us a chance that we might see both Weiss Jr. and Stoch togetehr on the pitch and Karhan should be fit for Wednesday.

Slovakia squad for Wednesday:
Goalkeepers:Ján Mucha ml. (Legia Varšava/Poland), Ľuboš Kamenár (FC Nantes/France-1)

Defenders: Martin Škrtel (FC Liverpool/Premier League), Peter Pekarík (VfL Wolfsburg/Budnesliga), Radoslav Zabavník (Terek Groznyj/Russia), Csaba Horváth (ADO Den Haag/Eredivisie), Ján Ďurica (Lokomotiv Moskva/Russia), Marek Čech (West Bromwich Albion/England-1), Ľuboš Hanzel (Schalke 04/Budnesliga)

Midfielders: Miroslav Karhan (1. FSV Mainz/Bundesliga), Vladimír Weiss ml. (Manchester City/Premier League), Miroslav Stoch (FC Twente Enschede/Eredivisie), Marek Sapara (Rosenborg Trondheim/Norway), Zdeno Štrba (Škoda Xanthi/Greece), Kamil Kopúnek (Spartak Trnava/Corgoň Liga), Mário Pečalka (MŠK Žilina/Corgoň Liga), Kornel Saláta (ŠK Slovan Bratislava/Corgoň Liga).

Forwards: Stanislav Šesták (VfL Bochum/Germany), Filip Hološko (Besiktas Istanbul/Turkey), Róbert Vittek (OSC Lille/France), Erik Jendrišek (1. FC Kaiserslautern/Germany-1)

Nornthern Ireland squad:
Goalkeepers:
Taylor (Birmingham),
Mannus (Shamrock Rovers),
Tuffey (Partick)

Defenders:
Craigan (Motherwell),
Hughes (Fulham),
McAuley (Ipswich),
McGivern (Man City),
Baird (Fulham),
Evans (Man United),
McCartney (Sunderland),
Coates (Crusaders)

Midfielders:
McCann (Scunthorpe),
Brunt (West Brom),
McGinn (Celtic),
Clingan (Coventry),
Johnson (Birmingham),
Davis (Rangers)

Forwards:
Healy (Sunderland),
Little (Rangers),
Paterson (Burnley),
Lafferty (Rangers),
Ward (Sheffield United)

Old
09-08-2009, 09:43 AM
slovakiasnextone

Malý Vladko.

Old
09-09-2009, 12:19 AM
Kamzik

No Karhan. But Northern Ireland will be without their goal scorer in Poland, Lafferty - injured and replaced by some unproven wuss named Billy Kee.

Old
09-09-2009, 12:13 PM
slovakiasnextone

Expected Slovakia line-up for tonight: J. Mucha Jr. (26) - Pekarík (22), Škrtel (24), J. Ďurica (27), M. Čech (26) - Zabavník (28), Štrba (33) - Šesták (26), Weiss Jr.(19), Stoch (19) - Hološko (25).

Old
09-09-2009, 05:09 PM
Kamzik

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovakiaforever View Post
Expected Slovakia line-up for tonight: J. Mucha Jr. (26) - Pekarík (22), Škrtel (24), J. Ďurica (27), M. Čech (26) - Zabavník (28), Štrba (33) - Šesták (26), Weiss Jr.(19), Stoch (19) - Hološko (25).
Well, the line-up was a bit different with Kopunek in the midfield, and Vittek the striker until Holosko replaced Sestak at 65 minutes and Vittek moved to the midfield. Good result though, obviously can't complain. It was a bit scary right before the Holosko goal, but otherwise it was a very fine performance from SVK. October 10th is now a huge game, thanks to Poland wussing out badly today. It will be very hard for Slovenia to win on Tehelné pole, Slovakia is very close now. That game will be very tense.

When will we know if Hamsik can play in the next game?

Old
09-09-2009, 05:33 PM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Well, the line-up was a bit different with Kopunek in the midfield, and Vittek the striker until Holosko replaced Sestak at 65 minutes and Vittek moved to the midfield. Good result though, obviously can't complain. It was a bit scary right before the Holosko goal, but otherwise it was a very fine performance from SVK. October 10th is now a huge game, thanks to Poland wussing out badly today. It will be very hard for Slovenia to win on Tehelné pole, Slovakia is very close now. That game will be very tense.

When will we know if Hamsik can play in the next game?
Yeah, well they never really get the line-up that Weiss will play, Mr. unpredictable.

Good game from our side, a weak game from NI in the first half. Great work by Weiss on our first goal. A great team effort and I´d say a desrved win.

Just one point away from the WC today, though of course we should win as that will be what the home crowd will expect and it will keep brothers Czechs in competition for a play-off spot, of course if they win their two remaing games.

As for Hamsik, well I just heard somewhere that he won´t be able to play against Slovenia, but it was never mentioned in media, so I guess he´ll be available. However we will be missing Sestak as he got booked today and already had a yellow froma previous game.

EDIT: Coach Weiss after the game: " We will play for a win against Slovenia as well. Not only to advance from the grouo definitely, but also to help the Czechs and my friend Ivan Hašek to make it to the play-offs." This guy is great, isn´t he?

Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 09-09-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old
09-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Wilfrid Laurier

Good away game. I liked our positional defending and we took our chances. Even though we are almost qualified, I'm not taking anything for granted. Being both a fan of both the Slovak and Canadian football teams, I am used to disaster striking.
Slovenia and Poland will both be difficult games.

