HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

All Things Jerseys Part 3 (New 3rd Jersey talk too)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-04-2009, 12:46 AM
  #51
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers21 View Post
I just threw my Zherdev up on ebay, 60 dollar starting bid...

Think it'll go?
EDGE or Premier?

Not really sure because I've seen Jagr jerseys at a buy now at 40 and I'd rather have those then a Zherdev.

NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
09-04-2009, 01:03 AM
  #52
McMonster
Registered User
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
I have an authentic EDGE Colorado Avalanche coming in tomorrow... I'll post pics when I get it.

McMonster is offline  
Old
09-04-2009, 05:24 PM
  #53
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
cool

nyrmetros is offline  
Old
09-05-2009, 12:11 AM
  #54
McMonster
Registered User
 
McMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 500
My camera is horrible but here it is...


McMonster is offline  
Old
09-07-2009, 09:53 AM
  #55
fcb51
 
fcb51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrangers21 View Post
I just threw my Zherdev up on ebay, 60 dollar starting bid...

Think it'll go?
Did you sell it?

fcb51 is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 12:46 PM
  #56
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ak10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
Got my RBK with Pics

I received my RBK from River City. It took a little over two weeks to get it once it was shipped.

I had called to get an update from River City. I was happy to get a helpful real person right away to update me.

Here are a couple of pics of it……
Attached Images
File Type: jpg voros.JPG‎ (284.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg eyeholes.JPG‎ (301.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg articme.JPG‎ (255.6 KB, 59 views)

ak10r is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 04:48 PM
  #57
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.
 
NYR957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
The CHL was forced into the Edge system. The Kitchener Rangers jerseys have the correct diagonal. Why can't we?

Away looks the same.

NYR957 is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 05:14 PM
  #58
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,877
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR957 View Post
The CHL was forced into the Edge system. The Kitchener Rangers jerseys have the correct diagonal. Why can't we?

Away looks the same.
Could just be the picture. You'd have to wait until they wear them in game to see if their different.

NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 06:18 PM
  #59
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,056
vCash: 500
Okay guys I'm ready to be crucified by Ranger fans...

I don't like our traditional jerseys at all... I think they are very plain, bland, and visually unappealing... Being "vintage" doesn't change how I feel about them and it shouldn't mandate that you like them no matter how die-hard of a Ranger fan you are...

We need some variety whether it be through a 3rd jersey or an updated look to the traditional design, we just need something that looks more current and on par with how the other teams around the league are updating their jerseys in 2009 and beyond.

My current favorites in the league? (see below)

Neither of these jerseys are tacky looking yet anytime someone suggests updating the Rangers jersey people scream bloody hell! Just because the organization has an original 6 history doesn't mean we can't sport a modern looking jersey.




wolfgaze is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 06:31 PM
  #60
allstar3970
Registered User
 
allstar3970's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Okay guys I'm ready to be crucified by Ranger fans...

I don't like our traditional jerseys at all... I think they are very plain, bland, and visually unappealing... Being "vintage" doesn't change how I feel about them and it shouldn't mandate that you like them no matter how die-hard of a Ranger fan you are...

We need some variety whether it be through a 3rd jersey or an updated look to the traditional design, we just need something that looks more current and on par with how the other teams around the league are updating their jerseys in 2009 and beyond.

My current favorites in the league? (see below)

Neither of these jerseys are tacky looking yet anytime someone suggests updating the Rangers jersey people scream bloody hell! Just because the organization has an original 6 history doesn't mean we can't sport a modern looking jersey.



you should buy one of those then. again, i dont get what the obsession is with "keeping up" with other teams changing their designs, like they're the popular kids who are gonna mock us in the cafeteria for having old looking jerseys.

allstar3970 is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 06:39 PM
  #61
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
you should buy one of those then. again, i dont get what the obsession is with "keeping up" with other teams changing their designs, like they're the popular kids who are gonna mock us in the cafeteria for having old looking jerseys.
Yes I want updated jerseys so we're more popular... You hit the nail on the head.



The whole mention of other teams updating/modernizing their jerseys was to point out that there's nothing wrong with doing it and that fans from other "traditional" markets don't seem to have any major qualms with updated jerseys... Yet with most Ranger fans it the end of the world...

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 07:32 PM
  #62
NYR Lunchbox
Registered User
 
NYR Lunchbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak10r View Post
I received my RBK from River City. It took a little over two weeks to get it once it was shipped.