Old
10-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Kamzik

I just read that Filip Hološko broke his leg in Turkey and is going to undergo an operation in Isbanbul where doctors screw his bones back in place. Needless to say he won't be playing for awhile, including Slovakia's upcoming games versus Slovenia and Poland. Is this a major loss? Will Erik Jendrišek play most of the game? Is Róbert Vittek available?

Old
10-10-2009, 05:30 PM
slovakiasnextone

There are no words for what those people on the pith today pretending to be playing soccer for Slovakia just did.......how typical....+ the ref screwed us for the game against Poland too- IMO Skrtel,Durica,Zabavnik out?the only guy from our defense who still can play is Pekarik,who doesn´t even play in Wolfsburg ...add to that Stoch.....:hel p: :h elp:

Old
10-11-2009, 07:07 AM
RebelMe
The Last Unconcussed

Send a message via ICQ to RebelMe
Quote:
I just read that Filip Hološko broke his leg in Turkey and is going to undergo an operation in Isbanbul where doctors screw his bones back in place. Needless to say he won't be playing for awhile, including Slovakia's upcoming games versus Slovenia and Poland. Is this a major loss? Will Erik Jendrišek play most of the game? Is Róbert Vittek available?
In Istanbul? Oh boy...I always thought the only leg operation they perform in Istanbul is amputation.

RebelMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-11-2009, 07:33 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelMe View Post
In Istanbul? Oh boy...I always thought the only leg operation they perform in Istanbul is amputation.
Hm, do you think that if we sent some of our yesterday´s "heroes" there for that procedure that Weiss would finally realize that guys like Vittek don´t belong onto the pitch or do you think he´d still keep them playing one legged?

Old
10-11-2009, 09:55 PM
Wilfrid Laurier

Unfortunately, the result I dreaded but also expected from being a long-time fan has come to pass. The only bright spot is that since Poland is out of it they might play with less intensity or try out some younger players.

Old
10-12-2009, 12:41 AM
Kamzik

Quote:
Unfortunately, the result I dreaded but also expected from being a long-time fan has come to pass. The only bright spot is that since Poland is out of it they might play with less intensity or try out some younger players.
I agree that it is a hugely disappointing result. I won't bother commenting on the game itself, I think everything has already been written.

It will be a full effort from Poland, they can still catch Northern Ireland on points [they have them on goal differential], and I doubt the Poles have any desire to finish 5th in the group. Not to mention so many important Slovak defenders missing.

I feel the only thing to hope for is a drawing a weaker team in the Baraz. A couple of the second place teams are strong but beatable, i.e. Bosnia-Herzegovina, Norway, Scotland.

Last edited by Kamzik: 10-12-2009 at 12:48 AM.
Old
10-12-2009, 01:47 AM
slovakiasnextone

Quote:
I agree that it is a hugely disappointing result. I won't bother commenting on the game itself, I think everything has already been written.

It will be a full effort from Poland, they can still catch Northern Ireland on points [they have them on goal differential], and I doubt the Poles have any desire to finish 5th in the group. Not to mention so many important Slovak defenders missing.

I feel the only thing to hope for is a drawing a weaker team in the Baraz. A couple of the second place teams are strong but beatable, i.e. Bosnia-Herzegovina, Norway, Scotland.
The thing with that is that those teams will just like us be unseeded, so we´ll have to face a team like Russia,France,Portugal etc. About Norway btw, they´re the one 2nd place team that won´t even make it to the play-offs.

But I wouldn´t give up the game with Poland just yet. I believe that the main problem on Saturday was that there was too much of a fuss about the game and people believed the players way too much. That is something that Slovak footballers can´t take, they need to feel that they´re the underdogs and that it will be a huge upset if they actually win, being the favourites just doesn´t suit them. That´s why I´m hoping for a better showing in the game against Poland or possibly in the play-off games.

One thing I don´t understand is that Weiss has additionally called up defender Michalík who plays for Leeds in like the third English league while Csaba Horváth, who is playing very well in the Eredivisie, one of the top 10 leagues in Europe still is omitted.

Stoch, who can´t play on Wednesday will join the U21 team, which plays Cyprus on the same day in the 2011 U21 Euro qualifiers and currently sits on the top of their group ahead of Serbia and Norway.

The better news is that the U19 team has cruched Finland 4:0 yesterday and as they´ve atually managed to beat Slovenia, they´re through to the second part of Euro qualifiers undepending on the result in their final game against England.

EDIT: The greater news is that Sestak will play in Poland, hopefully he can score a goal or two for us again.

Last edited by slovakiasnextone: 10-12-2009 at 02:46 AM.
Old
10-14-2009, 01:38 PM
Wilfrid Laurier

Anyone else watching the game live? What a great start! But I can't believe they are playing in this weather, the snow is so hard that you can hardly see the ball on the screen!

Old
10-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Wilfrid Laurier

Once again, the team is panicking, can't play simple passes, can't hold possession, Poland is constantly attacking. This is going to be a very nervous 20 minutes.

Game Over! First ever World Cup appearance for Slovakia!

Last edited by Wilfrid Laurier: 10-14-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old
10-14-2009, 03:42 PM
captain AARON MAIDEN*

Quote:

Game Over! First ever World Cup appearance for Slovakia!
well done but lucky win

and Hamsik vs polish police

f hilarious

captain AARON MAIDEN* is offline   Reply With Quote