I had called to get an update from River City. I was happy to get a helpful real person right away to update me.

Here are a couple of pics of it……
looks good but why voros?

NYR Lunchbox is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 07:44 PM
  #63
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Okay guys I'm ready to be crucified by Ranger fans...

I don't like our traditional jerseys at all... I think they are very plain, bland, and visually unappealing... Being "vintage" doesn't change how I feel about them and it shouldn't mandate that you like them no matter how die-hard of a Ranger fan you are...

We need some variety whether it be through a 3rd jersey or an updated look to the traditional design, we just need something that looks more current and on par with how the other teams around the league are updating their jerseys in 2009 and beyond.

My current favorites in the league? (see below)

Neither of these jerseys are tacky looking yet anytime someone suggests updating the Rangers jersey people scream bloody hell! Just because the organization has an original 6 history doesn't mean we can't sport a modern looking jersey.



To each his own I guess. IMO ours beats the hell out of the 3 you posted. Not even close. And regarding the Caps jersey, I actually like their other design better.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 07:44 PM
  #64
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR957 View Post
The CHL was forced into the Edge system. The Kitchener Rangers jerseys have the correct diagonal. Why can't we?

Away looks the same.

Looks better than ours ?? haha

nyrmetros is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 07:58 PM
  #65
ak10r
HFBoards Sponsor
 
ak10r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Fairbanks Alaska
Posts: 848
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Lunchbox View Post
looks good but why voros?
Thanks

He played his college hockey up here in Fairbanks (same as Chad Johnson different years), I met him several times through mutual friends……..

ak10r is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 08:04 PM
  #66
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.
 
NYR957's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrmetros View Post
Looks better than ours ?? haha
Compare these two.:



Clear difference in placement of the letters. Look at where the R starts on both.

NYR957 is offline  
Old
09-09-2009, 08:05 PM
  #67
NYR Lunchbox
Registered User
 
NYR Lunchbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 573
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ak10r View Post
Thanks

He played his college hockey up here in Fairbanks (same as Chad Johnson different years), I met him several times through mutual friends……..
very nice, kinda in stream with why i want a bobby sangs jersey since were from the same town

NYR Lunchbox is offline  
Old
09-11-2009, 12:14 AM
  #68
TylerDurden
Registered User
 
TylerDurden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 863
vCash: 500
I can't find an Avery jersey anywhere including online. Anybody know what the deal is?

TylerDurden is offline  
Old
09-11-2009, 12:17 AM
  #69
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
I can't find an Avery jersey anywhere including online. Anybody know what the deal is?
What do you mean by "find it"? Have one of the good jersey shops like rivercitysports, pro-jerseys, or sportsk make one for you. That's the way to go.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
09-12-2009, 12:00 PM
  #70
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,877
vCash: 500
Just a heads up for everyone, Cosby's still doesn't have Gaborik shirts.

Good news though is that the Garden store has both Gaborik and Higgins shirts.
Posted via Mobile Device

NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
09-12-2009, 03:18 PM
  #71
otto1219
Registered User
 
otto1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 998
vCash: 500
anyone ever get a name and number taken off an authentic jersey? and know an estimate of how much it would cost? i was given a zherdev authentic as a gift and id rather not let it collect dust.

otto1219 is offline  
Old
09-12-2009, 04:19 PM
  #72
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
To each his own I guess. IMO ours beats the hell out of the 3 you posted. Not even close. And regarding the Caps jersey, I actually like their other design better.
You mean those horrendous blue & orange jerseys with the capital building logo???

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
09-12-2009, 06:05 PM
  #73
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
You mean those horrendous blue & orange jerseys with the capital building logo???
no, that one is pretty bad. i meant to say i like the home version better.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
09-12-2009, 06:26 PM
  #74
BrandNewDream
Registered User
 
BrandNewDream's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bayonne, NJ
Country: Poland
Posts: 1,278
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Just a heads up for everyone, Cosby's still doesn't have Gaborik shirts.

Good news though is that the Garden store has both Gaborik and Higgins shirts.
Posted via Mobile Device
Awesome. I was thinking of which player t-shirt I was going to buy now that Gomez is gone (got it as a gift), and Higgins would be a perfect choice.

BrandNewDream is offline  
Old
09-13-2009, 09:29 AM
  #75
nyrmetros
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 5,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR957 View Post
Compare these two.:



Clear difference in placement of the letters. Look at where the R starts on both.
damn yea. the bottom one does look much better.

nyrmetros is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.